Your viewing journal

ActionFaust

Vampire Ninja
Encouragement of Climb Season 3 episodes 9-13 [End] - Another good season. The animation this time was better than previous seasons with some pretty great moments. Episode 2 was especially interesting as it was directed, storyboarded and solo key animated by China who previously worked on Fate/Apocrypha #22, Mob Psycho 100 II #5, #11 and a few episodes of Flip Flappers. So it's surprising how many animators associated with Hakuyu Go and Kiyotaka Oshiyama worked on this series.

Animation aside this series has been great fun as usual and works well as a character driven series. Aoi and Hinata's friendship has been real nice to watch. Would like to see a season 4 sometime. 8/10

Dragon Slayer

Pokémon Master
Attack on Titan Season 3 (English Dub) Episode 17

Sword Art Online Alicization (English Dub) Episode 21

The Promised Neverland (English Dub) Episode 11

Attack on Titan Season 3 Episode 21
Some more interesting details about the founding and the nine titans.

Cinderella Nine Episode 10
First practice match. First Victory and a snooty ace pitcher.

Fairy Gone Episode 12
The fighting concludes and more fatalities.

Midnight Occult Civial Servants Episode 12 (Complete)
I really enjoyed this series. There's really not much to talk about here, it's basically your typical Abe no seimei ancestor story, except this one isn't atrocious. Main story jist is that they do yokai/anothers cases which has been well balanced by seriousness and comedy. Seeing arata learn more and more about his ancestor and meeting the anothers that knew seimei was also pretty interesting. 3.5/5

Shoumetsu Toshi Episode 12 (Complete)
This was an intriguing anime series with its mystery setting. Story wise though, it was standard, but at least the concept made it interesting and the characters are sort of likeable. The art and animation is fairly decent. Overall this was a pretty average show imo. 2.5/5

Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!? Episode 12 (Complete)
Sue me, I'm a man of culture. 😛
A hilariously good clean pervy/ecchi anime about 4 student and 4 teachers falling in love with each other via ending up in random ecchi situations, so of course naturally, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. Art and animation is decent and the characters are all really likeable. Bring on the uncensored version and the OVA. 3.5/5

Adam-M

Thousand Master
Cinderella Nine episode 10

Konasuba Season One (rewatch)

Midnight Occult Civil Servants episode 12 (complete)
I'm not sure why this is getting so much flak but I liked this one. The concept wasn't original but was done well, and the character designs of the anothers were interesting. The world they were in sort of reminded me a bit of The Ancient Magus Bride. I don't think it would work binging it but it was a "case of the week" kind of show not unlike your live action police procedurals - CSI or something wouldn't work binged either. It was light in tone most of the time, but able to be a bit more serious to satisfy the story.
Enjoyed and would like a second season but I don't think it'll happen.

D1tchd1gger

Railgun
Samurai Champloo eps 5-7 (dub)
Interesting collection of episodes. I wonder if the story in ep 5 about a ukiyo-e artist and missing girls has a basis in reality?

Neon Genesis Evangelion eps 1-4 (new dub)

Back to the catch up:
Dororo eps 19-20
A mischievous creature and another distressed person, but not all is as it seems!

WMD

Great Teacher
Golden Time ep 7 and 8
Some complicated feelings going on in this show. Having Banri's pre amnesia self following him around like an invisible ghost is an interesting character device. I'm intrigued to see how the shows gona develop that.

farzam1999

Straw Hat Pirate
Monday, June 17th to Sunday, June 23rd.

Small week for me as I had an oral exam Monday and one Tuesday. Then I had to prepare for the fourth and final one, which was today. Passed all four, so now I'm done with my 2nd semester! Can't watch anything today either, as I'm working tomorrow, they wanted me as a runner for the Foo Fighters concert in my town. Basically just gotta drive crew around and go buy them stuff if they have the need.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - Episodes 1-4 [Netflix]
Miru Tights - Episode 7
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - Episodes 1-2 [Blu-ray]

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
Dororo (Japanese audio) - Episode 24 (Completed)
Fruits Basket 1st Season (Japanese audio) - Episode 12
RobiHachi (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Completed)

On-Going Simulcasts from Autumn 2018 & Winter 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Dororo - 24 of 24 Completed
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 34 of 39 up-to-date
The Rising of the Shield Hero - 23 of 25 up-to-date

Spring 2019 Season - 13 titles:
Attack on Titan (Season 3 Part 2) - 9 of 10 (Final ep this week)
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 12 of 26 (13 this week)
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 12 of 26 (13 this week)
The Helpful Fox Senko-san - 10 of 12 (1 ep behind, Final ep this week)
Isekai Quartet - 11 of 12 (Final ep this week)
Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life (Season 1) - 11 of 13 (1 ep behind, Final ep this week)
One Punch Man (Season 2) - 10 of 12 (11 this week)
RobiHachi - 12 of 12 Completed
Sarazanmai - 11 of 11 Completed
ULTRAMAN - 13 of 13 Completed
We Never Learn: BOKUBEN - 8 of 13 (4 eps behind)
Wise Man's Grandchild - 11 of 12 (Final ep this week)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 12 of 26 (13 this week)

D1tchd1gger

Railgun
O Maidens of the Savage Season ep 1 (raw)
I watched Digi Bro's volume 1 manga review beforehand so I knew the characters and the jist of the story, and understood a little of the Japanese to get some of it. Looks really nice, can't wait to see it with subs.

It's on HoneyWorks official YouTube channel so seems a legit way to watch it.

Last edited:

HWR

Symphogear
AUKN Staff
Dororo episode 24 Party is over. (Complete. Very enjoyable with great brutal action and a likeable core duo. Wouldn’t mind seeing a successor series.) 4/5

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki
episode 12 A shame this is ending but... (Complete. It’s getting a second season and was a fun set of shorts. I’ll certainly tune in for season 2 whenever it’s out.) 3/5

ActionFaust

Vampire Ninja
Neon Genesis Evangelion [Rewatch] episodes 7-12

Attack on Titan Season 3 Part 2 episode 9 - Some very odd music choices lately with them using the instrumental version of Call your name <Gv> for the title drop instead of the song literally called ShingekiNoKyojin. Also cool that we get to see Galliard this early as well as some anime original content.

Dragon Slayer

Pokémon Master
Dororo Episode 24 (Complete)
Dororo is an anime about a child that was born with a terrible curse and his journey to defeat the demons that cursed him. It's a great mix between realism and old japanese folktale, and a great mix between action, drama, and mystery.

Everything this anime does is very well. The animation is smooth, Great sword-fighting actions scenes, and some philosophizing about living a life of violence versus peace make this series cover the gamut of emotions a viewer wants from any series, not just anime. The world is immersive and deep, and while the main character himself can't speak a word it's incredible how much you're able to feel for him and everything he's going through. There's a constant sense of mystery in the air that keeps every episode fresh and with good pacing, and the demons themselves are very creative and make for great fights. Always makes you crave for the next episode and this is something that I really want in any show.

Overall, a very good anime that's a breath of fresh air from your run of the mill action anime thanks to avoiding every cliche that's plagued the last two decades, which is ironic considering the source material was made half a century ago. 4/5

Miru Tights Episode 1-7
Lots of legs and some lewd camera angles.

Yatogame-chan Observation Diary Episode 12 (Complete)
A nice little comfy short with some really likeable fun characters. This may not look like much, but it did give me a good laugh. Art and animation was decent. Looking forward to season 2. 3/5

TiagoCosta

Hunter
Keijo!!!!! ep 10-12

Kinda wish I could get to see some of the pro world stuff, but oh well, it was unique but felt rushed to no end. 5/10

Piano no mori S2
ep 1-6

Last edited:

Adam-M

Thousand Master
Neon Genesis Evangelion (rewatch) episodes 1-9

Attack On Titan episode 58
I've had enough now and its doing my head in. I just want this to finish so we can watch something else.

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki episode 12 (complete)
I really enjoyed this and it makes me want to go back to Nagoya so maybe next year now. There was a lot of pausing to read all the dialogue on the screen but it was interesting, informative and amusing in places. The characters were there to meet a purpose - just to convey the information really. I don't think you were meant to idolise them or fall madly in love. The fact that this was a short helped as I think it made it much more palatable.
I know its not got much love but I liked it and I'm looking forward to the second season. Also I think there's something similar coming up soon set in Gifu so see what happens.

D1tchd1gger

Railgun
Dororo eps 21-24 (complete)
The final push for Hyakkimuru. They almost went the full "ah ha, the guy you've been rooting for is the real demon", but no happy(ish) ending with Tahoumaru suddenly forgiving him because he didn't kill him and then completing the redemption by not killing his father.
Some cool action, interesting characters and storylines. It seemed to drag slightly in the middle, but overall always kept up a good pace.
The art was very good, as was the animation. Maybe took a slight dip overtime, but mostly consistent. I liked the OST as well and both OP/ED 1 (2 weren't as good).
8/10

Yatogame-chan Kansatsu Nikki
ep 12 (complete)
Karaoke!
Interesting and fun show. Maybe a little short sometimes and I had to do some supplementary research on occasion, but that's OK. Art and animation were good.
6/10

WMD

Great Teacher
Golden Time ep 9-12
This show has become far more sophisticated than I expected from the first couple of episodes. The way the amnesia hook is used is very well done, how it makes different characters lie or be truthful at different times and how it's used for character driven story is really great.

NormanicGrav

Yume no Shima Shinen Kōen
AUKN Staff
Isekai Quartet Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episode 12 (Completed)
Kono Oto Tomare! Sounds of Life Season 1 (Japanese audio) - Episode 12
One Punch Man Season 2 (Japanese audio) - Episode 11
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Japanese audio) - Episode 13

On-Going Simulcasts from Autumn 2018 & Winter 2019 Season - 3 titles:
Dororo - 24 of 24 Completed
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 35 of 39 (36 this week)
The Rising of the Shield Hero - 24 of 25 (Final ep this week)

Spring 2019 Season - 13 titles:
Attack on Titan (Season 3 Part 2) - 9 of 10 (Final ep this week)
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 12 of 26 (13 this week)
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 12 of 26 (13 this week)
The Helpful Fox Senko-san - 10 of 12 (1 ep behind, Final ep this week)
Isekai Quartet - 12 of 12 Completed
Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life (Season 1) - 12 of 13 (Final ep this week)
One Punch Man (Season 2) - 11 of 12 up-to-date
RobiHachi - 12 of 12 Completed
Sarazanmai - 11 of 11 Completed
ULTRAMAN - 13 of 13 Completed
We Never Learn: BOKUBEN - 8 of 13 (4 eps behind)
Wise Man's Grandchild - 11 of 12 (Final ep this week)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 13 of 26 up-to-date

Last edited: