Yakuza

Nemphtis

Hunter
I recall some of you were enthusiasts of the Yakuza games so I decided it was worth my time to post this up. The latest issue of Famitsu contains one about Yakuza. Specifically, that Yakuza 3 is coming, it's coming for the PS3 and should be out in Japan sometime around Spring next year. No pics or further info just yet, but hey, this news is brand new. Give it time to settle, let it catch its breath before demanding things like screens. They won't be too far away. Click here for the source and some magazine scans.

WoOHOO I am a HUGE Yakuza fan, played the first game about 4 times now just trying to complete all the little side quests that I keep missing.

Bring on 2 & 3 I am gonna be smiling all day now

I hope they release it across all other consoles, more specifically the 360. I loved the first game, it was the last game i bought before jumping to the 360

thekendyman said:
I hope they release it across all other consoles, more specifically the 360. I loved the first game, it was the last game i bought before jumping to the 360

As long as I get a PS2/3 or PC release I will be happy :D

Never played any of the games before so i don't have a clue what the fuss is about.
But hey people seem to be excited so i'll keep half an eye open for when gameplay vids start showing.

Didn't expect the sudden time-jump. It could be interesting, but I've never played the first one (due to "it's-made-by-SEGA-and-it's-like-Shenmue-but-it's-not-Shenmue" angst), and it'll need to be some game to make me want a PS3.

I hope it's not just Onimusha without demons.

Espy said:
Didn't expect the sudden time-jump. It could be interesting, but I've never played the first one (due to "it's-made-by-SEGA-and-it's-like-Shenmue-but-it's-not-Shenmue" angst), and it'll need to be some game to make me want a PS3.

I hope it's not just Onimusha without demons.

Lol I swear i saw a post somewhere on the net saying "I hope its like Onimusha but without the demons" Its a funny ol world.

Heh, I don't think it will be anyway. The Yakuza games are very different in terms of gameplay to Onimusha, and I think (and hope) that the jump in time will only affect the atmosphere and weapons.

I still wanna get my hands on yakuza 2 and see Kazuma's story continue as he travels to his friends funeral and yes gets into another little yakuza war.

Loving the idea of taking yakuza 3 back in time, bring on the sword play, oooh I hope we can weild dual weapons

I'm surprised I even noticed this game through the ocean of pre-TGS news when I don't even have any interest in it at all. Just remembered a few of you were into it so figured I'd get a discussion going before someone else eventually would. :]

It's peanut butter jelly time, Yakuza 2 information ahoy. Also since we'll be discussing both the second and third games in the franchise, I've renamed this topic to simply Yakuza in the hopes that people don't get confused which one we're talking about. I know there's already a Yakuza topic, but that's too bad. :]

Sega has confirmed that it will be releasing Yazuza 2 for the PlayStation 2 in North America sometime in 2008. The popular Japanese game saw release in December of 2006, and received universal acclaim by the press.

The game kicks off one year after the events of the first game, with players taking on the role of the "retired" Kiryu Kazuma. But as they say about the Yazuka, "once you go black, you never go back," and Kazuma gets wrapped up in some sneaky business once again. The sneaky business in question involves beating dudes up with bats and a bowling mini-game, of course.

The North American release of the first Yakuza took a lot of heat from fans, who were offended by the game's Japanese language being replaced by Hollywood voice talent. No word on whether or not this "feature" will return, but I can certainly think of a lot of better things Eliza Dushku could be doing with her time.

WOOHOO this is great news, i can happily wait until 2008 for a release, too bad its taken so long to come out but I really want... no need this game

Wise fwom your gwaaaaave

Woohoo!

And just to get you all juiced up...

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tYUejiOMbvU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tYUejiOMbvU&hl=en_GB&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

There certainly are some similarities, but Yakuza has a greater focus on combat. Shenmue is essentially an adventure game. Yakuza 3 looks to have a ridiculous amount of minigames and other diversions, though, and that definitely reminds me of Shenmue.

on top of that with the amount of swearing in the first, it's most likly to be a gibbon in the third. Not a very all round family orientated game

Back