Your viewing journal

Serial Experiments Lain ep 10

The God of High School ep 3
"You've gotta keep fighting if you want to live"

Fruits Basket s2 e16
Wishing to be closer.

Fruits Basket 2nd Season episode 41 The space between.

The God of High School episode 3 Kicking ass and chewing bubblegum.

Gamers! episodes 1-12 (Complete. A gaming-themed rom-com with all sorts of comedic misunderstandings and little melodramas. Not much else to add really.) 3/5

Ep 3 of The God of High School
Ep 1 of Gibiate...wow thats some retro character designs
Ep 1 of Mr Love: Queen's Choice
Eps 2 & 3 of The Titan's Bride

Last edited:
Black Clover episode 135 A heart set on someone.

Muhyo & Roji’s Bureau of Supernatural Investigation 2nd Season episode 15 Dirty tactics and unexpected dismissals.

UMAYON episode 3 Magazine models.

Glass Mask (1984) episodes 1-11

Princess Connect! Re: Dive episodes 11-13 (End)
Another great series from CygamesPictures! With Takaomi Kanasaki directing another fantasy comedy the comparisons to Konosuba were inevitable but I much prefer this series with its blend of iyashikei and light-hearted comedy. I was already a fan of CygamesPictures from their compositing work on Mysteria Friends and it's great to see that quality again adding great atmosphere to scenes without feeling too over the top. Would love to see these goofballs return for a second season.

The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls Second Season episodes 1-2
A return to fun idol shenanigans

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby [Rewatch]1313
Uma Musume: Pretty Derby - BNW's Promise [Rewatch]03
Princess Connect! Re: DIVE1313
Brand New Animal1212
Japan Sinks 20201010
A Place Further than the Universe [Rewatch]013
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO! [Rewatch]013
22/7012
The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls Second Season212
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!012
The Rolling Girls012

There's a few series to watch/rewatch before the Autumn season, so I thought I'd make a start now:
DanMachi s1 eps 1-3
So far it a bit different to what I thought it was going to be. Hard to say if it's a bit more serious than I thought or less funny than I thought.
Not sure about Hestia = bestia, seems she could get a bit annoying. Ais seems more like my kind of girl. Hestia is played by Inori Minase though.

Talking of a show where the "best" girl that isn't my choice is played by Minase:
Re:ZERO s2 e3
Sanctuary!?

Umayon ep 3
Photoshoot.

Gibiate ep 2
Not sure if this is so bad it's good or so bad it's bad. The premise is a bit insane, but could make a cool story, but the writing isn't great. The human character designs are cool, but the monsters are so, so bad as is the CG used on them.
If you told me this was an early 90s OVA where the old 80s ideas were there, but the money had started to dry up I would believe you.

DECA-DENCE ep 3
Training.

Ahiru no Sora episode 40 Keeping tabs.

DECA-DENCE episode 3 Training time.

Mr Love: Queen’s Choice episode 2 Senpai reunion.

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- 2nd Season episode 28 The nature of a witch.

Glass Mask (1984) episodes 12-22 (Complete. An anime that focuses on the life of a young aspiring actress and the lengths she’ll go to hone her craft in the hopes of one day leading a legendary play. This was an often dramatic series but some of said drama was undermined by the lead rarely losing or failing to get praise and cheers. Though a mixed bag overall I am interested in seeing what the 2005 adaptation has to offer along with the OVAs from the late 90s.) 3/5

Goblin Slayer (Rewatch)
episodes 1-3

I rewatched Fullmetal Alchemist (2003) and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood in their entirety. FMA has been a personal favourite since I first caught FMA on Anime Central back in 2007, before importing the US sets. I haven't watched the 2003 series since then, but was keen to revisit when I saw that it was on Netflix.

It's interesting to watch it and Brotherhood back to back. 2003 feels more like a Shakesperean tragedy, whereas Brotherhood is more of a standard shonen anime. In 2003, while there is some humour, you never get the sense that we're headed for a truly happy ending.
I think the concept of the homunculi being the result of (failed) human transmutations is genius, adding an element of pathos that is missing from Brotherhood. Also Dante is a far more grounded antagonist than the Dwarf in the Flask (which reminds me far too much of the soot balls in Spirited Away) we get in Brotherhood. It jumps the shark when the ending switches to alternate history/'our world' being beyond the gate, but up until that point I think we get a more interesting conclusion than Brotherhood.

Brotherhood is overall more satisfying, with better animation and characterisation of the 'heroes' but does I think suffer from having less interesting antagonists when compared to the original series. But it's the one that I've revisited again and again.

Paprika (dub, rewatch)

DanMachi s1 eps 4-6
Definitely darker than I thought with the backstory to the character we meet in this arc.

Scott Pilgrim vs the World
10 YEARS OLD
RATING: AWESOME

Saw this on YouTube this morning and thought I'd watch the film before watching it:

The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me? (English Dub) Episode 11

My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU Climax Episode 3 Exam results and a mini prom.

No Guns Life 2nd Season Episode 15 Point blank. Nice nods to both GITS and Terminator.

No Guns Life 2nd Season episode 15 Master of puppets.

Goblin Slayer (Rewatch) episodes 4-12 (Complete. The first episode is still as visceral as it was when I first watched but the rest of the story feels more like a dark fantasy SoL. Not that I’m complaining as I enjoyed watching ole Goblin Slayer and his new pals earn some loot and rid the world of more monsters. Looking forward to seeing what the upcoming film has to offer.) 3.5/5

Gonna be the Twin-Tail!!
episodes 1-9

Last edited:
The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls Second Season episode 3

Hidamari Sketch episodes 1-2
Surprisingly Shaft's style works well for an adaptation of a Kirara series. Definitely enjoying this so far

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby [Rewatch]1313
Uma Musume: Pretty Derby - BNW's Promise [Rewatch]03
Princess Connect! Re: DIVE1313
Brand New Animal1212
Japan Sinks 20201010
A Place Further than the Universe [Rewatch]013
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU TOO! [Rewatch]013
22/7012
The IDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls Second Season312
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!012
The Rolling Girls012

Cosmic Devil Daikengo - Episodes 17 - 20

No Guns Life - Episode 14

Japan Sinks 2020 - Episode 1

I really liked this first episode, it was something a bit more adult and gritty, looking forward to the rest having avoided reading anything about it so far.

Back