Your viewing journal

D1tchd1gger

The Wildcard
Magical Girl Spec Ops Asuka ep 7
Seems like the threat level has been raised. Next episode seems to be a bit raunchy though.

The Magnificent KOTOBUKI eps 5-6
I haven't a clue what was happening in 5. Too many characters talking too quickly and with long sentences makes the text too hard to follow. The second half was easier though with the flying/combat.
6 was nice following only one character and her backstory. They should have done this earlier as there's 6 main crew and they were all introduced at once and thus I'm still not sure who is who half the time!

SAO: Alicization eps 18.5 & 19
The recap was fine apart from missing out the real world stuff and showing most of that scene again!
19 showed the power of love and the power of seduction.

Katana Maidens ~ Mini Toji ep 7
The power of natto and tofu?

Endro~! Ep 7
Getting to know you.

NormanicGrav

The Quintessential Pouts
AUKN Staff
Banana Fish (Japanese audio) - Episodes 14-19
Boogiepop and Others (Japanese audio) - Episodes 4-9
SENRAN KAGURA SHINOVI MASTER (Japanese audio) - Uncensored Episodes 1-2
Sword Art Online -Alicization- (Japanese audio) - Episode 19

Making an attempt to catch up once again. Banana Fish I decided to focus on first from the previous seasons since I'm quite invested in the story, characters and the OP/ED songs. There's about five episodes left so I'll likely finish it before the weekend ends.

Boogiepop and Others I intentionally held off until now due to the pacing and watching all of the VS Imaginator arc episodes in one sitting does help quite a bit. I don't know when I'll watch the next arc which was just added today.

I also started Senran Kagura Shinovi Master, was going to start more shows but Crunchyroll kept crashing.

Current status of the streaming backlog:

Summer to Autumn 2018:
Banana Fish - 19 of 24

Autumn 2018:
Goblin Slayer - Completed
Golden Kamuy (Season 2) - Not Yet Started
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai - Not Yet Started
Senran Kagura Shinovi Master - 2 of 12
SSSS.GRIDMAN - Not Yet Started
ZOMBIE LAND SAGA - 3 of 12

Autumn to Winter 2019:
Sword Art Online: Alicization (Season 1) - 19 of 24 [UTD]
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime - 4 of 25

Autumn to Spring 2019:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 20 of 39 [UTD]

Winter 2019:
Boogiepop & Others - 9 of 18
Kaguya-sama: Love is War - Not Yet Started
Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka - 6 of 12
Mob Psycho 100 II - 7 of 13 [UTD]
The Promised Neverland - 7 of 12 [UTD]
The Quintessential Quintuplets - 7 of 12 [UTD]

Winter to Spring 2019:
Dororo - 7 of 24 [UTD]
The Rising of the Shield Hero - 7 of 25 [UTD]

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Bermuda Triangle: Colourful Pastrale episode 7 A snooty idol learns a lesson.

Boogiepop and Others episodes 10-13 A very decent arc.

ENDRO! episode 7 The princess has some fun.

Fairy Tail: Final Season episode 297 Felt like a bit of repeat this week tbh.

Grimms Notes: The Animation episode 7 Backstabbing (back spelling?) and another happy ending.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War episode 7 A humorous duo of stories this week.

Radiant episode 21 (Complete. A series which had potential but unfortunately had it weighed down by pointless filler and less meaningful characterisation than the manga.

When the series was good it was very enjoyable, but the studio who animated it just made numerous decisions which left it lacking in places. It is getting a second season though, so hopefully it can improve upon the flaws this season had.) 3/5

The ‘Burbs (Film) This was a lot of fun. Joe Dante is a very talented director and he really makes the most of a great cast, which included Tom Hanks, Bruce Dern and Corey Feldman. I could listen to Hanks make angry speeches all day. 4/5

Dragon Slayer

Mad Scientist
Endro! (English Dub) Episode 4

Radiant (English Dub) Episode 17

Bermuda Triangle: Colorful Pastrale Episode 7
A lesson for a snooty Idol.

Endro! Episode 7
Spending time together and getting to know you better.

Grimms Notes The Animation Episode 7
A misunderstood betrayal and another happily ever after.

Kaguya-Sama: Love is War Episode 7
Another round relationship advise. Some well deserved punishment for Ishigami. Bruh that final segment tho... ROLF. 😂😂😂

Katana Maidens: Mini Toji Episode 7

Radiant Episode 21 (Complete)
As one adventure ends a new adventure begins.

A series that has plenty of potential but unfortunately got itself dragged down by unnecessary filler and characterisation of less important characters. Hopefully with the announced second season it will correct the mistakes that this season made and improve upon them. 3/5

Sword Art Online Alicization Episode 19
The bonds between family members can never be broken. The seduction of a woman can be scary at times.

W'z Episode 8

Arveene

School Idol
The Quintessential Quintuplets ep 7
I loved this ep, it was one of my favourite sections of the manga so far and they adapted it well.

SAO: Alicization ep 19
I'm kinda impressed by how well the art communicated the idea that Administrator is meant to be an unearthly beauty. I mean, you rarely see anime characters intentionally designed to look ugly so by default they all end up being "attractive". Despite that, I feel like they made her stand out. Although that might just be because having read the LNs I was already expecting it and it clouded my perspective... Also, as much as I complain about how SAO ruins all it's heroines by having them immediately mellow upon falling for Kirito, I did appreciate Alice's badassness here. Even if her motivations and alignment changed far too easily.

Shield Hero ep 7
Ah yes, the beginning of the "Cleaning up after the other Heroes" sections. They should be decent enough. Also I'm pretty sure the second half was a side story that I didn't bother to read at the end of one of the volumes... ehh, kinda cute I guess.

Date A Live ep 7
Holy animation quality drop batman. Not that it was particularly high before. Pity because this is a darn good arc. Yay Kurumi!

The fact I prioritized watching these 4 shows when I have like every show this week to watch, despite having read the source material for all 4 of them shows how excellent my taste is, right? :p

NormanicGrav

The Quintessential Pouts
AUKN Staff
Banana Fish (Japanese audio) - Episodes 20-22
Kaguya-sama: Love is War (Japanese audio) - Episodes 1-2

Current status of the streaming backlog:

Summer to Autumn 2018:
Banana Fish - 22 of 24

Autumn 2018:
Goblin Slayer - Completed
Golden Kamuy (Season 2) - Not Yet Started
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai - Not Yet Started
Senran Kagura Shinovi Master - 2 of 12
SSSS.GRIDMAN - Not Yet Started
ZOMBIE LAND SAGA - 3 of 12

Autumn to Winter 2019:
Sword Art Online: Alicization (Season 1) - 19 of 24 [UTD]
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime - 4 of 25

Autumn to Spring 2019:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - 20 of 39 [UTD]

Winter 2019:
Boogiepop & Others - 9 of 18
Kaguya-sama: Love is War - 2 of 12
Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka - 6 of 12
Mob Psycho 100 II - 7 of 13 [UTD]
The Promised Neverland - 7 of 12 [UTD]
The Quintessential Quintuplets - 7 of 12 [UTD]

Winter to Spring 2019:
Dororo - 7 of 24 [UTD]
The Rising of the Shield Hero - 7 of 25 [UTD]

Dragon Slayer

Mad Scientist
Megalo Box (English Dub) Episode 9

Sword Art Online Alicization (English Dub) Episode 3

Boogiepop and Others Episode 10-13
This was definitely a decent and very intriguing arc.

Fairy Tail Episode 297

gen:LOCK Episode 6
Another solid episode.

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno Episode 8
More classroom shenanigans.

Mysteria Friends Episode 6
Beach side fun.
image.jpg

The Magnificent Kotobuki Episode 7
KABOOOM!

Arveene

School Idol
A Certain Magical Index ep 20
Now this was a good ep. Really nice to see Accelerator vs. Touma round 2, as I always felt that just sorta... ended inconclusively previously. Sure, Touma won, but neither side really seemed to get anything out of it somehow. Also, Misaka's getting back in the action!
Screen Shot 02-24-19 at 04.39 PM.PNG

Wataten ep 7
Not a great ep. The first section was pretty cute, but the second section was... yeah. Third section was a bit meh too. On the plus side, I do quite like Miyako and Hinata's mum.
...that sounded weird.
Screen Shot 02-24-19 at 05.07 PM.PNG

Kemurikusa ep 7
Another good episode. Nice use of the OST, and the mystery is beginning to unfold. I am kinda wondering when bad things are going to start happening. I'm expecting Ritsu not to last the series if nothing else, and wouldn't be surprised if it was only Rin and Wakaba at the end.

Girly Air Force ep 7
They kinda managed to drag this episode out didn't they? It didn't occur to me until I thought back on it, as my initial impression was quite positive. But just now I realised how little actually happened. I am curious about that extra Daughter though, as she isn't in the OP/ED. I hope it wasn't just a throwaway scene. Also, Minghua will be finding out the nature of Kei's job next week methinks...

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind ep 20
Well, that was an ep! Much better than the last couple. Really curious to see where it goes from here, because it feels like the story's over but there's still like half the episodes left...

Spec-Ops Asuka ep 7
Bit of a bridging ep, this one. Again. It introduced Tamara at least. And by the looks of the PV, next ep'll be bridging too. Sigh...Was the photo at the end the last of the Magical 5? The hair and expression were quite different, but I can't think of any other likely candidates.

Endro ep 7
Screen Shot 02-24-19 at 09.29 PM.PNG

Bermuda Triangle ep 7
Definitely episodic now. But not giving characters episodes in turn as I expected. Solid one, if nothing remarkable.

The Magnificent Kotobuki ep 7
Still really enjoying this. It's doing a pretty solid job of mixing the character arcs and backstory into the proper story too, which is always a plus. And it's nice that there haven't really been any throwaway characters - I expected the two survivors from that other Corps from the first episode to be completely forgotten, but they keep coming back in meaningful ways.

Manaria Friends ep 6
Why am I still watching this?

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations episode 95
1551011912059.jpeg
Man have I missed Kakashi in this series.

How Clumsy you are, Miss Ueno episode 8 Sleep talk and sister talk.

Mysteria Friends episode 6 Beach episode with some nice scenery and typical fanservice.

The Magnificent Kotobuki episode 7 A challenging dogfight.

The Founder (Film) The story of how McDonald’s went from a small chain of restaurants to the fast food giant it is today. Michael Keaton puts in a seminal performance as Ray Kroc, and the supporting cast are very good as well.

It’s a film that doesn’t necessarily glorify the rise of McDonald’s as it acts as a sort of dark advertisement, showcasing Kroc’s relationship with the McDonald’s brothers and the problems it had throughout. It was an overall engaging watch, though I’m not sure how much rewatchability it has. 4/5

Spotlight (Film) More Michael Keaton, though this time as part of an ensemble. A very effective thriller drama about the journalists working for the Boston Globe who exposed historic child molestation crimes by Roman Catholic Priests. It’s effective in how smoothly the film flows throughout, and the cast are on top form. This was well deserving of a best picture award. 4/5

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
Bruno’s Bizarre Adventure: ep19-20

The battle with Vanilla Ice was pretty great, but what the heck ever happened to Jotaro and Koichi? I distinctly remember something about them shadowing Giorno, about a thousand years ago...

NormanicGrav

The Quintessential Pouts
AUKN Staff
Drawer Hobs (Japanese audio) - Film
Kick Heart (Japanese audio) - Film
Li'l Spider Girl (Japanese audio) - Film
Oval x Over (Japanese audio) - Film
Pigtails (Japanese audio) - Film