Your viewing journal

A Certain Magical Index III episode 26 (Complete. This season was very average overall and felt pretty confusing. It was hard to get into compared to the first two seasons. It had some good fights though they were often let down by the animation not being great. This felt like a flawed adaptation trying to put too much in at times.) 2.5/5

Ao-Chan Can’t Study! episode 1 I have mixed feelings on this. One for the three episode rule. I get major Happosai vibes from the perverse father, and that’s not a good thing.

Fruits Basket (2019) episode 1 I hope this adaptation is good, the episode was a fine start.

Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu episode 1 This seems quirky enough.

JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 5: Golden Wind episode 25 Very spicy.

Senryu Girl episode 1 This seems like it could be a fun little romance series.

Zillion episodes 23-31 and OVA (Complete. An entertaining episodic anime series about a team known as the White Nuts...I chuckle every time, and their efforts to prevent an alien race known as the Nohza’s from invading and conquering Earth.

It’s good fun, only becoming slightly irritating on occasion where a young child character or those damn robots were the focus. The OVA, Burining Bright, was bizarre and I didn’t know what to make of it.) 3.5/5, 2.5/5

Deadpool 2 Super-Duper Cut (Film) Still as fun as it was in the cinema, though Russell is easily the worst part of the film. Can’t say I noticed many of the new scenes. 4/5

Last edited:
Date A Live III (English Dub) Episode 11

Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka (English Dub) Episode 11

A Certain Magical Index III Episode 26 (Complete)
This was a decent season but it was confusing at times with so much going on. The fights were good, just a shame that they where let down by poor animation. Overall it was pretty good for the most part but trying to cram in so much LN content didn't help. 3/5

Ao-chan Can't Study Episode 1
This was looking like a fun show until that lewd father showed up. Honestly though... Why in the hell would any parent want to name their daughter after something like that? Seriously why.

Fruits Basket (2019) Episode 1
Much better adaption this time around than the Studio Deen version. Glad to see this back.

Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu Episode 1
Quirky and decently funny, I'm liking this so far.

Senryu Girl Episode 1
So far so good, I'm going to like this.

Boogiepop and Others episodes 14-18 [End] - This was a much better experience after rewatching the first arc and binging each arc one at a time. Despite my initial problems this series is now up there as a Winter favourite. The atmosphere was so well executed with a great soundtrack and aesthetic. Aoi Yuuki's performance as Boogiepop is also up there as one of her best and provides to be one of the more intriguing protagonists I've seen. Arcs 1 and 2 may have been a little weak but the show ends on a good note with arcs 3 and 4. Overall a great mystery series faulted only by it's initially confusing first arc. 8/10

Senryu Girl episode 1 - This is nice. A good short series to start the season with.

Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu episode 1 - Definitely from the creator of Mitsuboshi Colors. Really good comedy.

Fruits Basket (2019) episode 1 - Looks promising so far.

A Certain Magical Index III episode 26 (complete)
This was a bad season for me and I felt like it was all over the place. I'm guessing the source material fits the different events towards the end in much more coherently. 5/10 for me

Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu episode 1
This looks like it could be fun. Definitely feels like Mitsuboshi Colors

Senryu Girl episode 1
Average but enjoyable. Seeing as its only quite short that might not be a bad thing though.

Fruits Basket episode 1
Better than I expected to be honest but it did feel closer to the manga.

Ao-chan Can't Study episode 1
Er...it was funny until the Dad came in to it and he was a bit uncomfortable. See what happens.

Ultraman episodes 6-13 (complete)
I still think the animation was a bit of a letdown (at least the frame rate) but I'd like another season all the same.

Boogiepop and Others eps 14-18 Overdrive: The King of Distortion arc (complete)
Definitely the best arc. Mind bending in a good way rather than just confusing like the second arc. This might be down to binging vs watching weekly, so might rewatch it all at some point (probably after I've re-subbed to Funi for the dubbed version). Also Boogiepop seems to be in it a lot more than the other arcs.
Overall it was quite interesting, but like I mentioned some of it was frustrating and confusing. For example having 3 or 4 characters with the same long black hair. As this is a light novel adap surely there was a bit less of a constraint on character design and they could have made these girls especially stand apart from each other more.
7/10

A Certain Magical Index III
This season was certainly not 'fine'. It an absolute train wreck of a series. The direction is ridiculously bad, the story is rushed/condensed and the cast of characters is far far too large. JC Staff should be ashamed of this confusing mess. The author can also take some blame neglecting his main characters and introducing vast waves of nothing characters with no motivation or reason for being there. Im done with Index. 4/10

A Certain Magical Index III
This season was certainly not 'fine'. It an absolute train wreck of a series. The direction is ridiculously bad, the story is rushed/condensed and the cast of characters is far far too large. JC Staff should be ashamed of this confusing mess. The author can also take some blame neglecting his main characters and introducing vast waves of nothing characters with no motivation or reason for being there. Im done with Index. 4/10
Perhaps ‘fine’ was me being overly generous. The more I think on the season overall the less I remember enjoying.

Last edited:
Well you guys give me little reason to pick up Magical Index III where I left it off at episode 17 or so. But indeed it was messy to say the least, and far from (like way far) from what the first two seasons offered. Such a shame.

Boogiepop and Others episodes 14-18 [End] - This was a much better experience after rewatching the first arc and binging each arc one at a time. Despite my initial problems this series is now up there as a Winter favourite. The atmosphere was so well executed with a great soundtrack and aesthetic. Aoi Yuuki's performance as Boogiepop is also up there as one of her best and provides to be one of the more intriguing protagonists I've seen. Arcs 1 and 2 may have been a little weak but the show ends on a good note with arcs 3 and 4. Overall a great mystery series faulted only by it's initially confusing first arc. 8/10

Boogiepop and Others - Overall it was quite interesting, but like I mentioned some of it was frustrating and confusing. For example having 3 or 4 characters with the same long black hair. As this is a light novel adap surely there was a bit less of a constraint on character design and they could have made these girls especially stand apart from each other more.
7/10

I just finished the last two episodes of Boogiepop and Others this morning while eating breakfast. I agree with both of you; I enjoyed this series quite a bit, although I do already want to re-watch it again myself to pick up on so much I didn't quite catch the first time through - I had the most trouble keeping track of who's who with their faces in this one, which didn't help. So much of the conversations referred to other characters and I had to really think about who they were talking about much of the time. Still, I'm glad they stuck with realistic hair colors, mostly black, instead of typical anime characters sporting a rainbow of colored hair, as that would not have fit with the story so very well. Maybe I'll take some notes the second time through, or print out a character list with images for each character from a wiki page or something...

Last edited:
Fruits Basket (2019) episode 1- A really great first episode for this reboot, I thought I'd pick it up as I read the start of the manga as a teen and really liked it, and only saw parts of the previous anime but heard this one was more how the mangaka envisioned it. Really loved it and definitely excited for more, Tohru is too cute as well, I'm going to want to protect everyone in this anime at this rate.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba ep 1
Well, dam. I like the manga well enough but I wasn't expecting that level of quality from this. Granted, still the first episode and all, but...

We Never Learn: BokuBen ep 1
Honestly I'm pretty much watching this for Kirisu-sensei :p

I did try Joshi Kausei. Got about 90 seconds in before turning it off. I'd been hoping for something a little more wholesome than that...

We Never Learn ep 1
Seems like fun. A harem very similar to The Quintessential Quintuplets except the girls aren't complete failures just not good at what they want to do at Uni (which is a little weird seeing as they are geniuses in other fields, but was/will be used for humour, which seems a tad smuttier than QQ). The source material came out early than QQ BTW. Nice ED.

Nobunaga-sensei's Younger Bride ep 1
Could be some good fish out of water comedy, but I don't think it was necessary to show naked loli 🙄 Another nice ED though.

Joshi Kausei ep 1
Got about 90 seconds in before turning it off. I'd been hoping for something a little more wholesome than that...
This got me intrigued. Couple of things lead you to think one thing about what the man on the train is looking at, but its not quite as smutty as you think it. Overall this episode is still pretty damn smutty though.
This wasn't on my list, but is only 3 mins. Probably wait till they're finished and binge unless it gets worse from this episode.

Demon Slayer ep 1
Excellent first episode. Pretty dark start to the series. The ED is actually the OP and seems to have a comic relief character in it.

Well, dam. I like the manga well enough
Sounds like I should pick up Dororo.
The premise sounds pretty similar. Well the killing demons part anyway and for similar reasons.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 1 The animation was quite impressive and I’ve heard good things about the manga so I’m hoping to enjoy this.

Fairy Tail: Final Season episode 303 Feels and fatality.

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN episode 1 This series looks like it could be good fun each week.

Ace of Diamond episodes 1-15

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 1 - ufotable delivers. Amazing first episode

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN episode 1 - Pretty good start to discount quintuplets

Endro! (English Dub) Episode 10

Fruits Basket (2019) (English Dub) Episode 1

Chou Kadou Girl 1/6: Amazing Stranger Episode 1
Well, this is clearly going to be the next "I'M YOUR NEW DOLL, SO PLAY WITH ME".

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 1
Studio ufotable has done it again and knocked this right out of the park. Pretty dark stuff right of the bat, but still an excellent first episode.

Fairy Tail Episode 303

Joshi Kausei Episode 1
The yuri is kinda strong with this one. I did actually wonder what the guy on the train really saw, but for it to be that then yeah... that would be embarrassing.

Mix: Meisei Story Episode 1
Hmm... I've got mixed opinions about this and none are positive. One for the three episode rule.

Mr. Nobunaga's Young Bride Episode 1 (Uncensored)
Pretty decent first episode. I'm interested to see where this goes, though the naked loli was unnecessary and a right turn off.

Operation Han-Gyaku-Sei Million Arthur 2nd Season Episode 1

Stop This Sound Episode 1
This seems like it'll be a interesting weekly watch.

We Never Learn: BOKUBEN Episode 1
This looks like a fun weekly watch.

Back