Your viewing journal

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (English Dub) Episode 1

Cop Craft (English Dub) Episode 1

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 315

Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? (English Dub) Episode 1

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest Episode 3
Good stuff, despite the horrendous CGI.

Cop Craft Episode 3
Decoy and ambush.

Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? Episode 3
More pervertedness and a catfight.

Teasing Master Takagi-san 2 Episode 3
Cute episode. April Fools, flower viewing and changing the way you address others.

To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts Episode 4
A problem of behemoth proportions.

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Japanese audio) - Episode 17

On-Going Simulcasts from Autumn 2018 & Spring 2019 Season - 4 titles:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - 16 of 26 up-to-date
Fruits Basket 1st Season - 16 of 25 up-to-date
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 37 of 39 up-to-date (ep 38 & 39 delayed to 28th July)
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World - 17 of 26 up-to-date

Summer 2019 Season - 15 titles:
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - 3 of 13 up-to-date
Astra Lost in Space - 3 of 12 up-to-date
Cop Craft - 1 of 12
Demon Lord, Retry? - 3 of 12 up-to-date
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? - 2 of 12 up-to-date
Dr. STONE - 3 of 24 up-to-date
Given - 2 of 11 up-to-date
Hensuki: Are you willing to fall in love with a pervert, as long as she's a cutie? - 1 of 12
How Heavy Are the Dumbbells You Lift? - 3 of 12 up-to-date
If It’s for My Daughter, I’d Even Defeat a Demon Lord - 3 of 12 up-to-date
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? II - 2 of 12 up-to-date
Isekai Cheat Magician - 2 of 12 up-to-date
Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac - 6 of 12 up-to-date (Part 2 scheduled for later)
To the Abandoned Sacred Beasts - 3 of 12 up-to-date
VINLAND SAGA - 3 of 24 up-to-date (ep 4 due 28th July)

Are You Lost? Episode 4
Hunting wild game and laying traps.

Magical Sempai Episode 4
Another helping of non magical antics.

YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World Episode 17
A very solid outing. Those reveals, and that Kanna back story, Geez.

Ace of Diamond: Act II episode 17 Poor Miyuki.

Are you Lost? episode 4 More hunting.

Black Clover episode 93 Oof.

Magical Sempai episode 4 Getting the point.

Girls’ Last Tour episodes 7-12 (Complete. An intriguing blend of comfy and apocalyptic. GLT is a series reliant on its two leads, which makes it all the better that they were easy to root for and had distinct and likeable personalities. I am sort of sad knowing how the manga ends though.) 4/5

Pom Poko
I get the sense of a Japanese version of Watership Down/FernGully, but with 100% more balls 😅 There's also a hint of Animal Farm.
The story meanders a little and with the inevitability of the outcome doesn't really have a good ending, but a lot of it is enjoyable for the comedy element.
The Ghiblicast may have stopped, but it seems these guy kept going:
I thought they had stopped as well, as there was a bit of a gap between shows.

Magical Sempai ep 4
We get the intro of a new character, but maybe a bit late both for the club and for the show itself as it is getting a little repetitive.

Are You Lost? ep 4
It's a trap!

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid eps 7-9
Beach episode, a new character and sports day.

Unbroken
Based on the true story of an Italian-American athlete (Louis Zamperini) who ran in the '36 Olympics, but due to war missed out on the next due for Tokyo.
He then joined the Air Force and crashed on a mission survived at sea and then POW camps till the end of the war.
A lot of it seems to be just a straight retelling of the autobiography of him with some parts more believable than others. The most interesting part is the survival at sea because of the interaction with fellow survivers where as the POW part lacks that and also whilst no doubt the Japanese were cruel and conditions very tough some of the events seem too harsh to have been survivable:
It also doesn't tackle the post war events where, apparently, he suffered PTSD, became an alcoholic and physically abused his wife before becoming a born again Christian dedicated to forgiveness. This probably would have been more interesting than the POW part as they're a dime-a-dozen!
Interesting fact for fans of awesome OP music (Kokkoku and We Sell Tsukumogami) MIYAVI plays the sadistic camp commander.

Fate/Zero eps 11-13 (Season 1, complete)
Almost nothing but exposition and characters talking to one another in these episodes. In the words of another piece of entertainment related to the Holy Grail:
AtRl.gif
Overall an interesting story so far and what little action there has been, has been very good, but for such a simple plot of a Battle Royale using spirits of historical/mythical figures over an object that grants wishes the story hasn't half been dragged out.
7/10

Macross Frontier episodes 21-25 [End] - This is easily the best instalment so far. Pretty much an improvement in every aspect of the past series while also respecting it's history as the 25th anniversary of the franchise with many fun callbacks and references. The music by Yoko Kanno is a clear highlight as well as the insert songs by May'n and Megumi Nakajima. The love triangle is also great with the three main characters getting great development and chemistry that I wouldn't mind the outcome not that it matters anyway since they left that open but I'm fine with that. Carrying over from Zero the CG mecha battles are still fantastic to watch. This series has also provided my favourite scene in the franchise as the final battle ends to the soundtrack of a medley of nearly every song from the past 25 episodes. It really is such a Macross way of ending things. This gets a well deserved 10/10 from me as a great culmination of what I've come to enjoy about this franchise so far.

Should be focusing on the three movies next with Delta coming next season.

-Super Dimension Fortress Macross - 8/10
-Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love? - 8/10
-Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Flash Back 2012 - 7/10
-Macross Plus - 8/10
-Macross Plus Movie Edition - 9/10
-Macross 7 - 6/10
-Macross 7: The Galaxy is Calling Me! - 6/10
-Macross 7: Encore - 5/10
-Macross Dynamite 7 - 6/10
-Macross Zero - 8/10
-Macross Frontier - 10/10
Macross Frontier Movie: The False Songstress
Macross Frontier Movie: The Wings of Goodbye
Macross FB7 Galaxy Flow Soul: Listen to My Song!
Macross Delta
Macross Delta Movie: Passionate Walküre

Girls Last Tour [Rewatch/Dub] episodes 4-6

Haibane Renmei episodes 8-10

Are You Lost? episode 4

Last edited:
Darling in the FranXX ep5-8 (English Dub)

From what everyone’s said about it, I gather the wheels absolutely fell off this one around the two thirds mark, so I don’t know if I’ll bother finishing it. It’s a shame really, despite the Carry On esque premise, it’s a lot more likeable than I’d expected.

Are You Lost? episode 4
Yu-No episode 17
Magical Sempai episode 4
This is another example of "if it wasn't so short I'd've dropped it by now". The fanservice is annoying and it can make me quite uncomfortable sometimes (not sure why).

Ace of the Diamond Act II ep 15-17
Sawamura being awesome is awesome. I want more.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba ep 15-16
The three stooges finally beginning to come together. I don't remember much of the details from the manga, so it's nice to see again.

Lord El-Melloi II's Case Files: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note ep 2-3
I frigging love Fate. And I love El-Melloi. This stuff is just so good.

Symphogear XV ep 1-2
Honestly the first ep was a bit underwhelming but the second began to show that Symphogear charm. Need to watch the third ep already...

Fruits Basket (2019) ep 14-16
Continued brilliance.

Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life ep 13 (complete)
Finally got round to watching the season finale. And it didn't disappoint. Although I was slightly surprised by the abruptness of the ending, I now can't wait until the second season.

I do intend to pick up maybe one or two other shows, but I'm struggling enough as it is to keep up with the like 5 I'm currently watching, soo...

Darling in the FranXX ep5-8 (English Dub)

From what everyone’s said about it, I gather the wheels absolutely fell off this one around the two thirds mark, so I don’t know if I’ll bother finishing it. It’s a shame really, despite the Carry On esque premise, it’s a lot more likeable than I’d expected.
Hmmmm, maybe @Neil.T can sell it to you before you do decide to drop it? 🤔

😊👍

Hmmmm, maybe @Neil.T can sell it to you before you do decide to drop it? 🤔

😊👍
Hmmm, I'm not gonna lie, @Professor Irony: the last two episodes are genuinely a difficult sell. The series takes all the promise that it's built up over its runtime and utterly squanders it, in my view.

I'm currently rewatching the show on Blu-ray at the moment, and I'm into the second half. It sinks into a bit of anime cliché as its explanation of everything that's been happening, but I think it gets away with it. It's the final plot twist where the series breaks away from paying tribute to Evangelion and instead tries to go the Gurren Lagann route that's the decision it never recovers from. Trying to take on that other legendary show at its own game was always going to lead to defeat.

I would honestly recommend finishing watching FRANXX to see where it all goes, and then you can form your own opinion on the whys and wherefores of the creative decisions made.

Evangelion left me in the mood for some big stompy monsters
If you haven't already seen it, SSSS. Gridman is a really good shout for that, too. Some of its setting is a bit convoluted, but...
An excellent series outright, and episode 10 on its own is one of the very best single episodes of anime I have ever watched.

I thought a lot of people watched Gridman? Most people on here anyway. The thing for me with Franxx was that every episode was like a game of seeing what they robbed this week. I know everyone goes straight to eva with the comparisons but there was plenty of Rahxephon in there as well.

The thing for me with Franxx was that every episode was like a game of seeing what they robbed this week. I know everyone goes straight to eva with the comparisons but there was plenty of Rahxephon in there as well.
I always enjoyed seeing what elements of Eva FRANXX would co-opt with each new episode, and I felt it did some really interesting things with them. The RahXephon connection is interesting to hear about, though; I've never seen that series, so I wasn't aware of that.

Gridman was an anime of an existing ip, so I didn't bother. FranXX was an original, albeit borrowing a lot from other shows, which you weren't to know at the start.

The Crunchyroll Awards spoilt the twist so I doubt I'll watch it now!

Back