Your viewing journal

If It's for My Daughter, I'd Even Defeat a Demon Lord (English Dub) Episode 6

Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun (English Dub) Episode 1

Chidori RSC (Rifle is Beautiful) Episode 10 Lagging behind.

Fairy Gone 2nd Season Episode 12 Sacrifice (Complete. This was a show that I had good expectations about considering which studio was working on it, and thankfully they delivered on it. A pretty solid show overall). 3.5/5

Vinland Saga Episode 23 Coincidence..... or not?

Africa Salaryman episode 12 Finale and firing. (Complete. Despite the often wonky animation this was easily the comedic highlight of the season with some ridiculous characters, especially Toucan whose selfish actions almost always resulted in some comedic karma.) 3.5/5

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
episode 137 The last Samurai (pupil).

Rifle is Beautiful episode 10 “Shooting is beauty”.

Special 7: Special Crime Investigation Unit episode 11 No regrets.

Vinland Saga episode 23 The power of the true king.

Naruto Shippuden (Seasonal Partial Rewatch) episodes 331-342

Last edited:
Peacemaker
In the end I liked this show though I thought the first 3rd was pretty bad. The final 3rd really elevated the whole show and was a very good finale. My main reason for feeling like this is that at the start you are essentially watching 2 shows. The main story is a bad comedy involving the main character who is an obnoxious, bratty little toe rag. The sub plot is a really intriguing political thriller with samurai and ninja assassins. It's not until the end that the main character even gets involved in any of this.

Takagi-san s2 eps 10-12 (complete)
Awesome ending, even if it was a touch cliché.
Even though this is basically more of the same thing as the first season and is basically the same thing happening again and again with different situations the relationship between the two MCs is really sweet and builds and builds ever so slowly of the course of the season(s).
I also like the art. The animation again doesn't need to be flashy due to the nature of the show, but is pretty good.
8/10

Christmas specials: AVGN, Bottom, Porridge, Ed Edd n Eddy

Gremlins (Film)
Nothing quite as festive as mischievous creatures causing chaos with an eclectic score and some great setpieces. I still have no clue where that Santa Claus story came from though.

Naruto Shippuden (Seasonal Partial Rewatch) episodes 343-346, 349-361 It was interesting revisiting the arguably only solid Naruto filler arc with Kakashi’s days in the Anbu Black Ops. It’s well worth a watch, even with some of that signature Naruto flashback repetition at times.

Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! (English Dub) Episode 7

Didn't I Say to Make My Abilities Average in the Next Life?! Episode 12 (Complete. A fun isekai-comedy series which I found to be quite an enjoyable weekly watch with it's likeable main cast of characters. One of the best part's about this show are the references). 3.5/5

Didn't I Say Make My Abilities average in the Next Life? episode 12 (complete)
I found this really average and meh, but a fun watchable series to sort of wind down to. Its still only a 6/10 for me, but after the last episode I do actually want another season out of it.

Carole & Tuesday (dub) eps 13-15
Glad they turned down the contract. It seemed too easy. Carole's dad's story was very sad, but I can already see where Tuesday's mothers policy is going in that it'll make Carole an illegal alien!

Kono Oto Tomare! s2 e12
What a performance! Visually not as stunning as say that last performance in Your Lie (I watched it again just now to remind myself, whoops 😭), but musically maybe even better!

Kabukichou Sherlock ep 11
Everything is revealed. Quite a thriller of an episode.

Special 7 ep 11
Having faith.

Fairy Gone s1 p2 e12 (complete)
Together as one.
An improvement storywise over the first season as it settled down and focused on one main thread for the most part.
Art wise the characters were pretty good, but the backgrounds were mixed, the city stuff was plain boring mostly. The Fairy designs were also mixed, but being CG let them all down. Animation again was a mixed bag, with some good fights, but other stuff just looked off.
7/10

Vinland Saga
ep 23
Man what the hell have they done with the anime original bit 😡
Thorfinn is present at the court when Askeladd puts his plan in motion that in turn completely destroys Thorfinn and his quest for revenge. It's probably the best moment I've read in any manga so far in terms of dramatic story beats.
Hopefully they find another contrivance to get him to the court in time before it kicks off. Otherwise they've massively dropped the ball at the last minute!

Chihayafuru s3 e12
The Challenger tournament starts.
Next episode is the 7th ☹️

Fire Force ep 22
Faster than light.

Ace of Diamond: Act II episode 39 Broken rhythm.

Bananya and the Curious Bunch episode 13 In a world of familiarity. (Complete. A bit more ambitious than the first series thanks to its story ideas and characters-still as cute as ever too.) 3/5

Black Clover
episode 115 Fifth clover.

Christmas Specials: Futurama, King of the Hill & South Park.

Die Hard (Film)
“Come out the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs…”

Naruto Shippuden (Seasonal Partial Rewatch) episodes 362-375 Almost there with this, a lot of skippable filler awaits.

Last edited:
Twin Star Exorcists 1-50 complete

Oh man this was great. Splitting the show into 4 main arcs I'd say parts 1 and 4 were excellent. Part 3 was great and part 2 was mostly terrible though it did have my favourite episode of the whole series in it.

My fav ep was the one with the Lion Man basara who wants to see beauty but doesnt even understand what beauty is. It was like mid noughties sci fi that would go weird but still be deep like Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze, Noein and the like. I think that's why I liked the series finale so much. The whole show went off the rails and the discussion over humanity being worthy or already so corrupted it cant be saved fed right into that.

Now rewatching A Silent Voice again. Already cried several times and only a third the way through. This film is so good.

On the first day of Christmas my camping buddies gave to me, curry noodles:
EC09FE2572FB3F2DA242685A376A9085B4B87370

Heya Camp starts on the 6th so I'm watching an episode of Yuru Camp each day for 12 days which should finish on the 5th.

Ascendance of a Bookworm eps 13 & 14 (complete)
Tough negotiations.
An isekai with an OP protagonist, but instead of brawn it's brains (although hints at the end suggests she could get powers that make her OP, but with magic), so more like No Game No Life than other isekais. But due to the conditions of the world and the body our MC occupies she also has to rely on the help of others who are for the most part very likable characters which made it really enjoyable.
Art was fairly plain though and animation was adequate.
8/10

ORESUKI
ep 12 (complete)
What are friends for?
MC wants to be the lead in a rom-com, but things don't turn out quite the way he thinks it will. The start was hilarious with fourth wall breaks and MVP bench-kun, but after the initial arc had its resolution I felt it went down hill a bit and now his situation is basically reversed from the start with tons of girls after him and the one he rejected being the one he loves!
we have to wait for an OVA to finish the story!:
Art and animation were good.
7/10

Ahiru no Sora episode 13 Training camp.

Ascendance of a Bookworm episodes 13-14 A difficult decision. (Complete. A solid series that manages to deal with the darker aspects of its body-swapping premise whilst also being fairly laid-back and character-focused. I’m interested to see what the second season will bring.) 3.5/5

Blade of the Immortal (2019)
episode 13 Test of immortality.

Radiant 2nd Season episode 13 Accusation.

Naruto Shippuden (Seasonal Partial Rewatch) episodes 378-388, 391-393, 414-415, 417-421 A few of these episodes were flashback-heavy with scenes seen multiple times before-it’s an issue with later Naruto that leads to a lot of skimming.

After School Dice Club (English Dub) Episode 10

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest OVA Episode 1

Ascendance of a Bookworm Episode 13 & 14 (Complete... for now. Good stuff so far, Looking forward to the second season). 3.5/5

Cautious Hero: The Hero is Overpowered but Overly Cautious Episode 11 The truth is revealed.

ORESUKI: Are you the only one who loves me? Episode 12 Cliffhanger (Complete. This was a somewhat decent show. Just a shame it ended up going downhill, but at least it tried to be different. Hopefully the OVA can settle everything). 3/5

Radiant Season 2 Episode 13 Ceremony and Accusations.

The Seven Deadly Sins: Wrath of the Gods Episode 12 Major power up.

Back