Your viewing journal

Date A Live S3 ep 12
Well, considering they were adapting an entire volume into a single episode they did a pretty good job. Not much more to say than that; far too compressed of course, but coulda been a lot worse.
Overall, for me personally, this series was an 8/10. I know that objectively it isn't worth that, but I love Date A Live for some reason. And this season adapted some of the best material. The only real problem with it was the art and animation at times sucked, but other than that...

Bermuda Triangle ep 12
A pleasant ending ep that ties everything up nicely, really. There weren't exactly many plot points to do so due to the largely episodic nature of the show, but still.
Overall this gets a 5/10. Nothing wrong with it for sure, but I'm still not entirely sure why I watched it in the first place. Apart from the fact I like mermaids :p. Pleasant enough, but not going to live long in the memory.

SAO: Alicization ep 24
Knowing what happened did kinda take the sting out of this episode, but it remained a competent adaptation. The fact you don't get to listen to the internal monologues of the characters (in contrast to the LNs) always takes a bit away from them I think, but SAO is still SAO. Shallow at times and not known for great writing, but still a fun romp. Overall the series gets a 7/10 from me.

Kaguya-sama ep 12
This last ep kinda felt like it dragged on a bit. All the stuff after the fireworks felt a bit pointless. Oh well.
Overall, an easy 8/10. There were occasional moments when the humour didn't work but for the most part this was a very entertaining and cute show. Makes me want to go and get some of the manga...
Screen Shot 03-31-19 at 02.24 PM.PNG

Endro ep 12
Predictably, a happy ending. Not that anyone expected anything different I think, but it still did a good job. I kinda wanna know what the hell chibi-chan was though :p
Overall gets a 5/10. Was going to be a 4 until the last couple of episodes, where it impressed me significantly.

The Magnificent Kotobuki ep 12
Normally I'd be quite dissatisfied with what kinda felt like a sloppy ending, but for this show and it's themes it felt appropriate. And as a set-piece it was a nice episode for sure.
Overall, 6/10. I loved the character interactions between the team but at times the dogfights could get confusing, limiting the appeal of the action. The story was nice from the point of view of linking all the single episodes together but did feel like it lacked a bit of depth at times.

And with that, the last of the shows I was watching this season end (not counting the 2-cour ones). Looking forward to some new stuff :)

I do agree with that statement, but that's what'll get it another season
...I'd like to think not, but I'm worried you might have a point :confused:

2019-03-31_295.png

Kaguya-sama: Love is War (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-12 (Complete)

Playing catch-up on the simulcasts of the Winter season. Here's my backlog thus far:
Autumn 2018:
Goblin Slayer - 12 of 12 Completed
Golden Kamuy (Season 2) - 4 of 12
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 24 of 39 up-to-date
Senran Kagura Shinovi Master - 2 of 12
Sword Art Online: Alicization (Season 1) - 24 of 24 Completed
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime - 24 of 24 Completed
ZOMBIE LAND SAGA - 6 of 12

Winter 2018:
Boogiepop & Others - 18 of 18 Completed
Domestic Girlfriend - 12 of 12 Completed
Dororo - 12 of 24 up-to-date
Kaguya-sama: Love is War - 12 of 12 Completed
Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka - 12 of 12 Completed
Mob Psycho 100 II - 12 of 13 up-to-date
The Promised Neverland - 12 of 12 Completed

The Quintessential Quintuplets - 12 of 12 Completed
The Rising of the Shield Hero - 12 of 25 up-to-date

First seasonal anime I've finished... Bang Dream Season 2

After watching the first season only last week, going straight onto S2 the CG is kinda.... off. But the show has some really good episodes, great characters and was fun to watch

kinda let down by the lack of Song Subs, while its pretty uncommon for songs to be subbed, there were a few moments (esp in the latter half of the series) that I think would have been better off with subs

Golden Kamuy [Season 2] (Japanese audio) - Episodes 5-8

Winter season is pretty much dealt with, so as you have probably already noticed I'm going back to the Autumn 2018 season since I mostly skipped it (hence why I didn't make an impressions post like with the previous seasons). Here's my backlog thus far:
Autumn 2018:
Golden Kamuy (Season 2) - 8 of 12
???
???

Winter 2018:
Mob Psycho 100 II - 12 of 13 up-to-date
The Promised Neverland - 12 of 12 Completed

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 100 Quite the milestone, shame the episode itself was very average.

The Magnificent Kotobuki episode 12 A worthy climactic dogfight. (Complete. A 3D anime that uses its cgi for great dogfights and a decent enough story and cast. The characters themselves can look a bit iffy at times but the series was still fun light viewing.) 3.5/5

The Pilot’s Love Song episodes 1-13 (Complete. The 13 episode limit often designated to anime can be quite a hindrance. In the case of this series it felt like the start of a bigger story that we’re unlikely to ever see come into fruition.

The build-up and the core relationship between the two leads ran some interesting parallels and was fairly well-told, albeit heavy on flashbacks and felt predictable in its progression. The MC getting beaten up by someone who suffered due to his family’s reign was excessive though intriguing and highlighted the cycle of hatred presented in the central conflict.

The aerial action and supporting cast, meanwhile, provided a relatively unremarkable backdrop to an anime that had some good potential and ideas but sadly didn’t utilise them effectively.) 3/5

Last edited:
Boogiepop and Others episodes 1-3 - Restarting this now the series has finished. After being confused by this arc on the first watch it's become much more enjoyable on a rewatch. Hopefully the other arcs will be easier to follow.

Screenshot_20190401-002007_Crunchyroll.jpg

The Woman Called Fujiko Mine ep7-8 (rewatch)

Ep7 seems to be widely regarded as the lowest point in the series - not so much that it's actively bad, it's just a bit dull and inconsequential, outwith a small development for Fujiko's relationship with Goemon. It's a shame, I do like the conceit of placing Fujiko in the midst of real world events, but for all the posturing about the doomsday clock, and time-shuffling narrative devices, it's weirdly lacking in tension. It does interest me that we get a more sympathetic portrayal of her here, sandwiched between two rather darker iterations in 6 and 8, however.

Quintessential Quintuplets ep1-2

This is fine, but I don't know if it's really for me - it just kind of makes me miss GTO. The pout game is strong though.

Amagi Brilliant Park ep1-3

It's possibly a bit over sentimental, but this is very watchable - been in the mood for something relatively lightweight and I think this is probably it. My only complaint is that I could have done without the inclusion of the very young looking princess character in the already rather sleazy swimsuit promo video. It's more uncomfortable by implication than it is by anything the show actually does, but I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

Sword Art Online Alicization (English Dub) Episode 7-8

Strike the Blood III Episode 3-4

The Magnificent Kotobuki Episode 12 (Complete)
Really good final episode. Those aerial chase reminded me of the aerial missions from the Medal of Honor games.
This was a very good 3D anime series with it's high flying aerial dogfights. The characters are likeable, and I really liked the interactions between the teams members. As for the aerial dogfights, they where visually great to watch especially in this final episode, despite it all being in CGI. Overall it had a nice story, but I do fell as though it was lacking in places from time-to-time. 3.5/5

Sword Art Online: Alicization episodes 2-12
Part of the reason I held off watching this weekly was because I know there's very little on at the end of a season for a bit and I can catch up then easily enough. The thing is, I think I would've enjoyed this a lot less on a weekly basis.

Mob Psycho 100 II (Japanese audio) - Episode 13 (Complete)
ULTRAMAN (Japanese audio) - Episode 1

Winter season officially done. Spring season has begun, starting with Production I.G x SOLA DIGITAL ARTS' Ultraman anime series now on Netflix. Here's my backlog thus far:
Autumn 2018:
Golden Kamuy (Season 2) - 8 of 12
???
???

Winter 2018:
Mob Psycho 100 II - 13 of 13 Completed
The Promised Neverland
- 12 of 12 Completed

Spring 2019:
ULTRAMAN - 1 of 13

Strike the Blood III Ep 3-4

This really went places...

Index III Ep 25

PERSONA5 the Animation ep 12
Black Clover ep 76
Bloom Into You ep 3-4

Last edited:
Mob Psycho 100 II episode 13 A defeat and a more subdued ending. (Complete. A strong second season that improved on an already enjoyable series. Easily one of, if not the best anime this season.) 4/5

Pop Team Epic Special “You all know this is the dumbest anime of all time”. At least they’re self aware. This was more hit than miss when compared to the rest of the series, but still only funny on occasion. 3/5

Vandread: The Second Stage episodes 14-26 (Complete. A step up from the average doldrums of the first season. TSS is more focused, makes better use of its established characters and the CGI looks slightly better. All in all a good watch.) 3.5/5

Amagi Brilliant Park ep4-5

I think the treasure hunting episode has been the highlight of the show so far, some really nice animation work going on. Even if it's not up there with the likes of Hyouka, KyoAni's production really lifts the series up.

Mob Psycho 100 II ep13 [End]

That was a nice ending, but kind of a polite bow rather than anything earth shattering. It's been a good series though, Bones really brought their A-game.

Boogiepop and Others episodes 4-9 - A very interesting arc that kinda dragged on for too long.

Mob Psycho 100 II episode 13 [End] - Aside from my issues with how they structured episodes 8-9 this has been another fantastic series. The biggest highlights have been episodes 5 and 11 for having some of the greatest animation work I've seen. This really has been a special series in both story and production and I can't wait for a 3rd season. 9/10

Ultraman episodes 1-2
I thought this was a bit meh, but it's the animation style that bothers me more than anything with it being about 2 fps. The thing is the same studios are down as working on the next Ghost in The Shell series which is worrying.

SAO: Alicization episodes 13-14

Endro~! ep 12 (complete)
The power of friendship and a weird creature that can eat concepts!? wins the day. Quite a nice finale.
Overall it was a fun show with a few good laughs and some good action. The characters were likeable, especially Mao-chan, but whilst the plot was interesting I don't think it was used to its full potential. Mao-chan trys to foil the heroes progress in amusing ways in the first 4 or so episodes, but then she mostly goes missing only appearing a little bit or not at all until the last 2. Some were OK, but others lacked that something.
Art wise I really liked the character designs and the animation was good.
7/10

Domestic Girlfriend ep 12 (complete)
Felt a bit sad for the characters, but that's what happens when you play with fire. Natsuo used it to his advantage though and then the show just ended with no particular conclusion! Just more intrigue.
Overall it was an OK show with an interesting premise, but felt a bit rushed especially with the turn in Natsuo and Nina's relationship. She was steadfast in keeping him at arms length then suddenly switched, putting her job and family at risk! Manga readers on MAL say a lot of character progression was cut and you can tell especially with the side characters.
6/10

Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka ep 12 (complete)
What an odd finale just hints of stuff with bizarre interludes of torture and sex! I guess it sort of sets up a "to be continued..." but I'm not sure it will.
And then it goes and shows Queen in bed with scissors magical girl. For some reason.
I thought was a hint that the Queen was Francine, the sixth girl (who I don't remember being mentioned before now as it was the magical 5 who won the battle) in the flashback (although thinking about it this was before that battle, I guess she "died" in the battle. Again can't remember) who sounded like a nypho-lesbian when suggesting her and Narumi lock themselves in a room for 3 days! Also Mia makes a lewd remark and says "I was talking like Francine".
Overall some good action and I liked the SOL stuff at the start with Asuka trying to have a normal life. The main plot seemed a bit messy to me.
The character designs reminded me of a mid 00s show with the band of light in the hair. The magical girl outfits were pretty good, but again most of them had the melon boobs which were off putting.
6/10

Ace of Diamond Act II ep 1

it's here! the new season..

Black Clover ep 77
Attack on Titan: Lost Girls ep 2-3 [END]

Annie eps are really good, like 8/9 to me, Mikasa ep is mediocre at best. 6/10 overall.

Last edited:
Back