Your viewing journal

ActionFaust

Vampire Ninja
Mikagura School Suite episodes 1-3 - This seems like some good dumb fun. The MC is such a good idiot.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 10

Fruits Basket 1st Season episode 10

Isekai Quartet episode 10

ayase

State Alchemist
Attack on Titan Ep. 56 I can finally say it a PHOTOGRAPH and now airships in my medievalish show
I’ve just caught up with AoT, the two societies seem more like pre and post industrial revolution, it never really occurred to me they didn’t have photographs until they started wondering what it was. But yeah, it’s all getting a bit FMA 2003 in here.

thedoctor2016

Diclonius
I’ve read the manga and it’s worse. Just wait till the backstory. FMA 03 I appreciate it’s bizarre parallel world thing. It’s so **** it’s great

I’ve just caught up with AoT, the two societies seem more like pre and post industrial revolution, it never really occurred to me they didn’t have photographs until they started wondering what it was. But yeah, it’s all getting a bit FMA 2003 in here.
Titans held back the advancement of the first society, ironically allowing them to develop anti Titan gear (also the royal family stopped development of anything that would make bypassing the threat too easy) the society grisha’s journals show has been allowed to advance, much like how you pointed out but you’ll probably soon see why their weapons are not advanced like any of their enemies

thedoctor2016

Diclonius
manga spoilers dw it gets a harbor and ruins my immersion when they have guns but lose to sword and VMG the current arc is these two opposing worlds clashing and fails

I’ve read the manga and it’s worse. Just wait till the backstory. FMA 03 I appreciate it’s bizarre parallel world thing. It’s so **** it’s great
Titans held back the advancement of the first society, ironically allowing them to develop anti Titan gear (also the royal family stopped development of anything that would make bypassing the threat too easy) the society grisha’s journals show has been allowed to advance, much like how you pointed out but you’ll probably soon see why their weapons are not advanced like any of their enemies
manga spoilers dw it gets a harbor and ruins my immersion when they have guns but lose to sword and VMG the current arc is these two opposing worlds clashing and fails
We’ll probably need an episode thread for this one, the post credits doesn’t go on for long but shows quite a lot

ayase

State Alchemist
I don't know which spoilers to uncover beyond this one (I'll probably play it safe and say none) since I haven't read the manga and don't want to spoil it. I didn't think it was a bad reveal, I mean we'd long known there was at least one, probably multiple different societies outside the walls; The one Reiner, Berthold et al. come from (and possibly another which Ymir came from, thought that was obviously in the distant past) the whole 1930s Germany allegory did perhaps seem a bit out of nowhere but then it's not a huge leap in logic, since the obviously Germanic setting has been there from the beginning (and while I could still be wrong, I'd kinda been suspecting the Ackermans were a possible stand-in for Jews already). It's also perfectly logical that disconnected societies, like those in the real world, would advance at different rates. And the Titans are obviously a pretty big barrier to contact between peoples.

Autocorrect wants to change "Reiner" to "Weiner", lol.

Professor Irony

Cursed Image
Michiko & Hatchin ep2-4

Man. Having spent a long time telling myself I was wrong about this show and the rest would not be as much of a downer as the first episode, I kind of built up this assumption it was going to be Cowboy Brazilbop for the rest of the duration. What I was not prepared for was the possibility that my first guess might have been the right one.

There is a lot of humour here, but there's also a deep, existential sadness behind it all. This is very much Brazil as it was in City of God - once you scrape back the dancing girls and the sunshine, there are cruel realities at every turn, and this series does not shy away from them.

HWR

Symphogear
AUKN Staff
The Rising of the Shield Hero episode 23 Boats and woes.

Miami Vice: Season Five episodes 15-16, “lost episodes” 18-21 episode 20 was possibly the worst of the series ngl.

Last edited:

ActionFaust

Vampire Ninja
Kizumonogatari Part 1: Tekketsu [Film] - This really was worth the wait. Easily one of Shaft's best works with the usual traits you'd expect as well as absolutely beautiful art direction giving it a style separate from the main series. While this film mainly served as setup for the rest of the trilogy it is still great fun and an essential watch for any Monogatari fan. 9/10

Encouragement of Climb Season 3
episodes 3-4

The Rising of the Shield Hero episode 23

Hugtto! PreCure episodes 5-6

Dragon Slayer

Pokémon Master
Nichijou - My Ordinary Life (English Dub) Episode 1-4
I'm loving this. The antics are so ridiculously stupid and OTT, that makes this so hilariously entertaining.

The Helpful Fox Senko-san (English Dub) Episode 8

The Rising of the Shield Hero (English Dub) Episode 21
A trial with some quite literally shocking truths.

The Helpful Fox Senko-san Episode 10
Snow fun and a seductive Kyubi.

Vatican Miracle Examiner OVA
Recreating a 300 year old recipe.

Wise Man's Granchild Episode 10
Schtroms past is finally revealed.

Arveene

School Idol
Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life ep 10
Nice to see one of the three stooges getting some development.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba ep 9-10
Really pretty animation and a good battle scene, didn't drag on too long or anything.

DragoStark

Kiznaiver
Fairy Tail Ep 141-150
I finally managed to power through finishing this bloody arc. Thank god that's over. It concluded nicely at least.

Ace of the Diamond: Act II Ep 11

One Punch Man S2 Ep 9