Yoshizumi wants Tales Of characters in Smash Bros

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Source.

So guys, as we've known for a while now, Namco Bandai are co-developing the new Super Smash Bros. game, which is being made for the Nintendo Wii U and the 3DS. Due to this collaboration, many people have been speculating about whether or not Tekken characters would appear and that was debunked.

However, "Tales of" producer Makoto Yoshizumi has come out and said that he wants a character from Namco Bandai's "Tales Of" games to appear in the game. However, Masahiro Sakurai has full control over the game's roster and he has said that only characters who have appeared on a Nintendo console are eligible (makes sense).

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Bound to be Lloyd surely? I mean he already showed up in a Soul Calibur, so why not?
Lloyd is the one most of the gaming press are featuring and talking about, so probably. It'll most likely be a main character of a game at least (so no Anice T_T).

I think the idea of tales of character going into smash bros has been circulating since it was announced they where co-developing it, hasn't there? I expect Lloyd will be a main one for that, and i wonder if they'd include any from Abyss now since that has appeared on a Nintendo console. They don't have that much to work with surprisingly since it has to be Nintendo based. Still, it will be nice to see one or more included.

I'm thinking Tales of the Abyss has a good bet because it was only ported to the 3DS late last last year (and this year for the US).

Back