Your viewing journal

Ascendance of a Bookworm episodes 13-14 (complete)
I liked some of the ideas this had but it was a bit meh most of the time. I do actually want to finish it off though so I'll watch the next season, just not be in a rush to do so if there's something else on the go.
6/10

Oresuki
episode 12 (complete) (until the OVA)
I thought this was funny and enjoyable but was stronger at the beginning and sort of went downhill towards the end.
7/10

On the second day of Christmas my camping buddies gave to me, 2 cute doggies:
tenor.gif

Carole & Tuesday eps 16-18
As the main plot wafts along in the background (their career and the political stuff) these were more about some of the characters.
Episode 16 was great. Got to learn a bit more about Gus and the performance at the end was also excellent and made for a moving moment.
Episode 17 was about Ertegun. Had similar themes to 16, but more comedic beats.
Episode 18 is summed up by the title. Man that ending. Poor Tuesday, but Carole was there for her.

Assassins Pride (English Dub) Episode 7

High School Prodigies Have It Easy Even In Another World (English Dub) Episode 8

Assassins Pride Episode 12 (Complete. A decent series with an interesting concept. Even though this doesn't do anything to spectacular, At least the two MC's where likeable enough to make this a worthwhile watch each week). 3.5/5

Shoujo☆Conte All Starlight Episode 25

No Guns Life Episode 12 (Part 1... Complete. A solid series with a unique story concept that resembles GITS a lot in certain aspects. Looking forward to see what part 2 has instore). 3.5/5

Assassins Pride episode 12 Trial in wonderland. (Complete. This ended up being a different type of series than I expected it to be based on the early episodes. After the midway point the story felt a bit lighter in tone, leaning towards fanservice and the finale was a bit muddled too. Overall not a bad series but one that could have been better in several ways.) 3/5

No Guns Life
episode 12 Spectral shenanigans. (Complete. Stylish and noir-esque, I’m looking forward to watching the second cour when it releases.) 3.5/5

Naruto Shippuden (Partial Seasonal Rewatch)
episodes 425-426, 459-463, 470-479, 494-500 (Complete. This took up most of December and asides from the overuse of flashbacks and 2/3rds of any of Sasuke’s screen time I still love this series despite its flaws.) 4.5/5

On the third day of Christmas my camping buddies gave to me, erm, 3 stick-on warmers?
_20191227_174344.JPG
I can see this getting harder as the days go by!

Assassins Pride eps 11 & 12 (complete)
Stuff happens. Something about being trapped in a library and magic books and being ambushed by someone trying to prove Lita isn't the true daughter of her father. I kept nodding off after an early start this morning and I didn't care enough to go back to the bit I missed.
Could have been interesting, but just didn't care enough, clearly, by the end.
Art and animation were fine.
6/10

Fire Force
eps 23 & 24 (complete)
Revealing the past in numerous ways. LOL, they've now got a plot thread that is almost exactly the same as Demon Slayer, with Shinra wanting to turn his mother back into a human!
The story seemed quite interesting at the start, but has really meandered since the start with them going to different places and picking up new members of the team and only really started pushing forward more with the last arc. The characters are fine, but probably another case of too many for any but the MC to get enough screen time to get to know them.
The art and animation are very good with some excellent fights.
7/10

Baja's Studio
An endearing short, which looks the part. The story was quite simple, but executed nicely. Given that it's set in an animation studio, I felt a bit unease at times, but I'm glad I finally had a chance to see it.

Couple weeks worth 😅

Dr Stone episodes 22-23

Fire Force episodes 20-21

Katsugeki Touken Ranbu episodes 1-3

Mix Meisei Story episodes 20-24 (Complete)

Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls
episodes 8-12 (Complete)

Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls OVAs episodes 1-2 (Complete)

My Hero Academia S4
episodes 9-10

The Ones Within episodes 9-12 (Complete)

Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious Episode 12 (Complete. This was a series (going by the title) that I was expecting to see the same old generic "Summoned to other world, given OP powers and asked to defeat the Demon King" anime trope. This thankfully ended up being completely different which is a welcome change for once. The comedy of this is well executed and further emphasized by certain characters ridiculous reactions. Cast wise, everyone is likeable, the animation is decent and most of all, the concept itself was the most interesting part. A rather entertaining series overall and hopefully we can get a continuation at some point). 3.5/5

Fire Force Episode 23 & 24 (Complete. A solid series with a unique concept that manages to blend together beautiful animation with great action scenes which I applaud David Production for not holding back on especially with the dynamism and fluidity. Overall this has been an absolute joy to watch from start to finish even with its solid cast of characters. Looking forward to the second season). 4/5

Granblue Fantasy The Animation Season 2 Episode 12 (Complete. A second season that continues on from where S1 left off and gives us more of the same enjoyable fantasy. The visuals still look as beautiful as ever despite the change in studio. Despite having seen two season of this, I'm still curious to know why both Apollonia and the Empire are so determined to capture Lyria and what they are secretly planning. Overall this was another enjoyable watch). 3.5/5

Fire Force episodes 23&24 Backstory and brawl. (Complete. This was enjoyable and I get the sense that the overall story will grow stronger as it progresses next season, which isn’t too far off.) 3.5/5

Food Wars! The Fourth Plate
episode 12 A solid enough ending. (Complete. A decent season, though I think this is where I’ll be calling it quits unless they decide to create an anime only ending to the next arc.) 3.5/5

True Cooking Master Boy
episode 12 Set-up for a future season. (Complete. A cooking show for the season that offered a different approach. It wasn’t always unique or compelling but it did have a charm to it. I’ll watch the second season when it comes.) 3.5/5

Natsu No Arashi! episodes 1-9

Last edited:
On the fourth day of Christmas my camping buddies gave to me 4 Yukichis (person on the ¥10000 note, so ¥40000!)
_20191228_173829.JPG

We Never Learn s2 e13 (complete)
Jinx (are we supposed to take from that shot at the end that Uruka was the one touching his hand when the fireworks went off? I went back and the outline of the hair wasn't hers)! Apparently it's an anime original ending and the manga hasn't quite reached its conclusion.
This season was a bit less ecchi and concentrated a lot more on getting to know the characters more especially Fumino and Rizu (which makes their final decision a bit weird). This is possibly the last we'll get animation wise from this property and apparently they cut a lot more of the backstory stuff for other characters, so I might have a read of the manga at some point.
The art and animation were the same as the first season which was fine.
8/10

Kono Oto Tomare!
s2 e13 (complete)
And the winner is...
I really enjoyed this one. The character interactions are all fun and the budding of romantic feelings was sweet. Maybe a little bit of melodrama in the middle, but I suppose it made me root for them more. And the performances were beautiful. This is another show that might not get a third season due to not enough material, but I think it ended better than Bokuben, so probably don't feel the need to read the manga as much.
The art and animation weren't top notch though, but still quite good.
9/10

Stars Align
ep 12 (complete, well not really!)
Woah that went from light to dark so fast it was like someone turned the lights off at night!
An interesting sports show with various added psychological tortures from most of the parents of our cast. Unfortunately that stuff was a bit heavy handed and now, apparently, will never have a payoff to see if it was going anywhere meaningful. The studio pulled the plug on a second cour so late that there was no chance to turn the story into a one cour so the creative team just left it as is, I guess in the hopes that it might get the second cour at some point.
The art and animation were pretty good. Easily the best ED Sequence of the season, possibly of the year!
7/10 (marked down due to incompleteness, which is a shame)

Bokuben s2 ep 13 [END]

5/10

Sword Art Online: Alicization War of Underworld
ep 12 [END]

7/10

KonoOto s2
ep 13 [END]

8/10..
might change it later to 9, it was fantastic. what a show.

Last edited:
Due to Death Stranding and my recent sudden cold, I've been behind on anime once again. Much like the previous seasons, I don't intend on starting the next season until a majority of the previous ones have been sorted out (though there can be exceptions such as ID: INVADED and Plunderer due to the preview streams).

Food Wars! The Fourth Plate (Japanese audio) - Episodes 9-12 (Completed)
My Hero Academia Season 4 (Japanese audio) - Episode 11 [74]
ORESUKI Are you the only one who loves me? (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Completed, OVA continuation starts June 2020)
Sword Art Online: Alicization -War of Underworld- (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Completed, Second-cour starts April 2020)

Streaming Backlog so far:
Babylon - 7 of 7 (remainder continues throughout January 2020)
Blade of the Immortal (2019 series) - 4 of 13 (9 eps behind, remainder continues throughout Winter 2020 season)
Cautious Hero: The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious - 10 of 11 (1 ep behind, remainder airs next week)
Fire Force - 15 of 24 (9 eps behind)
Kemono Michi: Rise Up - 10 of 12 (2 eps behind)
My Hero Academia Season 4 - 11 of 11 (remainder continues throughout Winter 2020 season)
No Guns Life - 4 of 12 (8 eps behind)
Vinland Saga - 15 of 24 (9 eps behind)
Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun - 10 of 13 (3 eps behind, remainder continues throughout Winter 2020 season)

My Hero Academia Fourth Season episode 74 A true sacrifice.

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-Kun episode 13 Redecoration and requested ascension.

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN Season 2 episode 13 Romance in bowl and broth. (Complete. I liked this season overall more than the first though there were arcs and episodes that worked better than others for me. It also appears that this is the end for the anime unless they do OVAs or a shorter season.) 3.5/5

Natsu no Arashi!
episodes 10-26 (Complete. A time-travelling supernatural series that was a case of having two seasons that were fairly different from one another in terms of the first having more of a balance between the comedic and serious storylines, whilst the second season focused mainly on episodic comedy. I found this to be a solid series overall though the second season was weaker for me.) 3.5/5, 3/5

Nightwalker: The Midnight Detective
episodes 1-8

Magical Sempai (English Dub) Episode 11-12 (Complete)

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun (English Dub) Episode 2

Kono Oto Tomare! 2nd Season Episode 13 (Complete. Honestly, I have just loved every moment of this anime. It just goes to show how real the characters are and what they went through before joining the koto club altogether. This season managed to bring a lot more emotions to the plate than it already had. The romance continues to blossoms, even sailing two ships at a time. The playful interaction between the characters further enhances the depth of their relationship. The frustration and subtle support they have for each other pull their bond closer. The last chance to get to the national competition rises up the stakes even more, forcing them to present their best performance yet). 3.5/5

Sword Art Online Alicization: War of Underworld Episode 12 (Complete... for now. Absolutely brilliant so far. I'm looking forward to seeing what the next cour has in store). 3.5/5

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN Season 2 Episode 13 (Complete. Another pleasant season from this series that ended up being more focused towards the character development aspect this time around. Despite all that, this still ended up still being enjoyable). 3.5/5

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun Episode 13 Ami's gadgets remind me way to much of Lala's inventions.

Back