Your viewing journal

DanMachi s1 eps 7-10
There's some good characters in here, but it's very thin on plot: go to dungeon, beat enemies, get stronger because lame reason whilst meeting people along the way. There is a hint of something happening in the background, but nothing more than a cackling villain, or are they? at the moment.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out ep 3 (dropped)
Had a sweet moment then just ruined by Uzaki going loud again. The rest was pretty dull, so it's going.

But replacing it is the return of:
APPARE-RANMAN! ep 4
Spirit of a racer. And we're STILL not off and racing across America, and with 9 episodes left it feels like we won't get to the end of the race by the end unless they rush it!

No Guns Life s2 e3
Out of body experience.

Fire Force s2 e4
Tamaki really needs to get out of the habit 😉 of losing her clothes. Seriously though I thought it'd stopped.

Rent-A-Girlfriend ep 3
Life's a beach.

Super HxEROs ep 4 ("uncensored")
What I'm good at.

Serial Experiments Lain ep 11 (dub)

Toilet Bound Hanako-kun (English Dub) Episode 11

A Certain Scientific Railgun T Episode 16 Naughty dreams and precognition.

Fire Force 2nd Season Episode 28 Banding together.

Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma: The Fifth Plate Episode 4 Blue begins.

Rent-A-Girlfriend Episode 3 A manipulative ex.

Super HxEros (Uncensored) Episode 4 What I can do.

Strike Witches: 501st Joint Fighter Wing Take Off! (Short Film) Another welcome entry for the franchise, just a shame it was so short. 3/5

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! Episode 3 Treating the sick and Hypnotism.

Garden of Words - from the AL christmas backlog. This is nothing happened the movie, except that both people ended up worse off than when the film started (because well nothing happened). 10/10 worse than Fireworks.

Genius Party & Genius Party Beyond
Really enjoyed this collection of stories. Wrote a bigger review in the rate anime thread.

Requiem From The Darkness
Dark and sinister. It makes really good use of what seems like a limited budget to give itself a unique visual flair and style. The stories are fun watch unfold too.

There's some good characters in here, but it's very thin on plot:
I actually thought the spin off Sword Oratoria was much better.

Garden of Words - from the AL christmas backlog. This is nothing happened the movie, except that both people ended up worse off than when the film started (because well nothing happened). 10/10 worse than Fireworks.
I really liked it. All his work is about things that put distance in love and until Your Name they didn't really have happy ending. More real endings for the hard situations the characters are in.

I really liked it. All his work is about things that put distance in love and until Your Name they didn't really have happy ending. More real endings for the hard situations the characters are in.

Well you know me and the romance genre. I guess I should just avoid this director, even if I actually enjoyed Your Name

A Certain Scientific Railgun T episode 16 Do Mikasa’s dream of frog mascots?

APPARE-RANMAN! episode 4 This is finally back, hoping to see the race in action soon.

Bungo and Alchemist -Gears of Judgement- episode 11 Blue flame.

Fire Force Season 2 episode 28 Assistance.

Uzaki-chan Wants to Hang Out! episode 3 Sickness and hypnosis.

Gonna be the Twin-Tail!! episodes 10-12 (Complete. A trashy action-packed outing that provided some decent if unremarkable entertainment.) 3/5

Gravitation: Lyrics of Love
OVAs 1-2 (Complete. Somewhat engaging and music was pretty good - will check out the anime series eventually.) 3/5

Hakumei & Mikochi (Rewatch)
episodes 1-3

Last edited:
Well you know me and the romance genre. I guess I should just avoid this director, even if I actually enjoyed Your Name
I kinda know what you mean but I still think you should give The Place Promised in our Early Days a go. It's my personal favourite of his films. It's like 2 films rolled into one. The main one is a love story and the other is a sci fi about trying to find alternate worlds. It's a fairly slow film but I love it.

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 3
Sword Art Online Alicization -War of Underworld- (Japanese audio) - Episode 15 (Part 2 Ep. 3)

A Certain Scientific Railgun T (English Dub) Episode 15

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (English Dub) Episode 11

Lapis Re:Lights Episode 4 Club observations and stubborn sisters.

Peter Grill and the Philosopher's Time (Uncensored) Episode 3 A cheeky elf and dire straits.

Sword Art Online Alicization –War of Underworld– Episode 15 The fighting intensifies.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy Episode 4 Believe in me.

DanMachi s1 eps 11-13
Attack on Titan Goliath.
Some interesting stuff like Lili's backstory and a few good characters, but the mains, and by that I mean Bell and Hestia, are a boring soft hearted OP Shounen trope and an annoying obsessive. The fights are quite good, but really don't have much in the way of stakes. Will our hero pull through, well duh!
6/10

DanMachi
s1 (OVA)
Onsen fanservice. Fun enough.
6/10

DanMachi: Arrow of Orion
(movie)
For some reason I thought Sword Oratoria was a film, but it's a series, so I thought I'd watch this even though by the sounds of it it's a sequel of that as well, but Ais is hardly in this so I think I got away with it.
Anyway, much better than season 1 as a. all the introductions are out of the way apart from the plot specific character introduced here and b. the stakes are much higher than s1 which mostly focused on the Dungeon and thus the city and the outside world never really comes under serious threat.
Even the 2 mains have a bit of character development.
The ending wasn't pulled off as well as it could have, but overall I liked it a more than s1.
7/10

Serial Experiments Lain
ep 12

Lapis Re:LiGHTs ep 4
Sister act.

SAO Alicization: War of Underworld s2 e3
Pouring fuel on the fire.

Incredibles 2
Not as fun as the first film.

Last edited:
Anemone: Eureka Seven Hi Evolution 2 - Um it’s bad. In a new way it’s confusing stupid, weird no clue why it’s called Eureka Seven anymore as it’s gone well over the shark but AO and pocketful of rainbows signed posted this. This Anemone is not as fun or interesting as the original, it rips of Evangelion a bit too with its colour palette and cross iconography at points. I laughed as it reached so bad it’s good levels.
2/10
Will buy on BD as nobody else will and I need to see this third one to see if it becomes the worst film trilogy I’ve ever seen it’s well on its way.

Lapis Re:LiGHTs episode 4 Forests and falling-outs.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy episode 4 Master of time.

Hakumei & Mikochi (Rewatch) episodes 4-12 & OVA (Complete. As comfy and enjoyable as it was on my first watch - the world and characters present a relaxing experience that just has that feelgood factor I need sometimes in my anime. It also has some moments of genuine peril to remind the viewer just how dangerous life at such a small size could be.) 4/5

Handa-Kun
episodes 1-6

Full Metal Panic Fumoffu rewatch
Was hungover so wanted something easy to watch and this is a lot of fun.

BPS: Battle Programmer Shirase
Fun and silly.

Back