Your viewing journal

WMD

Dragon Knight
I watched We Without Wings episode 1. It was bad. Very very bad.

Most of the reviews I've seen said it gets a lot better after the first three episodes, but episode 1 was so awful, I don't think I ever want to watch anime again.

What happens in that show? I've seen it before (and did watch it all) but cant remember it at all!

NormanicGrav

Ni-pa!~
AUKN Staff
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba (Japanese audio) - Episode 11

Captaaainuniverse

Time-Traveller
What happens in that show? I've seen it before (and did watch it all) but cant remember it at all!
I can't remember what happened in episode one. there's no coherent plot from what I remember, I may have drank heavily to remove such a thing from memory.
I think I remember a barman and one of his regular customers talking about getting more girls in the bar like they had a plan, but the next episode preview suggested they won't be covered at all

WMD

Dragon Knight
I can't remember what happened in episode one. there's no coherent plot from what I remember, I may have drank heavily to remove such a thing from memory.
I think I remember a barman and one of his regular customers talking about getting more girls in the bar like they had a plan, but the next episode preview suggested they won't be covered at all

Hmmm 🤔 I now both do and dont want to rewatch it...

BlazinWolf

Dandy Guy, in Space
Demon Slayer- Episode 10+11- Great episodes ,episode 11 was particularly hilarious.
Mobile Suit Gundam Iron - Blooded Orphans-episodes 12-18 Pretty interesting so far.

Recently completed series May 13th- June 3rd:
Gundam Seed- Really liked this series alot and found it rather enjoyable to watch 9/10.
Gundam Seed Destiny- Not as strong as Seed, but, I still liked it alot despite its problems(Mainly with some of the characters.) 7.5 /10

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 11 Talking to birbs and an agitated companion.

Fairy Tail: Final Season episode 313 Dragon details.

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN episode 11 The teacher gets maid.

D.Gray-man episodes 1-13, 19-24, 28

Last edited:

Dragon Slayer

Cardcaptor
Chou Kadou Girl 1/6: Amazing Stranger Episode 11
The whole truth can be shockingly surprising.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 11
Chatting up the birds and an extremely skittish companion.

Fairy Tail Episode 313
The dragon queens story.

Joshi Kausei Episode 11
Kotatsu shenanigans.

Mix: Meisei Story Episode 11

Mr. Nobunaga's Young Bride Episode 11 (Uncensored)
Oppai fondling and perverted regrets.

Re:ZERO - Memory Snow OVA

Stop This Sound Episode 11
Good stuff, this is just too good imo.

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN Episode 11
Clumbsy maids and Lots of misunderstandings.

TiagoCosta

Thousand Master
Kono Oto Tomare! ep 11

We Never Learn ep 11

This got so much better since Ogata and Uraka barely appear!! it's like a whole new show with Fumino, Mafuyu and Asumi on the spotlight.

mix ep 11

Another one that got better since the new girl appearance, sometimes you just need that extra spice to make all the intersections start to work. Is it cross game good? hardly, at least so far, by this point cross game had made me literally cry. Is it touch good? dunno, never watched it, I'd like to know myself

Last edited:

D1tchd1gger

The Wildcard
More catch up with more shorts:
Why the Hell Are You Here, Sensei? eps 7-10
2 new sensei, same old hentai set-ups without the pay-off (and massively censored)

Senryu Girl eps 8-11
It's summer so that means Swimsuits, Fireflies, Courage Tests and Fireworks.

Neil.T

Chuunibyou
Tatami Galaxy

Never seen this before though I've already seen Mind Game, Night is Short and Lu Over the Wall. So my expectations were pretty high and I have to say this series never really lived up to those films.
Hmm. That's interesting, I would have put Tatami Galaxy above Yuasa's film work by quite a margin. Even Night is Short never really clicked for me in the same way.
FWIW, I'm with the Prof on this one. I first saw The Tatami Galaxy back in 2013 and found it exceptional. (I still do.)

The next Yuasa thing I saw was Night is Short, and while not up there with Tatami for me, I still enjoyed it.

And then I saw some other examples of Yuasa's work and started to realise that perhaps I'd been rating him a bit too highly. His contribution to the Genius Party short film anthology, Happy Machine, is... perfectly good, I suppose; Lu Over the Wall is fun and charming in parts but falls apart into a bit of a mess late on; I was honestly surprised to be so disappointed by Ping Pong, but I could just never get into any of the characters or their stories...

And then I saw Mind Game. I absolutely hated it. What an awful excuse for a film. That further damaged my overall opinion of Yuasa's complete body of work to date. I'd love it if I enjoyed Ride Your Wave, though. I've got my fingers crossed for that one. 🙂

I watched We Without Wings episode 1. It was bad. Very very bad.

Most of the reviews I've seen said it gets a lot better after the first three episodes, but episode 1 was so awful, I don't think I ever want to watch anime again.
Hmmm 🤔 I now both do and dont want to rewatch it...
Again, FWIW, I think We Without Wings is one of the very worst examples of what anime can sometimes end up as. It's such godawful tripe, with writing that's cackhanded and incoherent at best, and just outright creepy and disturbing at worst.

I gave it 2/10 on MAL, but that was only because I didn't want to trivialise the 1/10 score I gave Urotsukidouji II. That is hands-down the worst anime I have ever seen. Absolute gutter trash.

Last edited:

WMD

Dragon Knight
FWIW, I'm with the Prof on this one. I first saw The Tatami Galaxy back in 2013 and found it exceptional. (I still do.)

The next Yuasa thing I saw was Night is Short, and while not up up there with Tatami for me, I still enjoyed it.

And then I saw some other examples of Yuasa's work and started to realise that perhaps I'd been rating him a bit too highly. His contribution to the Genius Party short film anthology, Happy Machine, is... perfectly good, I suppose; Lu Over the Wall is fun and charming in parts but falls apart into a bit of a mess late on; I was honestly surprised to be so disappointed by Ping Pong, but I could just never get into any of the characters or their stories...

And then I saw Mind Game. I absolutely hated it. What an awful excuse for a film. That further damaged my overall opinion of Yuasa's complete body of work to date. I'd love it if I enjoyed Ride Your Wave, though. I've got my fingers crossed for that one. 🙂

Again, FWIW, I think We Without Wings is one of the very worst examples of what anime can sometimes end up as. It's such godawful tripe, with writing that's cackhanded and incoherent at best, and just outright creepy and disturbing at worst.

I gave it 2/10 on MAL, but that was only because I didn't want to trivialise the 1/10 score I gave Urotsukidouji II. That is hands-down the worst anime I have ever seen. Absolute gutter trash.

Interesting. I wonder if theres a common thread of people liking the first things by him they see by him more.

On we without wings it's odd coz I have it on my shelf but I literally remember nothing about it. Even looking at the back of the dvd I dont remember anything. I may at some point rewatch the 1st ep to see if it sparks anything but I enough new stuff to watch for the time being.

Neil.T

Chuunibyou
On we without wings it's odd coz I have it on my shelf but I literally remember nothing about it
That honestly doesn't surprise me, dude. 😅
I think it has that effect on people who've seen it.

The only good thing is the cast commentary on the episode where the main character needs to find a way to... expel the poison that's infecting his body. Oh dear, oh dear. *facepalm *

One of the VAs, who's watching that scene for the very first time, can only roar with laughter at the sheer pitiful ridiculousness of what he's seeing.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

WMD

Dragon Knight
That honestly doesn't surprise me, dude. 😅
I think it has that effect on people who've seen it.

The only good thing is the cast commentary on the episode where the main character needs to find a way to... expel the poison that's infecting his body. Oh dear, oh dear. *facepalm *

One of the VAs, who's watching that scene for the very first time, can only roar with laughter at the sheer pitiful ridiculousness of what he's seeing.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

Haha that does sound pretty funny. I may then just watch that commentary we no context at some point

NormanicGrav

Ni-pa!~
AUKN Staff
The Helpful Fox Senko-san (Japanese audio) - Episode 10
Sarazanmai (Japanese audio) - Episode 10
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Japanese audio) - Episode 11