Yo I'm Arbalest, that admin guy that seems to lurk(AMA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Setting up an introductory topic seems a little weird, however i feel it kind of necessary considering how little i'm actually joining in discussions/debates/conversations. Not only for that, but for basically being just a presence doing nothing in the background. Feel i should explain why i'm seldom about to moderate, help in the background and just chat.

So currently my life is a bit of a mess, between trying to finish off adwords so i can start up freelance/my own business, finding new jobs to maintain a steady income, and properly moving back to edinburgh. As such, stress and lack of motivation kicks in rather too often and all I kind of want to do is nothing at all. A nuisance when i have so much to do, to say the least. As such, all the news posts I should help with, the stuff I want to try and help with background stuff on the site, watching anime, playing games, even working on my blog which so poorly gets neglected, all seem to be taking the back seat of a rather large bus. Also, I don't think it's really fair to have an admin who basically doesn't chat/converse/whatever and is expected to be trusted with issues with other members. So I kinda want to rectify that in some way by being a bit more active, using this topic as a means to kick myself up the backside to get into gear.

Now, i should re-introduce myself, shouldn't I?
So i'm Arbalest, Arby if you prefer. You may recognise me from such programs as "The Nakama Britannica Podcast". twitter(ARX7Laevatein), and that administrator gig on some random forum called AUKN. i mean, who's heard of that, right? I'm 25, honours degree in mathematics and almost a qualification in Adwords.
Favourite series? I always hold Full Metal Panic! close to me(hence my namesake), Berserk is another big series to me. All i wish, is that Miura would take a breather from those idol games he loves and JUST WRITE MORE OF THE GOD DAMNED MANGA. Other worthy mentions are Cowboy Bebop, Planetes and of course, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
What about for other stuff? I'm actually more of a gamer than i am an anime fan, as such i'm always busy with something. DOTA 2 is a bit of an addiction at times, but i'm working on a fair few games at present, The Last of Us being one of them finally(i know i know, i should've finished it when it hit last year)
I also write a blog, or intend to get back on it - http://arbysarchive.blogspot.co.uk/ - and you can always find me lurking on twitter talking about crap, gaming leaks and every other thing under the sun. For those wondering about the podcast too, we do actually have one planned to record, we just need to sit down and do it as well. A focus on a slightly older series this time, which hopefully we can let you dig into sooner rather than later. I want to try and push to do a Jojo one as well, may have to use persuasion to put that into action.

Er....yeah. So i think that'll cover it for now? Ask me anything else if you fancy. And again, apologies for just always being in the background and nowhere else. Lifes a mess, i need to sort it out, i'm using this as a means to get myself sorted out.

Re: Yo. So i'm Arbalest, that admin guy that seems to lurk a

Lawrence said:
How do I become a moderator?

You must first pledge allegiance to the sun god, then after doing so. Step forth into the mystical world of dreams and catch for me 100 of the rare beasts known as "Flying Heads". They sometimes attach themselves to unsuspecting beasts and use them as camouflage, other times they just fly through the sky. You may be considered only if you meet this task.

Professor Irony said:
Flying Heads?

Rare beasts apparently brought into the world of dreams by a mysterious man known as "The Black Swordsman". Noone knows how he does it, but rumours suggest it's something to do with that big slab of metal he carries around as a sword...

I had to spend a good while thinking on this one. But after much consideration, i think i'd play it to the stylings of megaman. "Sausageman" with his own stage, and my power-up would involve either a sausage whip or nunchakus. I did wonder if i'd have another beam style weapon as an upgrade, but the melee weapons felt more better suited.

I guess that makes it hard to differentiate which part is what, but consider that my body is a mixture of both in equal quantities

memorium said:
Can you tell the difference between butter and I Can't Believe it's Not Butter?

I can! Although i don't often touch "I Can't Believe it's Not Butter", as it's not half as good as proper butter anyways. If i wanted something that wasn't butter, i generally go for flora anyways.

PandoraHane said:
Do you see the potential of an 'Ask Arbalest!!' thread?

Ahaha. You know i didn't think about that until now. If there was demand for it, i'd certainly consider it.

Ahahaha ok. I guess there is some demand then. I'll build up something later and probably throw it up in the Random chit-chat area. I'll probably lock this up after so questions aren't thrown in both bits too, just to avoid two topics filling the same bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back