Your viewing journal

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 118 Appreciating a more mature storyline here.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind episodes 38-39 (Complete. A fun ride with some memorable setpieces-the torture dance remains firmly ingrained in my mind. I’m unsure as to how I’d rank it with the other four parts but it didn’t feel as strong as some entries overall. I’d happily embark on an adaptation of Part 6 though!) 4/5

Vinland Saga
episode 4 Vengeance and lessons learned.

Hagane Orchestra episodes 1-12 (Complete. I jumped into this completely blind, neither realising it was a series of shorts nor that it was basically-and blatantly-advertising a mobile phone game that I had never heard of. It’s self-aware and had its moments of funniness but overall left very little impact.) 2.5/5

Hakumei and Mikochi
episodes 1-5

Attack on Titan Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 22 (Complete)

BEM Episode 3
Decent stuff. Things just keep getting more interesting.

Fairy Tail Episode 319
Disintegrating determination.

Re:Stage! Dream Days♪ Episode 4
A surprising secret, more practicing and a new club member.

Teasing Master Takagi-san 2 Episode 4
Too cute.

The Ones Within Episode 4
Festival time and demon issues.

Vinland Saga Episode 4
A duel and sacraficial woes.

Demon Slayer ep 17
Backstory for Zenitsu. So he's always been an insufferable cry baby!

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid eps 12 & 13 & Special (complete)
Omurice, Daddy issues and valentines/onsen.
Whilst it had something to say about family and love, it wasn't quite as funny as thought it might be and the weird undercurrent of hentai troupes were just off putting (apparently there's even more in the manga including Futanari!)
It's KyoAni so art and animation were great.
7/10

Fate/Zero
s2 eps 10-12
So endeth the 4th Holy Grail War. It was as clear as mud as to who actually won though,
Kiritsugu seemed to even though Kirei/Archer were still alive, but he rejects the answer to his wish and gets Saber to destroy it and then suddenly Kirei is the winner? I guess, maybe, in her attempt to destroy it Saber died leaving Kirei to win and the vision of Kiritsugu was just that, a vision, not the finale to the war? But the Grail was destroyed?
The action was good, but there were still a load of episodes that focuses on other things. They were probably better than the first season episodes with similar lack of action.
8/10

Lord El-Melloi II
ep 4
Ah, a 2 parter. Things do make more sense now I've seen F/Z, although the actual mystery part never seems to give you enough clues to try and figure it out yourself.

Vinland Saga ep 4
Back with a bang.

SSSS Gridman ep1-4

Solid, but it seems like kind of a slow burn. I missed FranXX's melodrama.

BEM ep3

This was the strongest episode yet, but I still find the show a bit hokey at times, for want of a better word.

Darling in the FranXX ep14-15 (English Dub)

This rotten thing is like the family sized bag of crisps that you keep eating in the hope that the next one will taste as good as the first one did, despite knowing that you've already eaten about three packets worth at this point.

Fate/Zero s2 eps 10-12
So endeth the 4th Holy Grail War. It was as clear as mud as to who actually won though,
Kiritsugu seemed to even though Kirei/Archer were still alive, but he rejects the answer to his wish and gets Saber to destroy it and then suddenly Kirei is the winner? I guess, maybe, in her attempt to destroy it Saber died leaving Kirei to win and the vision of Kiritsugu was just that, a vision, not the finale to the war? But the Grail was destroyed?
The action was good, but there were still a load of episodes that focuses on other things. They were probably better than the first season episodes with similar lack of action.
8/10

Kirei gets mortally wounded then because the Grail is affected with all the worlds evils, so it can't grant wishes without great destruction. Kerry tries to destroy it but Kirei touches the grail just before he dies and it explodes so is not destroyed by Saber. Kirei is then resurrected by the Grail (A plot point in HF), Technically no one wins as the energy is not used which is why it only takes 10 years over 50 for the fifth Grail war. Kerry tries to dismantle the grail in the five years since but dies because of the black that exploded it kills him 5 years later. Thats the ending him dying passing the mantle of hero of justice to Shirou. The Grail exploding also gives Humanish form which is why he is naked in that scene, which is why he is still around.

Last edited:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind episodes 38-39 [End] - Another fantastic part to the series. Not quite up there with Part 4 but it's still a great addition with a fun cast of characters and the usual bizarreness you'd expect. 9/10

Girls Last Tour
[Rewatch/Dub] episodes 9-12 [End] - Still one of my favourite series with a pretty solid dub as well. I think Flying Witch will be next on my Sentai dub rewatches. 9/10

O Maidens in Your Savage Season
episode 4

Mobile Suit Gundam NT (Blu-ray)

I enjoyed this and at 90 minutes it was the right length, the final third of the film was awesome.

Blue Gale Xabungle - Episodes 12 - 15

Granbelm - Episode 3

Still not sure about Granbelm.

Ep 4 of Vinland Saga...damn that made me tear up
Ep 3 of Given...Mafuyu is just precious
Ep 3 of Fire Force
Ep 17 of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba
Ep 4 of Lord El-Melloi II’s Case Files

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (Japanese audio) - Episode 4

EArLuQLVAAkBwHQ

Examples of rushed or cut content are as follows (spoilers for Light Novel 1 & the first 5 episodes of the anime):
  • The Prologue of Light Novel 1:
    • The introduction of the classmates.
    • How the classmates got into the fantasy world.
  • Chapter 1:
    • How Hajime was treated by his classmates throughout.
    • The priests going over their world's situation. - This part was briefly covered in Episode 2.
    • The semi-introduction of the royal family (very brief but adds to how even the fantasy characters like Kaori).
    • Classmates' stats and what jobs they were given. The reactions afterward.
    • Hajime studying in the library and monologuing about the demi-humans.
    • Training segments, including more instances of Hajime treatment by his classmates. - Mini-second covered in Episode 2.
    • The Labyrinth entrance, and the first 20 floors (well more so primarily the 20th floor).
    • The fight with the Behemoth. - Briefly covered in Episode 1.
    • More coverage over Hiyama responsible for targeting Hajime; from spying on the Inn discussion to the moment that he takes the shot against him.
    • The post-battle scene, with Kaori in shock and eventually being knocked out by the captain. - This part was covered in Episode 2.
    • The post-labyrinth scene with Hiyama and an unknown person blackmailing him.
  • Chapter 2:
    • Hajime going into detail about how he is leveling up during the floor with the Claw Bear. - Briefly covered in Episode 1.
    • Kaori sleeping while Shizuku trains, then spots Hiyama along the way. - This part was covered in Episode 2.
    • Kaori wakes up and Shizuku comforts her. - This part was covered in Episode 2.
    • Kaori wanting to get stronger to find Hajime with Shizuku helping her. - This part was covered in Episode 2.
    • Kouki and Kaori's friends meet her after she is woken, Hiyama spies but gets spotted and runs off.
  • Chapter 3:
    • Hajime's journey from Bottom of the Labyrinth Floor 1 all the way to the Pandora's Box room. - Briefly covered in Episode 2.
    • Hajime going into more detail about how he's progressing with his level.
    • Hajime's encounter with Yue, naming her. - This part was covered in Episode 2.
    • The Scorpion battle. - This part was covered in Episode 3.
  • Chapter 4:
    • Hajime and Yue have a conversation about the labyrinth and how Hajime ended up meeting her. - This part was covered in Episode 3.
    • The classmates & Captain return to the palace and report the news to the King. - Briefly covered in Episode 2.
    • The reaction over Hajime's fate with the classmates and the palace.
    • The classmates returning to the labyrinth. - This part was briefly covered in Episode 4.
    • The classmates vs Behemoth battle in Floor 65.
    • Hajime and Yue facing the Raptors in the Bottom of the Labyrinth Floor 99. - Briefly covered in Episode 3
    • Hajime and Yue discovering the cause of the Raptors and locate the source. - This part was covered in Episode 3.
    • Hajime and Yue preparing for their venture into Bottom of the Labyrinth Floor 100. - This part was covered in Episode 3.
    • Hajime and Yue vs the Hydra in Bottom of the Labyrinth Floor 100. - This part was covered in Episode 4.
    • The Hoelscher Empire pays a visit to the palace to meet the classmates.
    • The Hoelscher Empire test Kouki's skills.
    • The Hoelscher Empire's Emperor appears, and afterward mocks Kouki's presentation and the palace.
  • Chapter 5:
    • Hajime and Yue find themselves at the main base of operations for the labyrinth.
    • Hajime and Yue explore the surrounding area and discover a coded message that explains the truth of the world.
    • Hajime and Yue gain new skills from the message.
    • Hajime and Yue decide to spend their time living in the base to build up and prepare for the path back to the entrance.
  • The Epilogue of Light Novel 1:
    • The first brief appearance of the Bunny girl.

Cop Craft episode 4 Pretty sinister this week.

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts episode 5 A gruesome gargoyle.

Hakumei and Mikochi episodes 6-12 (Complete. Maximum comfy and a lovely slice of fantasy. I wish I had watched it sooner but it has plenty to offer for fans of more laid back anime.) 3.5/5

Amagi Brilliant Park episodes 1-2 - A fun setup here with a pretty good MC

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! episodes 1-2 - Another fun start

Flying Witch [Rewatch] episodes 1-2 - Revisiting a favourite

Darling in the FranXX ep16 (English Dub)

Feels like we're finally getting some incling about the 'big reveal', but this was a pretty tedious episode otherwise.

Cop Craft ep4

Surely the first five minutes of this one should have been at the end of the previous episode?

A Certain Scientific Accelerator (English Dub) Episode 1

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (English Dub) Episode 2

Cop Craft (English Dub) Episode 2

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 316

Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? (English Dub) Episode 2

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Episode 4
A baddass boss fight.

Cop Craft Episode 4
Quite the sinister outing this week. The whole "Mummy turning out to be a Vampire" though was pretty obvious.

Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? Episode 4
WOW... That was quite the reveal about Nanjo, never saw that coming.

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 5
A ghastly gargoyle.

so far im loving Cop Craft and Astra Lost in Space, probably because they are both types of show we don't get too often.

Sacred beasts is really bland and the MC's have no chemistry

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba ep 17
Zenitsu is brilliant and terrible in turns.

Fruits Basket (2019) ep 17
Uo-chan might be my favourite character. I'm glad she got an extended look rather than it being crammed into one episode.

Ace of the Diamond Act II ep 18
I love this show.

Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note ep 4
Ooh, double-parter! And plenty of Reines. Good stuff.

Still meaning to check out Vinland Saga and need to catch up on Symphogear and Astra.

Ace of Diamond: Act II episode 18 Good behaviour.

Are you Lost? episode 5 A fine meal.

Black Clover episode 94 Passing and power.

Magical Sempai episode 5 Sharktooth scientist and secret compliments.

Hanayamata episode 1

Back