Your viewing journal

Azar

Thousand Master
We Never Learn episode 13 (complete)
Enjoyable but been done to death. I don't think anyone would disagree with that but I'm just not sure why the second series as opposed to others?
The studio responsible aren't responsible for all the others shows? Seems like this is the first thing they've done looking on MAL.

Its more like 1 season split in two anyway. Also, its a Shounen Jump manga and they only covered a third of it so far.

D1tchd1gger

Guild Member
Samurai Champloo eps 15-19
A surprise windfall, a sad backstory 2 parter, the power of words and a new clue.

Fairy Gone eps 9-12 (complete)
Bit of a twist there, although was it good writing or just a cheap distraction to make you think one guy was going to be the bad guy (and he still maybe yet) for it to turn out to be the other? I don't recall even one hint that he might have been planning something. Also what was the point of the attack on the train? He was getting the weapon no matter what and nothing seemed to come of it later. The only thing the story got out of it was to give Marlya a motivation that's been lacking throughout bar the vague notion of finding Varonica (although that didn't turn out too well when she did)
Confusing/lacklustre plot made worse by characters seemingly lacking motivation. Still not sure what the vast majority really want including the MC. It didn't help with all the flashbacks and jumping around the map with all the name and date stamps especially as I wasn't sure what the present date was or the main focus of the events were supposed to be. I suppose the action was fairly cool although the CG for the Fairies was a bit weird, should have just been used on the Artificial Fairies and other man-made machines. Soundtrack was pretty good if maybe the heavy rock stuff was a bit overused.
6/10

TiagoCosta

Magical Girl
Attack on Titan S3P2 [END]

well it's over for now, I didn't enjoy it as much as others but it was still fine. 6/10

Caligula
ep 9-12 [END]

I liked how it start. OP and ED and pretty good. but well........ it's bad, really bad. Dunno if it's the anime adaptation fault or the game fault but dang, it's bad, awful. 2/10 cause I liked the OP and ED song.

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Pokémon Master
Attack on Titan Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 18

Sword Art Online Alicization (English Dub) Episode 22

The Promised Neverland (English Dub) Episode 12 (Complete)

Attack on Titan Season 3 Episode 22 (Complete)
The entirety of Attack on Titan season 3's anime as a whole has been very good. This is the kind of anime I absolutely can't get enough of... from its story twists, truths/secrets being uncovered/revealed, it always left me on the edge of my couch wondering what was coming next and left me with the feeling of wanting more after each episode ends. This season has had everything from its, great art/animation, much loved characters to all of the brilliant fights, etc (minus a few details), which has made this season such a thrilling roller coaster ride to watch from start to finish. I'm really looking forward to the final season. 4/5

Cinderella Nine Episode 11
The Summer Tournament begins. Play Ball!

ActionFaust

Thousand Master
Macross 7 Encore episodes 1-3 [End] - A few extra episodes. Pretty unrelated to the main story. 5/10

Macross Dynamite 7
episodes 1-4 [End] - An OVA series. A more focused (Aside from an unnecessary subplot) story than the main series that brings the Macross 7 era to a decent enough close. 6/10

-Super Dimension Fortress Macross - 8/10
-Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love? - 8/10
-Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Flash Back 2012 - 7/10
-Macross Plus - 8/10
-Macross Plus Movie Edition - 9/10
-Macross 7 - 6/10
-Macross 7: The Galaxy is Calling Me! - 6/10
-Macross 7: Encore - 5/10
-Macross Dynamite 7 - 6/10
Macross Zero
Macross Frontier
Macross Frontier Movie: The False Songstress
Macross Frontier Movie: The Wings of Goodbye
Macross FB7 Galaxy Flow Soul: Listen to My Song!
Macross Delta
Macross Delta Movie: Passionate Walküre

Overall the Macross 7 era sure had it's good moments but it was really bogged down by glacial pacing and annoying characters. Easily the weakest part of the franchise so far. At least I'll be watching Zero and Frontier next season.

Last edited:

HWR

Symphogear
AUKN Staff
Attack on Titan Season 3 2nd Part episode 59 Seeing the ocean as changes begin being put into motion. (Complete. Another very solid season that introduced revelations and world-building that change the dynamics of the story whilst also retaining the dramatics involved with Titan conflicts and survival.) 4/5

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
episode 113 Piggy in a muddle.

Cinderella Nine episode 11 The climactic tournament is underway.

James Glickenhaus’ The Exterminator (Film) Reminiscent of films like Death wish, this is a downbeat and ultra-violent tale of vigilantism with stylish directing and gruesome kills. Recommended for fans of the sub-genre. 3.5/5

Dual Parallel! Trouble Adventures
episodes 11-13 & Final Frontier OVA (Complete. This is reminiscent of combining the Tenchi franchise with NGE and was a decent concept asides from a disliked cliche near the end. The OVA was fun also.) 3.5/5, 3.5/5

Ebiten
episodes 1-10 & OVA (Complete. A lewd comedy series with a dose of parody and bizarre scenarios. I found it all to be a bit mixed in terms of quality but it’s an alright anime overall.) 3/5, 3/5

Adam-M

Thousand Master
Demon Slayer episode 13
The baddies in this still feel like a boss fight from Castlevania or something (duck when he does that then hit him there).

Cinderella Nine episode 11

farzam1999

Straw Hat Pirate
Monday, June 24th to Sunday, June 30th.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Episodes 3-10 [Blu-ray] This got really interesting from episode 4.
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Episode 5 [Netflix]
Miru Tights - Episode 8

DragonBlaze67

Combat Butler
Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 episode 10 (Complete)

WorldEnd: What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?
episodes 1-9

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 10 (Completed)
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts (Japanese audio) - Episode 1

On-Going Simulcasts from Autumn 2018 & Spring 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 13 of 26 (ep 14 this week)
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 13 of 26 up-to-date (ep 14 this week)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 36 of 39 up-to-date (ep 37 this week)
One Punch Man (Season 2) - 11 of 12 up-to-date (ep 12 FINAL this week)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 13 of 26 (ep 14 this week)

Summer 2019 Season - ??? titles:
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 1 of 12 up-to-date

D1tchd1gger

Guild Member
RobiHachi eps 9-12
Probably could have told you ages ago that the place they were going to was going to be a scam, but I did not see the events of the last episode. Nice Independence Day reference.
A fun show for the most part. Didn't really care about the cast much though. Art and animation were fine.
6/10

Attack on Titan
s3 p2 eps 9 & 10 (complete)
The end of Eren father's backstory and planning for the next step. There were a few flashes that Eren saw that weren't fully explained.
Same great action as with Part 1 and we have an answer to the question about the basement. I'm not sure I've fully wrapped my head around that reveal, of all the things I was expecting I didn't expect that, although I'm not sure what I expected really!
8/10

Only 3 more shows to finish the Spring season, but Summer is upon us:
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts ep 1
Looking promising already with a mix of Fairy Gone (what happens to creatures created to win a war afterwards), but seemingly without the convoluted political bit and Dororo/Demon Slayer (one of the aforementioned beasts has to defeat the rest after being betrayed by his best friend who now leads them). I suppose that also sounds similar to Claymore.

ActionFaust

Thousand Master
Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 episode 10 [End] - This really is a good contender for my favourite season of AOT. This series is a great finish to the story set within the walls with great character moments, interesting revelations and amazing action. As sad as I am to see Studio WIT go, it's great for them to end on a high note with their directing and animation. As usual Sawano absolutely delivered with the music and like the story makes several callbacks to iconic tracks from past seasons with ətˈæk 0N tάɪtn <WMId>, Apple Seed and Before Lights Out. This series has always stood out with it's voice acting and the final scene is a great example of that. Let's just give this one a rare 10/10

I do hope the Final Season goes to a good team

K-ON! episodes 9-11

Reactions: HWR

HWR

Symphogear
AUKN Staff
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts episode 1 Quite a lot to take in for a first episode, hopefully it’ll be an interesting watch.

Emblem Take Two
OVAs 1-2 (Complete. A Yakuza themed anime that takes the subject seriously whilst injecting humour and other elements to keep the story entertaining.) 3.5/5

Encouragement of Climb 3rd Season
episodes 1-13 (Complete. Pretty comfy until the second half decided to inject some drama which worked for the most part. Part of me wishes the cast would actually make it to the top of Mount Fuji but that seems to be the endgame for the series.) 3.5/5

Dragon Slayer

Pokémon Master
Prison School (English Dub) Episode 1-12 (Blu-ray) (Complete)
After putting this off for a while, I finally got round to watching this. I have to say that out of all the ecchi shows I have seen/own, this has got to be the most crudest and most violent series I've seen. On the plus side... At least the story scenario is different from the normal High School setting but also interesting, Great characters and the art/animation is very good. Overall this was enjoyable for obvious reasons. 😉😛 4/5

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 1
Promising first episode, it'll be interesting so see how it plays out.

Adam-M

Thousand Master
Attack on Titan episode 59
Really disappointing season and now I just want it to finish so I can move on to something else. It's not just that the season was crap, I find that I've started to care a lot less about the characters. I don't usually give ratings on here but this was a 5/10 for me.

To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts episode 1
Three episode rule on this one. A lot of people are saying how its quite promising and was a good first episode, but it didn't even set the scene properly really. Its another one where it setup this war but didn't do enough with the characters before they're put in danger. We'll give it a chance and see what happens but for now this is a bit crap for me.