Your Top Most Wanted UK Anime Licenses? 2015 Edition

Agent-347

Student Council President
Welcome to 2015!

May our anime UK distributing overlords be bringing us your favourite and most wanted titles! And how better to nudge them a bit by doing a public poll?

This essentially is a follow-up on Reevothemusefan's previous "Your Top 5 Most Wanted UK Anime Licenses? topic.
Big difference is that I break up the poll after my criticism about the handiness of the poll for anime distributors, on top of the fairness towards certain fans.

Categories
There are 6 categories you can vote in, you aren't obligated to vote in each category. Nor are you obligated to vote for every category all at once.

The categories you can vote in are:
◄ Series that have not been dubbed (yet) : For any anime series that don't have a dub as of yet.
◄ Series that have been dubbed : For any anime series that have a dub.
◄ Movies : For any anime movies.
◄ Upgrades to Blu-ray : For any available UK DVD releases you want to see upgraded to Blu-ray.
◄ Re-releases : For any previously available UK release you want to see return.
◄ Overall : This is pretty much what you had to do in Reevo's version of the poll the previous years, mixing all the above into one.

Dub and sub split?
I realize it - especially for sub-fans - might be a bit annoying to have to check whether there is or will be a dub of a certain title.
But for UK distributors it's often a big decisional factor whether a title is or is going to get dubbed.
So just do a quick check on http://myanimelist.net for any older anime-titles, if there's an English cast listed it means there's a dub.
In the case of scheduled titles you should easily find the information of whether there'll be a dub by checking Rightstuf or UP1.

For all releases that haven't been scheduled yet and barring a few exceptions found in the international news thread we'll assume the anime titles belong in the "series that have not been dubbed (yet)" category, as like Toradora and Chunibyou at this point last year.

Mind that the dub/sub split is only in tact for the anime series categories and are not split for the other categories.

Rules
◄ All votes are casted towards continuous franchises: This means you don't split eg. Clannad and Clannad After Story that follow-up on each other, but you do split the several Yu-Gi-Oh iterations with differing casts.
Warning: A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun are considered ONE franchise in this poll.

◄ You are not obligated to vote in all categories: So don't force yourself into finding titles, you're always allowed to check what others vote on and cast votes in some categories nearer the end of the poll.
Also, for eg. -Danielle- who still buys only DVD you are not obligated to vote for Blu-ray upgrades at all. You are allowed to though.

Also, note that you can always check what people voted on the previous editions by Reevothemusefan for some inspiration.
For previous editions: 2014 Edition | 2013 Edition | 2011 Edition

◄ Use the English title of the franchise/show/movie: Please, even though some titles are silly it's handier to tally votes if everybody says "When They Cry", and not some "Higurashi" and others "When They Cry".

◄ You're allowed to mention formats: If you want a specific release (or all) to be released on a specific format (eg. Blu-ray), you can (and please) add that next to your vote inbetween brackets, eg. "[BLU-RAY]".

◄ When not casting 10 votes: If you decide to vote in a category but only vote for less than 10 anime you are responsible to pick how much points you cast with your vote.
You need to add an order and points to your votes for your votes to count fairly towards your own opinion. I know this is tough for some, but if you really don't know you just randomly attach anime to certain amount of points.
Eg. You only want a Blu-ray re-release of Ergo Proxy and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha you can very well give Ergo Proxy 10 points and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha 4 points if you wish.
Only tip I can give you (this is no rule): when you don't know how much points to cast just count down from 10 onwards. You can also always check what others vote for first and check how many points they gave.

In the case you don't copy my code from below (please do copy it though) and mention more than 10 anime in a category only the first 10 will count.
In the case you don't copy my code from below and mention less than 10 anime AND don't mention points I'll count down from 10 points.

◄ Try to be realistic: I don't mind you voting for anything, but I'm more pointing towards the Blu-ray upgrade category. If an anime doesn't have a Blu-ray release in Japan it most likely won't get released on Blu-ray over here.
Checking whether an anime has a Blu-ray release in Japan you can do via CD-Japan and Amazon Japan.

◄ Changing votes: I am not opposed to you changing your votes inbetween the time you posted your initial votes and the end of the poll.
But please make it clear you changed votes, either by making a new post saying "I changed some votes:" or adding a "EDIT (and date preferably): (info)" to your initial post.

◄ Nota bene: Use the nota bene in the form for any notes you want to add.
This could go from you "addressing" a certain distributor to suggesting something about a title like an extra.
Or for something that I didn't make a category for like for example OSTs/CDs, we may not have had a new OST announcement in a while, but you never know.

◄ Voting ends: Sunday 25 January 2015 at 11.59PM

Vote form/bulletin
Please copy the code from this (and fill in):
Code:
[size=115][color=#0000FF][b][u]TOP 10 MOST WANTED UK ANIME LICENCES: WITH DUB[/u][/b][/color][/size]
01 - 10 points - 
02 - 09 points - 
03 - 08 points - 
04 - 07 points - 
05 - 06 points - 
06 - 05 points - 
07 - 04 points - 
08 - 03 points - 
09 - 02 points - 
10 - 01 point  - 

[size=115][color=#0000FF][b][u]TOP 10 MOST WANTED UK ANIME LICENCES: CURRENTLY SUB-ONLY[/u][/b][/color][/size]
01 - 10 points - 
02 - 09 points - 
03 - 08 points - 
04 - 07 points - 
05 - 06 points - 
06 - 05 points - 
07 - 04 points - 
08 - 03 points - 
09 - 02 points - 
10 - 01 point  - 

[size=115][color=#0000FF][b][u]TOP 10 MOST WANTED UK ANIME LICENCES: MOVIES[/u][/b][/color][/size]
01 - 10 points - 
02 - 09 points - 
03 - 08 points - 
04 - 07 points - 
05 - 06 points - 
06 - 05 points - 
07 - 04 points - 
08 - 03 points - 
09 - 02 points - 
10 - 01 point  - 

[size=115][color=#0000FF][b][u]TOP 10 MOST WANTED UK ANIME UPGRADES TO BLU-RAY[/u][/b][/color][/size]
01 - 10 points - 
02 - 09 points - 
03 - 08 points - 
04 - 07 points - 
05 - 06 points - 
06 - 05 points - 
07 - 04 points - 
08 - 03 points - 
09 - 02 points - 
10 - 01 point  - 

[size=115][color=#0000FF][b][u]TOP 10 MOST WANTED UK ANIME RE-RELEASES[/u][/b][/color][/size]
01 - 10 points - 
02 - 09 points - 
03 - 08 points - 
04 - 07 points - 
05 - 06 points - 
06 - 05 points - 
07 - 04 points - 
08 - 03 points - 
09 - 02 points - 
10 - 01 point  - 

[size=115][color=#BF0000][b][u]TOP 10 MOST WANTED UK ANIME LICENCES OVERALL[/u][/b][/color][/size]
01 - 10 points - 
02 - 09 points - 
03 - 08 points - 
04 - 07 points - 
05 - 06 points - 
06 - 05 points - 
07 - 04 points - 
08 - 03 points - 
09 - 02 points - 
10 - 01 point  - 

[size=115][color=#BF0000][b][u]NOTA BENE[/u][/b][/color][/size]
-

TOP 10 MOST WANTED UK ANIME LICENCES: WITH DUB
01 - 10 points - The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya
02 - 09 points - Monster
03 - 08 points -
04 - 07 points -
05 - 06 points -
06 - 05 points -
07 - 04 points -
08 - 03 points -
09 - 02 points -
10 - 01 point -

TOP 10 MOST WANTED UK ANIME LICENCES: CURRENTLY SUB-ONLY
01 - 10 points - When they cry
02 - 09 points -
03 - 08 points -
04 - 07 points -
05 - 06 points -
06 - 05 points -
07 - 04 points -
08 - 03 points -
09 - 02 points -
10 - 01 point -

TOP 10 MOST WANTED UK ANIME LICENCES: MOVIES
01 - 10 points - Sword of the stranger
02 - 09 points - The disappearance of haruhi suzumiya
03 - 08 points -
04 - 07 points -
05 - 06 points -
06 - 05 points -
07 - 04 points -
08 - 03 points -
09 - 02 points -
10 - 01 point -

TOP 10 MOST WANTED UK ANIME UPGRADES TO BLU-RAY
01 - 10 points - The garden of sinners
02 - 09 points - The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya
03 - 08 points - Ghost in the Shell stand alone complex
04 - 07 points -
05 - 06 points -
06 - 05 points -
07 - 04 points -
08 - 03 points -
09 - 02 points -
10 - 01 point -

TOP 10 MOST WANTED UK ANIME RE-RELEASES
01 - 10 points - The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya [blu-ray]
02 - 09 points - Sword of the stranger [blu-ray]
03 - 08 points - The garden of sinners [blu-ray]
04 - 07 points -
05 - 06 points -
06 - 05 points -
07 - 04 points -
08 - 03 points -
09 - 02 points -
10 - 01 point -

TOP 10 MOST WANTED UK ANIME LICENCES OVERALL
01 - 10 points - The melanchly of haruhi suzumiya [blu-ray]
02 - 09 points - Sword of the stranger [blu-ray]
03 - 08 points - Monster
04 - 07 points - When they cry
05 - 06 points - Ghost in the Shell stand alone complex
06 - 05 points - Mushi-shi
07 - 04 points - Evangelion [blu-ray]
08 - 03 points -
09 - 02 points -
10 - 01 point -

NOTA BENE
-Pretty plain I know. I've only just started collecting anime.

I'm confused. Seems far too complex to do each type of license want.

Can't we just do a list of our top 5/10 license wants that aren't currently available in the UK?
Getting a dub doesn't make sense for a UK license wish-list in my opinion.
I'm not that great with forums, so confused on copy/pasting that stuff and adding in my wishes.

My top 5:
1. Record of Lodoss War (and CotHK)
2. A Certain Magical Index / Scientific Railgun
3. Millennium Actress
4. Scrapped Princess
5. Magic Knight Rayearth

Only one wish got licensed last year (and that was DVD only - Garden of Sinners)

Top 5 works for me too.

Monogatari season 2 was the only thing from my list last year that got picked up, and I ended up getting the US releases anyway.

1. Arpeggio of Blue Steel [repeat from last year]
2. Akatsuki no Yona
3. Chaika - The Coffin Princess
4. Rage of Bahamut (would take some kind of streaming availability for this, just want to see the show after a friend recommended it).
5. Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV)

Just copy and past the thingy and press preview then you'll get it. I guess it's to make it clear for results. I wouldn't bet on most 2014 shows coming to UK before 2016.

01 - 10 points -
02 - 09 points -
03 - 08 points -
04 - 07 points -
05 - 06 points -
06 - 05 points -
07 - 04 points -
08 - 03 points -
09 - 02 points -
10 - 01 point -

01 - 10 points - An affordable version of the New Fate/stay night [BLU-RAY] (Before 2020 would be super!)
02 - 09 points -
03 - 08 points -
04 - 07 points -
05 - 06 points -
06 - 05 points -
07 - 04 points -
08 - 03 points -
09 - 02 points -
10 - 01 point -

01 - 10 points - Cencoroll [BLU-RAY] (Would be nice to be able to watch this properly domestically)
02 - 09 points - Japan Anima(tor)’s Exhibition Short Films [BLU-RAY] (No harm in asking... right?)
03 - 08 points -
04 - 07 points -
05 - 06 points -
06 - 05 points -
07 - 04 points -
08 - 03 points -
09 - 02 points -
10 - 01 point -

01 - 10 points - Millennium Actress (Manga UK DVD release; it's great, but it'd be better on Blu-ray)
02 - 09 points - Paranoia Agent (MVM UK DVD release; again, it's great, but it'd be better on Blu-ray)
03 - 08 points - Serial Experiments Lain (MVM UK DVD release; have the R1 Blu-ray, but again, would gladly double dip for a domestic release)
04 - 07 points -
05 - 06 points -
06 - 05 points -
07 - 04 points -
08 - 03 points -
09 - 02 points -
10 - 01 point -

01 - 10 points - Gunbuster OVA [BLU-RAY] (Kiseki(?) UK DVD release; that looks like it was ripped from VHS...)
02 - 09 points - Diebuster OVA [BLU-RAY] (Beez UK DVD release; authoring seems terrible, I can't get it into the menus half the time)
03 - 08 points - Eureka Seven Series [BLU-RAY] (Beez UK DVD release; have the R1 Blu-rays, but would gladly double dip for a domestic release)
04 - 07 points - The Tatami Galaxy [BLU-RAY] (Beez UK DVD release; authoring seems terrible again, I can't get it into the menus half the time)
05 - 06 points - Sword of the Stranger [BLU-RAY] (Beez UK DVD release)
06 - 05 points -
07 - 04 points -
08 - 03 points -
09 - 02 points -
10 - 01 point -

01 - 10 points - Gunbuster OVA [BLU-RAY]
02 - 09 points - Diebuster OVA [BLU-RAY]
03 - 08 points - Cencoroll [BLU-RAY]
04 - 07 points - Millennium Actress [BLU-RAY]
05 - 06 points - Paranoia Agent [BLU-RAY]
06 - 05 points - Eureka Seven Series [BLU-RAY]
07 - 04 points - Serial Experiments Lain [BLU-RAY]
08 - 03 points - The Tatami Galaxy [BLU-RAY]
09 - 02 points - Sword of the Stranger [BLU-RAY]
10 - 01 point - Japan Anima(tor)’s Exhibition Short Films [BLU-RAY]

NOTA BENE
- Is the Makoto Shinkai Collection out yet..? Thanks again for making the thread!

This time a whopping zero titles that I posted last year were licensed. Yeah, it's been a crap year for licenses. Although Kokoro Connect, which I had on my top 5 the year before, was picked up. For DVD only (guess what's going on the list for BR upgrades). Here's hoping this year goes a little better. Though looking at my list that seems rather unlikely.

01 - 10 points - Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
02 - 09 points - Date A Live
03 - 08 points - Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
04 - 07 points - Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
05 - 06 points - Oda Nobuna no Yabou
06 - 05 points - Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai (never knew this was dubbed)
05 - 04 points - Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? (nor this)
07 - 01 points - Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Tenri-hen/Megami-hen (yes I know the first two were released but Manga UK have sort of said they won't release more so this counts as a new license as far as I'm concerned)
...I got bored of looking at this point as we're well outside my top 20 most desired series.

01 - 10 points - Non Non Biyori
02 - 09 points - Saki
03 - 08 points - Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu
04 - 07 points - Yuru Yuri
05 - 06 points - Isshuukan Friends
06 - 05 points - GOSICK (seeing as it isn't on CR anymore)
07 - 04 points - Yuyushiki
08 - 03 points - Hanayamata
09 - 02 points - Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku
10 - 01 point - Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru

01 - 10 points - Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Movies (yes I've already double dipped on the series and yes I've imported the BR of the third film from from Japan. But I would STILL buy a UK release of any or all of these)
02 - 09 points - I'm
03 - 08 points - Not
04 - 07 points - Really
05 - 06 points - That
06 - 05 points - Much
07 - 04 points - Of
08 - 03 points - A
09 - 02 points - Film
10 - 01 point - Fan
In fact every film I'm even remotely interested in seems to have been licensed now. Except a few sequel films to series that themselves have not been licensed.

01 - 10 points - Clannad
02 - 09 points - Kokoro Connect
03 - 08 points - Garden of Sinners
04 - 01 points - Binbougami ga! (just as a matter of principle...)
...not really fussed about more than that...

01 - 10 points - Mushishi
^pretty much the only thing I want rereleased at this point. I've managed to get hold of almost everything else that was on my backlog list - or lost interest in it.

01 - 10 points - Non Non Biyori
02 - 09 points - Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru
03 - 08 points - Saki
04 - 07 points - Date A Live
05 - 06 points - Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu
06 - 05 points - Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai
07 - 04 points - Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai
08 - 03 points - Yuru Yuri
09 - 02 points - Isshuukan Friends
10 - 01 point - Oda Nobuna no Yabou

NOTA BENE
- Checking for dubs is a pain when you haven't watched a dubbed anime episode even out of curiosity for years.

I replied to each of you something, so find your comment below:

Only thing that may be incredibly difficult to do is a top 10 movies as I can hardly come up with 10 anime movies off the top of my head that aren't licensed myself.
Strike Witches The Movie, Madoka Magica (the three movies), Steins;Gate The Movie, Clannad The Movie. Ehhmm.
As said however, you don't have to vote on 10 things, much like black1blade you could just have 1 or 2 titles you're giving points, really.

Elaniel said:
I'm confused. Seems far too complex to do each type of license want.
The editions from 2011, 2013 and 2014 were way too simplistic and in no way handy to analyse.
Dubfans never would vote for subbed content and given how under-represented "we" are it'd look like dubbed content isn't that popular for wanted releases while projected on the details known of the industry that is known not to be true.

Also, I want to add I actually posted this idea for the topic already last year in February, only response I got was from Dannielle who was positive about the idea then.
Nobody said anything against it. There's a Dutch idiom for this type of occurrence, I have no idea whether there's an English version of it though.

I /could/ have made 4 separate topics for "movies", "series", "re-releases" and "blu-ray upgrades" separately, but I don't think the admins would have approved of that.

Elaniel said:
Can't we just do a list of our top 5/10 license wants that aren't currently available in the UK?
That's what the last category is for: "TOP 10 MOST WANTED UK ANIME LICENCES OVERALL".
Essentially the top 5 you posted in your post you can extend to up to 10 anime and counts towards the last category.

I was actually tinkering a lot about not including that category as it seemed pointless to me, but I decided to keep the origin of the poll around.

Actually, thinking about it the only thing one really could be opposed to is splitting dub and sub for the anime series overall, but that's for fairness and handiness sake.
And honestly the "movies", "re-releases" and "upgrades to Blu-ray" categories split should've been done since the first edition in my opinion.
I was actually going to make some categories (like movies) only a top 5, but thought that would be too complex for some.
If I had the feedback of "don't split dub and sub for [reason]" 10 months ago I could've worked on a different suggestion or done away with the dub/sub split and just have had the "anime series" split.

Elaniel said:
Getting a dub doesn't make sense for a UK license wish-list in my opinion.
Either I misunderstand your comment or you don't understand the UK anime industry. (So you confuse me. XD)

In general UK anime distributors are now less opposed to doing sub-only releases but chances for a title to break even are way higher if a title has a dub, hence why the split is appropriate.

Elaniel said:
I'm not that great with forums, so confused on copy/pasting that stuff and adding in my wishes.
You don't know how to copy-paste? You know how to quote, right?
Just press quote and delete everything beside the code of the bulletin.

VoxPhantom said:
Top 5 works for me too.
Well, I expected this. As said to Elaniel this counts towards the overall category, and you're allowed to mention a full top 10 for it really.
What you have given count in said category for 10 to 6 points downwards.

NoSurprises said:
I think I might struggle with the amount you're asking for, but I could probably manage a singular top 10. They're mainly requests for blu-ray re-releases of stuff... Mainly...

I'll edit my list if your format changes! (I appreciate the work you've put into it though!).
As said you are in no way obligated to mention 10 titles in the top 10. Black1blade also only featured a few in each category, really.

Essentially, if you say that that is your overall top 10, you essentially have already quite a few titles for the categories "upgrades to Blu-ray" and "re-releases".

Take your time to think and tinker about your list and other categories, as far as I see your votes you should easily be able to fill three of the categories. ^_^

NoSurprises said:
10. A Makoto Shinkai Collection (Bluray) (Hint hint)
Small note, the Makoto Shinkai collection is actually happening this year by Anime Limited. So you can change that with something else. ^_~

black1blade said:
NOTA BENE
-Pretty plain I know. I've only just started collecting anime.
Don't worry about it, the effort is appreciated!
And you have about three more weeks to edit and add on to your list(s). Could be some inspiration.

kuuderes_shadow said:
This time a whopping zero titles that I posted last year were licensed. Yeah, it's been a crap year for licenses. Although Kokoro Connect, which I had on my top 5 the year before, was picked up. For DVD only (guess what's going on the list for BR upgrades). Here's hoping this year goes a little better. Though looking at my list that seems rather unlikely.
Zero? Ah, that sucks. ;( Yeah, 2014 has been a really silent year from all distributors really.
I see a fair few titles I expect Anime Limited, MVM and Animatsu to pick up. Don't worry about it.

kuuderes_shadow said:
05 - 06 points - Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
This is in fact getting dubbed, any chance you could move it to the other list in you wished spot? ^_^
(If I have to do it myself, it'll get 4 points as that's the first free spot.)

kuuderes_shadow said:
06 - 05 points - Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
And this doesn't have a dub and hasn't been announced for a dub yet. (Or you found an announcement I missed?)
So could you switch Chu2Koi and this to each other's lists, please. ^_^

It's my fault for wanting to be this specific with that top 10, really. Might get rid of the dub/sub split next year if I do this again given the feedback I'm getting now.

kuuderes_shadow said:
02 - 09 points - I'm
03 - 08 points - Not
04 - 07 points - Really
05 - 06 points - That
06 - 05 points - Much
07 - 04 points - Of
08 - 03 points - A
09 - 02 points - Film
10 - 01 point - Fan
In fact every film I'm even remotely interested in seems to have been licensed now. Except a few sequel films to series that themselves have not been licensed.
You made me laugh, that's something. =P
Don't worry about it, I expect the least votes in that category from everybody in general.

kuuderes_shadow said:
NOTA BENE
- Checking for dubs is a pain when you haven't watched a dubbed anime episode even out of curiosity for years.
Sorry. You tried at least, that's really appreciated.

Agent-347 said:
I replied to each of you something, so find your comment below:
NoSurprises said:
I think I might struggle with the amount you're asking for, but I could probably manage a singular top 10. They're mainly requests for blu-ray re-releases of stuff... Mainly...

I'll edit my list if your format changes! (I appreciate the work you've put into it though!).
As said you are in no way obligated to mention 10 titles in the top 10. Black1blade also only featured a few in each category, really.

Essentially, if you say that that is your overall top 10, you essentially have already quite a few titles for the categories "upgrades to Blu-ray" and "re-releases".

Take your time to think and tinker about your list and other categories, as far as I see your votes you should easily be able to fill three of the categories. ^_^

NoSurprises said:
10. A Makoto Shinkai Collection (Bluray) (Hint hint)
Small note, the Makoto Shinkai collection is actually happening this year by Anime Limited. So you can change that with something else. ^_~
I was probably being a bit lazy, have gone back and formatted using your template.

Quick questions;

1. I assumed that "Upgrades to Blu-ray" are for things that are currently licensed on DVD by active companies that I'd like to see on Blu-ray?

2. "Re-releases" are licenses attributed to defunct companies that I'd like to see re-released (probably on Blu-ray again)?

3. "Top 10 Most Wanted" Should consist only of stuff that hasn't been licensed here yet? Or should I bung all my re-release suggestions in there too?

Thanks!

01 - 10 points – Beck Mongolian Chop Squad
02 - 09 points – Monster
03 - 08 points – Mushishi
04 - 07 points – Kanon
05 - 06 points – Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
06 - 05 points - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
07 - 04 points - Ghost Hound
08 - 03 points - Wolf's Rain
09 - 02 points - Nana
10 - 01 point -

01 - 10 points – Rainbow: Nisha Rokubo no Shichinin
02 - 09 points – Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV Series)
03 - 08 points -
04 - 07 points -
05 - 06 points -
06 - 05 points -
07 - 04 points -
08 - 03 points -
09 - 02 points -
10 - 01 point -

01 - 10 points – Puella Magi Madoka Magica Film Trilogy
02 - 09 points -
03 - 08 points -
04 - 07 points -
05 - 06 points -
06 - 05 points -
07 - 04 points -
08 - 03 points -
09 - 02 points -
10 - 01 point -

02 - 09 points – Clannad
03 - 08 points - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
04 - 07 points -
05 - 06 points -
06 - 05 points -
07 - 04 points -
08 - 03 points -
09 - 02 points -
10 - 01 point -

02 - 09 points - Wolf's Rain
03 - 08 points – Azumanga Daioh
04 - 07 points – Lucky Star
05 - 06 points -
06 - 05 points -
07 - 04 points -
08 - 03 points -
09 - 02 points -
10 - 01 point -

02 - 09 points - Monster
03 - 08 points – Mushishi
04 - 07 points - Ghost Hound
05 - 06 points – Kanon
06 - 05 points – Clannad
07 - 04 points – Wolf's Rain
08 - 03 points – The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
09 - 02 points - Free! Iwatobi Swim Club
10 - 01 point - Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV Series)

NOTA BENE
- Rainbow doesn't have a full English title so I just put the Japanese. It's probably quite obvious I want Beck to get re-released.

1. Monster
2. Fate Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV)
3. Parasyte
4. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
5. Valvrave The Liberator
6. Daily Lives of High School Boys
7. Aldnoah Zero
8. Code Geass: Akito the Exiled
9. Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
10. Death Parade

Agent-347 said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
05 - 06 points - Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
This is in fact getting dubbed, any chance you could move it to the other list in you wished spot? ^_^
(If I have to do it myself, it'll get 4 points as that's the first free spot.)

kuuderes_shadow said:
06 - 05 points - Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
And this doesn't have a dub and hasn't been announced for a dub yet. (Or you found an announcement I missed?)
So could you switch Chu2Koi and this to each other's lists, please. ^_^

Oops I must have misread Korean as English for OreGairu for some reason. Chuunibyou has been moved; OreGairu removed (it's not quite a strong enough contender to get on the list when competing with the stuff that has not been dubbed), and the series that replaces it is of course one that has no chance of ever getting a UK release.

Don't think I have enough to fill all the categories so I'm just going to list a general wish-list in no particular order.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel
Madoka Magica films
Nisekoi
Cardcaptor Sakura
Sailor Moon
Serial Experiments Lain
Haruhi season 1 (rescue re-release)
Excel Saga
Jojo's Bizarre Adventures
Yuki Yuna Is A Hero
Parasyte
Oreimo
Valvrave
Gundam (all of it, any of it - just something)
Macross (same as Gundam)

Wow, talk about being spoken to extremely condescending by Agent-347 by implying I'm too stupid to copy and paste.
Not that I'm looking for sympathy, but I've been awfully sick lately and am on medication that is causing me problems where I'm not focusing correctly and causing me other issues. So I may not be getting my points across the way I mean to.

I'll back out of this thread and not post here again.

Not all of us would be looking at other posts of yours either about what way to do a wish list for this year, but that's besides the point.

Replies to everybody below. Find your comment and my response. ;D
May I remind people I am not native English, nor attach ";P" to every light-hearted joke I make.

NoSurprises said:
I was probably being a bit lazy, have gone back and formatted using your template.
We all are lazy at some points, it's okay. You "fixed" it for my convenience sake and that's greatly appreciated.

NoSurprises said:
1. I assumed that "Upgrades to Blu-ray" are for things that are currently licensed on DVD by active companies that I'd like to see on Blu-ray?
Mostly, yes.
But I'm accepting stuff that was previously available on UK DVD as well for the upgrade to make things not overly complex. ^_~

NoSurprises said:
2. "Re-releases" are licenses attributed to defunct companies that I'd like to see re-released (probably on Blu-ray again)?
Yes. Could be Blu-ray or DVD really.

All Blu-ray upgrades could be re-releases, but not all re-releases have to be to Blu-ray. That's what differs them really.
Point of view here is that anime distributors also call Blu-ray upgrades rather re-releases than upgrades for some odd reason.

Really, if there's something on the list I notice that really shouldn't be on there I shall tell or PM.

NoSurprises said:
3. "Top 10 Most Wanted" Should consist only of stuff that hasn't been licensed here yet? Or should I bung all my re-release suggestions in there too?
The overall list? You mix each and every of the other lists into it.
It's based on the previous versions of the topic though, where Blu-ray upgrades were left out. But re-releases were in.

But given DVD and Blu-ray licenses are separate and we have no clue for most anime whether the distributor has the Blu-ray rights (much like Baccano) I'm fine with you including upgrades to Blu-ray and re-releases.

Yukifan said:
NOTA BENE
- Rainbow doesn't have a full English title so I just put the Japanese.
The Rainbow thing is okay. ^_~ I'll research it a bit more later but I know which anime you mean.
I actually recognize quite a few anime by their Japanese name as well, but I know when doing Quality Control in another topic I didn't catch the Higurashi thing at first and want to try minimize the chances of that happening here.

Yukifan said:
It's probably quite obvious I want Beck to get re-released.
No joke. ;P

GolGotha said:
Gah, mind's gone blank. Will edit this tomorrow.
I know the feeling. xP Take your time (within reason of course ;P). ^_^

kuuderes_shadow said:
Oops I must have misread Korean as English for OreGairu for some reason. Chuunibyou has been moved; OreGairu removed (it's not quite a strong enough contender to get on the list when competing with the stuff that has not been dubbed), and the series that replaces it is of course one that has no chance of ever getting a UK release.
If you mean Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku, I wouldn't count it as impossible. If anything it's a show that slightly interests me.

Lutga said:
Don't think I have enough to fill all the categories so I'm just going to list a general wish-list in no particular order.
You don't have to fill all the categories, much like some others you could very well only vote for 1 title in a category if you wish.

As things stand, if that's what you keep it at I'll follow the rules and count the first 10 mentioned towards the last category.
And perhaps (maybe) I'll catch the movies and such myself from everybody who "refuses" to make the other lists to figure out how much points they each get in their respective categories.

No firm decisions on the last thing though, if anything I hope some/all go back and be nice enough to just deal with this edition as it is. It's not that much effort really.
Is it really such a pain, once a year, I wonder? I already said if I host it again next year (or in December 2015) that I'll leave out the sub/dub split.

But the series, movies, re-releases and upgrades categories are not making things overly complicated, in fact each of these categories are separately decisionally differently approached by all distributors.
Some distributors don't/didn't/won't want much re-releases, really. (Manga) Some are not a fan of movie releases (MVM). Some aren't all that much into Blu-ray upgrades. (MVM and Manga)
While three of the categories could have overlapping votes as showcased by some others this split really makes sense from my point of view. And the dub/sub does for me as well, but yeah. Humans.

Cel said:
This looks a lot more convoluted and complicated than it really needs to be to be honest.
Like school. ~_^; I think I addressed this above and on the previous page though.

Even anime distributors themselves have confirmed they don't work with "one list" of titles they want to acquire. They have various lists, all with different priorities.

britguy said:
1. Natsumes Book of Friends
I'll probably count this as 10 points towards both the last (overall) category and the sub-only category as there's no discussion possible if it stays like that.
Of course, feel free to add to the categories and lists if you wish. ^_^ Your participation is appreciated though!

Yeah I just updated my list with what came to mind. I imagine eva blu rays sometime in 2016/2017 as with fate stay night UBW. With funimation releasing haruhi blu ray, I hope that it is in the UK my Christmas because that is one of my fav anime. The obvious monster and higurashi too. Honestly I'm not too fussed about a UK release of kara no kyoukai because I will probably just buy the jap blu rays in a few years (The dvd's will do for now but it is the sort of film series you want to see in the best quality possible which only the aniplex blu rays will provide. I don't mind for most other shows because we pay about a 1/10th of the price of the Japanese blu rays so a little loss in quality isn't that bad.)

01 - 10 points - Monster
02 - 09 points - Ping Pong The Animation (Funimation announced they would be making a dub)
03 - 08 points - Honey and Clover
04 - 07 points - Nana
05 - 06 points - Record of Lodoss War (not sure if it was ever released in the UK)
06 - 05 points - Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
07 - 04 points - Slam Dunk
08 - 03 points - Yu Yu Hakusho
09 - 02 points - Beck
10 - 01 point - Free!

01 - 10 points - Legend of the Galactic Heroes (Chances are pretty much zero)
02 - 09 points - Aria the Animation/Natural/Origination
03 - 08 points - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (another extremely unlikely one)
04 - 07 points - Gintama
05 - 06 points - Tentai Senshi Sunred
06 - 05 points - Natsume Yuujinchou
07 - 04 points - Cross Game
08 - 03 points - Mushishi Zoku Shou
09 - 02 points - Yuru Yuri
10 - 01 point - Kuuchuu Buranko

01 - 10 points - Gintama: Forever Yorozuya (plus all the others)
02 - 09 points - Tsumiki no Ie (pretty much impossible since it's 8 minutes long)
03 - 08 points - Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Overture to a New War (and My Conquest Is The Sea of Stars)
04 - 07 points - Hotarubi no Mori e
05 - 06 points - Omae Umasou da na
06 - 05 points - Puella Magi Madoka Magica Trilogy
07 - 04 points - Memories
08 - 03 points - Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
09 - 02 points - Kino's Journey Movies + Episode 0
10 - 01 point - Sword of the Stranger

01 - 10 points - Usagi Drop
02 - 09 points - Millenium Actress
03 - 08 points - Mushishi
04 - 07 points - Azumanga Daioh
05 - 06 points - Berserk
06 - 05 points - Haibane Renmei
07 - 04 points - The Tatami Galaxy
08 - 03 points - Sound of the Sky
09 - 02 points - Kino's Journey
10 - 01 point - House of Five Leaves

01 - 10 points - Mushishi
02 - 09 points - Azumanga Daioh
03 - 08 points - Haibane Renmei
04 - 07 points - The Tatami Galaxy
05 - 06 points - Sound of the Sky
06 - 05 points - Beck
07 - 04 points - Planetes
08 - 03 points - Serial Experiments Lain
09 - 02 points - Texhnolyze
10 - 01 point - Patlabor

01 - 10 points - Legend of the Galactic Heroes (EVERYTHING!)
02 - 09 points - Monster
03 - 08 points - Aria the Animation/Natural/Origination
04 - 07 points - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
05 - 06 points - Gintama
06 - 05 points - Natsume Yuujinchou
07 - 04 points - Ping Pong The Animation
08 - 03 points - Cross Game
09 - 02 points - Nodame Cantabile
10 - 01 point - Mushishi

Filled everything. :lol:

From the shows of 2014 I would have to go with Fate/Stay Night, Your Lie in April, Amagi Brilliant Park, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Aldnoah.Zero, but most of all I'd love Love LOVE a nice big pretty release of Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun. It was easily the best show of 2014 for me.
I'd also like to see license rescues of Nisekoi and Chuunibyou from Kaze, so that someone in the UK can actually release these titles and do a decent job of it. It's good that Kaze are finally dead and all considering how awful their releases are, but sitting on licenses for good shows in the UK is another thing.

For BD upgrades the only ones that jump to mind are Tatami Galaxy and Ergo Proxy off the top of my head.

Back