Your viewing journal

qaiz

Pokémon Master
I've always really wanted to check JoJo's Bizarre Adventure out but always felt overwhelmed somewhat in regards to where to start. I'll get around to it at one point, looks fun.

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
qaiz said:
I've always really wanted to check JoJo's Bizarre Adventure out but felts overwhelmed in regards to where to begin. I'll get around to it at one point, looks fun.

Start with the 2012 series, It adapts the first two parts of the Manga. After that, it's Stardust Crusaders Seasons 1 and 2, which adapts Part 3 of the Manga, followed by the currently airing Part 4 adaptation, Diamond is Unbreakable. It's all on Crunchyroll if that's your thing. There is a cheap and cheerful DVD release of the 2012 series, although the image quality isn't very good and it has dubtitles, which is pretty much a deal breaker considering the japanese voice acting is fantastic. If you have the money, the Japanese blu rays for the 2012 series have English subtitles, though it's broken into about 8 volumes, so it's a little pricey. Viz Media are bringing out the 2012 series and both seasons of Stardust Crusaders on Blu Ray in the near future, which should fix the issues of the poor DVD, so, if you don't stream, that would be your best bet.

qaiz

Pokémon Master
IncendiaryLemon said:
Start with the 2012 series, It adapts the first two parts of the Manga. After that, it's Stardust Crusaders Seasons 1 and 2, which adapts Part 3 of the Manga, followed by the currently airing Part 4 adaptation, Diamond is Unbreakable. It's all on Crunchyroll if that's your thing. There is a cheap and cheerful DVD release of the 2012 series, although the image quality isn't very good and it has dubtitles, which is pretty much a deal breaker considering the japanese voice acting is fantastic. If you have the money, the Japanese blu rays for the 2012 series have English subtitles, though it's broken into about 8 volumes, so it's a little pricey. Viz Media are bringing out the 2012 series and both seasons of Stardust Crusaders on Blu Ray in the near future, which should fix the issues of the poor DVD, so, if you don't stream, that would be your best bet.

Thanks for the detailed reply, I really appreciate it. My brother is a fan of the series and has urged me to check it out for some time and it's always looked like something that I'd enjoy. I'm still watching Utena and Rakugo but once I'm done with those two I'll assess my backlog and see where everything falls. I'm not a streaming person and don't have a Crunchyroll account but its nice to know that it's all there for me as an option, I think that I'll pass on the DVD set but the import friendly Japanese sets look enticing. I also want to pick up the manga at some point, every time I walk past a volume I can't help but pick it up and gawk at the nice art. Thanks again.

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
qaiz said:
IncendiaryLemon said:

Thanks for the detailed reply, I really appreciate it. My brother is a fan of the series and has urged me to check it out for some time and it's always looked like something that I'd enjoy. I'm still watching Utena and Rakugo but once I'm done with those two I'll assess my backlog and see where everything falls. I'm not a streaming person and don't have a Crunchyroll account but its nice to know that it's all there for me as an option, I think that I'll pass on the DVD set but the import friendly Japanese sets look enticing. I also want to pick up the manga at some point, every time I walk past a volume I can't help but pick it up and gawk at the nice art. Thanks again.

No problem. In terms of physical media, you will be waiting a while after 2012, I don't think a date has even been set for the US sets of Stardust Crusaders onwards, so I think Crunchyroll would be the best option. If you haven't used it already, you can get a free month, which, depending on how much time you set aside for anime per day, would probably be enough time to get through Stardust Crusaders.

qaiz

Pokémon Master
IncendiaryLemon said:
No problem. In terms of physical media, you will be waiting a while after 2012, I don't think a date has even been set for the US sets of Stardust Crusaders onwards, so I think Crunchyroll would be the best option. If you haven't used it already, you can get a free month, which, depending on how much time you set aside for anime per day, would probably be enough time to get through Stardust Crusaders.
Thanks for the tip, depending on the show I can blow through an entire cour in a single sitting or a few episodes every day or two, a month should be more than enough to gauge my interest however.

NormanicGrav

ヽ(⌐■_■)ノ♪♬
AUKN Staff
Tuesday 2nd August:
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable (Japanese audio) - Episode 18

Wednesday 3rd August:
Mob Psycho 100 (Japanese audio) - Episodes 3-4

Thursday 4th August:
Alderamin on the Sky (Japanese audio) - Episode 4

Friday 5th August:
Berserk: Tower of Conviction (Japanese audio) - Episode 6
Amanchu! (Japanese audio) - Episode 5
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable (Japanese audio) - Episode 19

Professor Irony

CYBER FUNKER
Diamond is Unbreakable ep19

Perhaps there was more left than I thought before the story goes full Kira. Didn't manage to screencap it, but the whisky being "Joseph Daniels" was a nice touch.

Berserk (2016) ep6

Me a few weeks ago: "I wonder if they're going to keep the satanic orgy?"

Me today: "welp".

Last edited by a moderator:

Orgun

Dragon Knight
Didn't realise there was a back up forum since the site went down.

Since then I have watched:

Brave of Sun Fighbird - Episode 48 [Final]

Not the best of the Brave series, but it was enjoyable nonetheless.

RS Project

Interesting mecha one-off that uses nearly every trope in the book.

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 - Episode 16

This weekend I plan to start a rewatch of Galactic Drifter Vifam and I want to start Thunderbolt Fantasy soon as well.

BanzaiJedi

Pokémon Master
Mobile Suit Gundam ep 8-9. The way this series keeps lecturing the viewer on how to be a good member of (70's japanese) society is starting to wear thin now. On the plus side, it does show a balanced view of war where the soldiers on both sides are not all that different from each other, along with how civilians feel when they are caught in the middle of it all.

Professor Irony said:
Haven't watched enough of the original to comment personally, but I've oft heard it said that Seed is a loose remake of MSG.
Huh, I can certainly see why that would be said. Thanks Prof.

black1blade

Thousand Master
From what I've heard the 0079 tv series is quite a tedious watch and the movie are better. I mean a lot of the societal commentary is how the young people are being exploited by the generation that was there age during the war.

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
Monster Musume-Episodes 1 and 2

After hearing all about Monster Girls from Joshawott, I finally checked out this show. I'm not normally a big ecchi fan, at least not when it's the prime focus of a show, like the abomination that is Bladedance of the Elementalers, but this is surprisingly hilarious. Sure, it's pretty in your face with the sex stuff, but it definitely feels like it's in service to some really great comedy moments rather than just for mindless titillation. I will certainly keep watching. Also, if anyone's curious, I'm currently torn between Miia and Papi.

Love Live! Sunshine!!-Episode 6

Ugh, they're doing the school is closing thing again. I was really hope they at least wouldn't recycle that, but I don't know who I was kidding. Still, an entertaining episode, even if this show is incredibly derivative. The song at the end was pretty good too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Buzzkillington

Za Warudo
91 Days - Episodes 4 & 5 - Still enjoying this a lot. I can't help but think that the person who sent him the letter with the names on it is actually going to be the 4th person in the end. Too obvious?