Your viewing journal

The Tatami Galaxy episodes 3 to 11

Certainly an unusual series, one I wished there was a dub for solely to focus my eyes solely on the visuals rather than reading the subs quickly

Last edited:
ZWNMU39l.png

Kakushigoto (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-3
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-8
Wave, Listen to Me! (Japanese audio) - Episodes 7-9

Spring 2020 Simulcast WatchlistEp.Airing Status
Fruits Basket Season 20 / 25On-Going into Summer
Gleipnir12 / 13Finishing Soon
Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 20 / 12Finished Airing
Kakushigoto3 / 12Finished Airing
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!8 / 12Finished Airing
Princess Connect Re: Dive12 / 13Finishing Soon
Tower of God13 / 13Finished Airing
Wave, Listen to Me!9 / 12Finished Airing
Catalog Watchlist for StreamingEp.Airing Status
Blade of the Immortal8 / 24Finished Airing
Interspecies Reviewers12 / 12Finished Airing
Plunderer3 / 24Finished Airing

The Dragon Dentist episodes 1-2 (End)
A great fantasy film from Studio Khara. Animation and visuals were fantastic and reminds me a lot of the style of the Rebuild films. Would be cool to see what kind of stuff Khara can produce once they're done with the Rebuild series.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby [Rewatch] episodes 5-6

Current Focus
The Dragon Dentist 22
Afro Samurai05
Gatchaman Crowds: Insight012
Owarimonogatari012
RahXephon: The Motion Picture01
Remaining Series: 56
Remaining Movies: 30
Remaining Other: 9

Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb (Film) Stanley Kubrick’s 1964 satirical black comedy boasts multiple roles from Peter Sellers and George C. Scott on typically fine form. Slim Pickens is entertaining also and there’s an early film appearance from James Earl jones too.

Chaika -The Coffin Princess- episodes 7-12 (Complete. A fun fantasy romp featuring a likeable lead-who often shares the lead role with the somewhat bland Toru- with some interesting goings on and conflicts to keep the story moving. Onto the second cour.) 3.5/5

Chaika -The Coffin Princess- Avenging Battle
episodes 13-22 & OVA (Complete. A decent continuation though the minor issues I had with the first half still remain. That being said, the story did see some interesting developments and a solid climax and conclusion. The OVA was average with some fanservice flare.) 3.5/5

Last edited:
PFu2G2il.png

Gleipnir (Japanese audio) - Episode 13 (Completed)
Kakushigoto (Japanese audio) - Episodes 4-7
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-10
Wave, Listen to Me! (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Completed)

Gleipnir13 / 13Watched
Kaguya-sama: Love is War Season 20 / 12Finished Airing
Kakushigoto7 / 12Finished Airing
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!10 / 12Finished Airing
Princess Connect Re: Dive12 / 13Finishing Soon
Tower of God13 / 13Watched
Wave, Listen to Me!12 / 12Watched
Interspecies Reviewers12 / 12Watched

Thursday 25th - Sunday 28th.

My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (English Dub) Episode 7

The 8th Son? Are You Kidding Me? (English Dub) Episode 7

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun (English Dub) Episode 22

Armed Girl's Machiavellism (Rewatch) Episode 1-12 & OVA (Complete. Upon rewatch my opinions on this series really haven't changed. It is still a fun watch with its solid cast of characters and orientated battle action.) 3.5/5

Gleipnir Episode 13 Memory manipulation. (Complete. Supernatural shape shifting with a really interesting story accompanied by a darker undertone that made for some rather explicit viewing and poignancy that contrasted well with some of the characters personalities.) 3.5/5

Hanayamata (Rewatch) Episode 1-12 (Complete. On rewatch this still remains one of my favourite SoL series to date with it's charmingly loveable cast of characters and beautiful visuals to go along side the traditional yosakoi dancing.) 3.5/5

If Her Flag Breaks Episode 1-13 & OVA (Complete. A harem series chocked full of tropes which was a little bit slow to get going story wise, but manages to recover thanks to some decent action and improvement to the story in the second half. Overall this was pretty entertaining.) 3/5

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War 2nd Season Episode 24 Photo's and Going out with a Big Bang. (Complete. Another fun solid season with more of the same mind games. At least the comedy aspect was improved upon from season 1 thanks to the expanded cast of characters.) 4/5

Shachibato! President, It's Time for Battle! Episode 12 Questions and Answers. (Complete. This may not have been a standout series but at least it was surprisingly fun and endearing throughout, though I do feel that the fanservice was unnecessary.) 3/5

Weathering with you. courtesy of Screen Anime

It is a solid representation of all the problems with the romance genre for me, which is insanely cheesy when you actually stop to think about it for a few seconds. But at least it was fun that the main guy (already forgot his name sadly) chose to drown tokyo to save his girlfriend. It's similar to the Heaven's Feel dilema but with the moral implications and deep soul searching hand waved because "aww dey in love."

But besides that it was well animated, well told and the artwork was gorgeous so solid 7 out of 10. Ultimately I greatly prefer Your Name for it's cosmic implications which weren't entirely centered on the power of love.

TLDR It's kind of a sweet story but once you get past that you realise that actually it's kind of stupid. They should have pulled a Penguin Highway and explored the wierd phenomenon instead of it being a simple plot device to bring two teenagers together.

Last edited:
Also started a rewatch of Yashuhiro Nightow's Gungrave (2002) Episodes 1-3. I'm enjoying it a lot. If I remember rightly some people hated the way it started in the present and flashed back to the past for a good chunk of the series and then resumed the thread from episode 1 part way through. Personally I like that sort of storytelling and I think it works really well in this.
I can't say I've ever actually read any opinion of Gungrave before, but I'd have to guess that the criticism probably comes from the fact that the Brandon and Harry origin story is by far the best part of the series. The present-day stuff just can't hope to match up to it, I don't think.

But yeah, I'm a fan of Gungrave too, on balance.

Gurren Lagann The Movie 2
Now this one was amazing! Maybe I dont remember this part as well but there seemed to be more significant differences to the show. And the finale is just so epic and ludicrous that you cant helped but be sucked in.
I meant to come back to these before, dude, so please forgive my slowness! But, yeah... I...

Bloody hell I love this film. 😅
I'd better not even get started.

I will say that the first film does actually have quite a bit of new stuff too. Simon's rescue of Nia is very different, and the whole Four Generals arc is condensed into one big climactic battle royale. Yoko engages in some hand-to-hand combat with Adiane (the scorpion woman) as well, which I thought was pretty gripping stuff.

There's a lot of very clever streamlining in it, I think, but, like you said about the condensing, Team Gurren's meeting with the Black Siblings and with Rossiu being reduced to a soundtracked montage kinda dulls the effect, unfortunately.

Gurren Lagann Parallel Works
A pretty weird bunch if music videos that each tell their own story. It's pretty weird that 1 of these was made so the fact there are 14 is pretty amazing. My favourite was probably the first one with a medieval europe type setting.
Parallel Works unfortunately remains a bit of a mixed bag for me; I think I'd really anticipated that I'd be a lot more into it than I am. The ones I like best, though, are "Kittan Zero", which is a story idea for how Kittan acquired his Gunmen robot; the Lordgenome backstory one; and the last one, which is like a mini-documentary demonstrating how Gunmen work.

Over the last week of so I’ve watched quite a bit of anime. So how managed to complete a show and dipped my toe into a bunch of show

Dance in the Vampire Bund 1-12 (dub) complete. It was an ok show
Psycho Pass Season 1 1-4 (dub) I like so far
Heroic Age 1-8 (dub) really enjoying it
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed only the first episode. Not watched it in a longtime
Noblesse Awakening OVA I do like that ova
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn 1-3 (dub) it’s something to watch on the train way in and home from work
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 1-2 (dub)
Mobile Suit Gundam Wing 1-3 (dub)

lol it seems like I’ve watched alot of Gundam.
So for the next week or so the aim is to finish Heroic Age and Unicorn.

Last edited:
wT1eyyWl.png

Kaguya-sama: Love is War? (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-6
Kakushigoto (Japanese audio) - Episodes 8-9
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom! (Japanese audio) - Episodes 11-12 (Completed)
Princess Connect! Re: Dive (Japanese audio) - Episode 13 (Completed)

Gleipnir13 / 13Watched
Kaguya-sama: Love is War?6 / 12Finished Airing
Kakushigoto9 / 12Finished Airing
My Next Life as a Villainess: All Routes Lead to Doom!12 / 12Watched
Princess Connect Re: Dive13 / 13Watched
Tower of God13 / 13Watched
Wave, Listen to Me!12 / 12Watched
Interspecies Reviewers12 / 12Watched

Fruits Basket 2nd Season episode 38 One who Glows and one with jealousy.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive episode 13 Memories Fade. (Complete. Laidback and a lot of fun whilst also allowing for some more serious moments especially near the conclusion.) 3.5/5

Woodpecker Detective’s Office
episode 12 (Complete. A mixed bag in terms of story and lacking many characters that were all that likeable. Some of the mysteries were somewhat interesting, especially the final episode, but otherwise this just felt uneven and lacking in either charm or much intrigue.) 2.5/5

Depeche Mode: Spirits in the Forest (Documentary Film)

Afro Samurai episodes 1-5 (End)
Despite its interesting premise I didn't really enjoy it as much as I was expecting. Won't bother with the movie.

Uma Musume: Pretty Derby [Rewatch] episode 7

Current Focus
Humanity Has Declined 012
Afro Samurai55
Gatchaman Crowds: Insight012
Owarimonogatari012
RahXephon: The Motion Picture01
Remaining Series: 56
Remaining Movies: 29
Remaining Other: 8

Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 38 Radiating and Jealousy.

Princess Connect! Re: Dive Episode 13 Forgotten. (Complete. A fun easy-going series that manages to incorporate some rather serious moments throughout especially towards the ending.) 3.5/5

The World God Only Knows Episode 1-2

Yu Yu Hakusho ep3-6

This is fine, it's reasonably paced so far and has some entertaining story beats, but it suffers the familiar problem where I find the side characters more interesting than the main. I think I might rotate it out to something else for a while, probably Ghost Sweeper Mikami.

Kaguya-sama: Love is War S2 ep2-3

Kind of feels like the end of the year should have been the S1 finale? Fool Kaguya is pretty great anyway.

Orange Future-it was a good bookend to the series and basically it explained most of the paradoxes and open ended things the series didn't bother with.

Back