Your viewing journal

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War eps 10-12 (complete)
The finale was a bit of an anticlimax with no confession after the build of the heartwarming fireworks stuff. I hope it means a second season.
Overall a great fun show made better by the side characters. I was avoiding this at first because I find it irritating when characters clearly like each other and don't commit to telling each other, but I guess it's the entire point of this show. Just a shame that we didn't get a pay-off this season.
8/10

Fairy Tail Ep 97-101

Ace of the Diamond: Act II Ep 1
I've been waiting for this! I loved this show so much. Looking forward to another season of baseball tension.

GitS: SAC - Solid State Society (movie)

ZOMBIE LAND SAGA (Japanese audio) - Episode 7

D3V02JhWsAERsgC

D3V02JeWkAI8VX5

D3V02JaW4AA1p1v

D3V02JhW0AAKZg6

D3V1LeWXsAA-iQN

D3V2yDhXkAIjAko

D3V2yDfWAAIbbSH

D3V2yDfX4AYJApG

D3V2yDrWwAIPwaz

Monday April 1 to Friday April 4.

A Certain Magical Index III (English Dub) Episode 23

Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Past (English Dub) (Film) (Blu-ray)

Beyond the Boundary -I'll Be Here- Future (English Dub) (Film) (Blu-ray)

Fairy Tail (English Dub) Episode 299

No Game No Life (English Dub) Episode 1-12 (rewatch) (Blu-ray)
Definitely one of the most entertaining and well-done isekai's out there. It is never in doubt that the protagonists are going to win, but it's always fantastic to see how they're going to do it. Plus some nice ideas about strength, weakness and wisdom to spice up the story. The characters are surprisingly believable and I especially like how broken the two protagonists are when they're apart, because it emphasizes just how important they are to each other. 4/5

No Game No Life ZERO (English Dub) (Film) (Blu-ray)

Well, I finally got round to watching this first time on Blu-ray and I thoroughly enjoyed it a lot. This was a very good film, and a very interesting prequel to the TV series. The film looks great with it's vibrant colours, art and animation style and having a very good story behind it, as well as having a interesting cast of characters. 4/5

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (English Dub) Episode 23

The Quintessential Quintuplets (English Dub) Episode 10

The Rising of the Shield Hero (English Dub) Episode 13

Fight League: Gear Gadget Generators Episode 8

Trinity Seven: Heavens Library & Crimson Lord (Film)
It was a good movie for fans of the series. In typical Trinity Seven fashion, it was full of plot holes and things left unexplained, as well as suffering from a lame plot and script, but that is compensated with beautiful animation, strong action sequences and, well, good, high quality fanservice with badass girls. 3/5

YU-NO: A girl who chants love at the bound of this world Episode 1
Interesting first episode, definitely interested to see where this goes with the story.

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs Episode 9-10 (Uncensored)

Sword Art Online: Alicization episodes 22 - 24 (complete)
I think this would've been quite difficult to watch weekly so I'm glad I left it until it finished. Was very up and down for me and the ending dragged out a bit :confused:
7/10

Mobile Fighter G Gundam - Episodes 9 - 12 (Blu-ray)

Really enjoying watching G Gundam again, I've always thought it was a good looking show but it really looks fantastic on Blu-ray.

ULTRAMAN (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-13 (Complete)

ULTRAMAN was a fun series to watch. The CG is better than expected, especially during the action scenes which is where it shines the most. The human character models are a bit rough but I like the art style. The music is great, worth noting there is no opening and ending song like the other anime released, but it does have a neat song used during the credits.

Here's my backlog thus far:
Autumn 2018:
Goblin Slayer - 12 of 12 Completed
Golden Kamuy (Season 2) - 8 of 12
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 24 of 39 up-to-date
???
Senran Kagura Shinovi Master - 2 of 12
???
Sword Art Online: Alicization (Season 1) - 24 of 24 Completed
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime - 24 of 24 Completed
ZOMBIE LAND SAGA - 7 of 12

Winter 2018:
Boogiepop & Others - 18 of 18 Completed
Domestic Girlfriend - 12 of 12 Completed
Dororo - 12 of 24 up-to-date
Kaguya-sama: Love is War - 12 of 12 Completed
Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka - 12 of 12 Completed
Mob Psycho 100 II - 13 of 13 Completed
The Promised Neverland
- 12 of 12 Completed

The Quintessential Quintuplets - 12 of 12 Completed
The Rising of the Shield Hero - 13 of 25 up-to-date

Spring 2019:
ULTRAMAN - 13 of 13 Completed

Karakuri Circus ep 24
The fight at the hospital concludes, but the arc continues elsewhere.

Boogiepop and Others eps 10-13 (Boogiepop at Dawn arc)
The origin of Nagi becoming a detective and of Boogiepops name. It was much easier to follow than the previous arc as it was a bit more focused and apart from one bit that flashed back without warning was mostly linear. Probably also helped by binging.

Just the final arc of Boogiepop to go for the winter season now.

A Certain Magical Index ep 26
Kinda forgot about this when I declared last season over. Sorry Index!
Well considering this was a season ender it actually... concluded very little. But I guess that's no surprise as the LN moved onto New Testament. I don't have much to say about this episode in particular. Overall the series gets a 6/10. And that's through the rose-tinted glasses of someone who loves the Raildex-verse. It was far too compacted to be a truly good adaptation. At least I'll be able to read the rest of the LNs soon.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind ep 26
I swear the rules governing these Stand abilities are getting less and less clearly defined. A decent ep apart from that though.

Senryuu Girl ep 1
Well, this is clearly going to be the "THESE NERDS ARE TOO ADORABLE" show of the season.

Guy: Double Target - Episodes 1 & 2 [Final]

Everything you'd expect from a schlocky, violent sci-fi OVA from 1990 but I had a good time with it and it was an hours entertainment that I enjoyed.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam - Episodes 13 & 14 (Blu-ray)

Sooo good, I love the sinister undertone to the story.

Fruits Basket (2019) ep 1
Very similar to the first episode of the first adap. except the little scene where a boy with no face gives Tohru a hat (which seems to have a prominent place next to her mums picture, so I guess will be important).
The art is a bit better, although they use the old school style for the slapstick. Yuki definitely seems more handsome rather than effeminate in this one.

Hitoribocchi no Marumaruseikatsu ep 1
Seems like it'll be a fun show. The source material is by the same person who did Mitsuboshi Colors and there's a hint of that humour there. Art wise everything looks good apart from the eyes which have the same weird high placing of the pupils as Chihayafuru.

Back