Yakuza/Ryū ga Gotoku [龍が如く] Thread | Shin Yakuza now Yakuza: Like a Dragon, heading west in 2020

Yakuza 6 trailer unveiled, graphics looks like an improved version of Yakuza 0's & Kiwami's engine.

Note this is a PS4 exclusive title.

SEGA & Sony also uploaded the launch trailer for Yakuza 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yakuza-7-19.png

I realized that I had a thread on the franchise. May as well revive it in the wake of the news that Shin Ryu ga Gotoku has been renamed Yakuza 7: Whereabouts of Light and Darkness (Ryu ga Gotoku 7: Hikari to Yami no Yukue). SEGA Europe & US have decided to rename it as Yakuza: Like a Dragon for the west sometime in 2020.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon may actually sound a bit confusing considering it's the name used for Takashi Miike's film adaptation of the first game.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is a turn-based RPG, which is a big departure from the beat em up layout that the previous games had. The new location is Yokohama, which will be three times bigger than Kamurocho.

Source: Twinfinite

81Nye9PNuZL._SL1500_.jpg

In addition, the Yakuza Remastered Collection, which contains HD remasters of Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza 5, is now available to pre-order on Amazon UK and Amazon US. This physical release is scheduled for 11th February 2020, and contains the games across 2 Blu-ray game discs and also a game case of Yakuza 5 for supporters of the whole franchise before the Yakuza 0 boom. Yakuza 3 is available to download on PSN today however you will only be able to purchase it through the Remastered Collection which will unlock Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 5 later down the line.

(Disclaimer: Amazon links are affiliated and will support me financially if you make a purchase)

Last edited:
Yakuza-7-19.png

I realized that I had a thread on the franchise. May as well revive it in the wake of the news that Shin Ryu ga Gotoku has been renamed Yakuza 7: Whereabouts of Light and Darkness (Ryu ga Gotoku 7: Hikari to Yami no Yukue). SEGA Europe & US have decided to rename it as Yakuza: Like a Dragon for the west sometime in 2020.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon may actually sound a bit confusing considering it's the name used for Takashi Miike's film adaptation of the first game.

Yakuza: Like a Dragon is a turn-based RPG, which is a big departure from the beat em up layout that the previous games had. The new location is Yokohama, which will be three times bigger than Kamurocho.

Source: Twinfinite

81Nye9PNuZL._SL1500_.jpg

In addition, the Yakuza Remastered Collection, which contains HD remasters of Yakuza 3, Yakuza 4, and Yakuza 5, is now available to pre-order on Amazon UK and Amazon US. This physical release is scheduled for 11th February 2020, and contains the games across 2 Blu-ray game discs and also a game case of Yakuza 5 for supporters of the whole franchise before the Yakuza 0 boom. Yakuza 3 is available to download on PSN today however you will only be able to purchase it through the Remastered Collection which will unlock Yakuza 4 and Yakuza 5 later down the line.

(Disclaimer: Amazon links are affiliated and will support me financially if you make a purchase)
31C89944-BD8E-4C9A-A6F1-E59BBA27951D.png
Pre-ordering this, not sure if from Amazon or another site, depends on who has them.

Back