Xbox One

Ranger Ryu

Kiznaiver
So.......Microsoft revealed details about it's new console and put WAY to much focus on how they're basically in their words reinventing how we watch TV..........

Watched the event. Really couldn't believe how they were constantly banging on about TV all the time.

The RAM thing was so vague... 8GB of... what? GDDR5? Did Sony beat them that they just shunned away from it?

I went in with low expectations anyway, but...
Complete and utter **** just about sums up my opinion of the whole thing.

TV, KINECT, SPORTS GAMES, PAY TO PLAY PRE-OWNED GAMES, EXCLUSIVE DLC!!!
The name itself is also questionable and misleading - they already have an Xbox 1.
This "Console" if you can even call it that is, in my eyes, the Wii of this generation. Unfortunately though, all the stupid sports and COD fans will probably eat this crap up without thinking.

Max Takeshi said:
Watched the event. Really couldn't believe how they were constantly banging on about TV all the time.

The RAM thing was so vague... 8GB of... what? GDDR5? Did Sony beat them that they just shunned away from it?
It's been rumored multiple times, and I think now confirmed to be 8GB of DDR3 Ram.
Put it this way, if it was GDDR5 they would have mentioned it.

Also, am I really meant to be hyped about Call of Duty: Ghosts when we already know that it's going to be out for PC, 360, PS3 and PS4 (With Wii U rumoured)?

I do love my Wii U and I do think the GamePad will lead to the most innovative gameplay this generation, but if I do buy a PS4 or XB1, it sure as hell won't be the Xbox One.

Honestly, the only good thing to come out of this conference for me is the fact that the bloody thing has a Bluray drive. Hopefully BD adoption rates will increase.

Joshawott said:
Silly Nintendo, you were meant to release your last Gen console at the START of last gen, not the end! Wii U2 where?
In all seriousness though the gamepad is just one of the things which drives me away from the Wii U. I can go on but I won't, and some of my points are glaringly obvious anyway.

BKzx4yxCAAAF8fq.png:large

Wait... Do people actually have sense?

I saw the event too on the console (great quality) and I was way too disappointed with it plus Im from Portugal and most of services are not available in here so all of that was crap to me. Yes there are good features and in overall, xbox one is more complete than ps4 but since i want a console next time i buy one, i couldnt care less about all those features since most of them will not be available here.

So they show a new console (games) and show basically just tv features... Sony did way better and I know where my money is going next generation. I still have to buy ps3 first just to play exclusives and some anime games in there. I dont regret having an xbox this generation but they are moving to a different route than gaming and basically, that console is for americans cause they love all of that, including NFL and those things...

Am I the only one coming away from this not disappointed? It's just everything I expected. Obviously they weren't gonna show games until E3, obviously they weren't going to have better hardware than Sony, obviously Kinect was a pack-in...

And I think the OS etc looked good and if browsing and changing is really that speedy then wow (certainly a zillion times quicker than the wii u experience).

I don't really understand how Sony conference was any better, other than that they just showed a couplemore game trailers that also didn't really show in game footage and they explained their social stuff a bit more at length.

Oh and I'm not an Xbox fanboy... I'm fairly sure I'll end up getting both. Yet to be sold on which I get first.

I'm not sure MS realizes how far off the pace they had fallen by the end of this generation of consoles. A "rather odd" choice of name aside, I think they need to move very firmly into not even trying to make game consoles and just dedicate themselves to a set-top box approach. I don't think they will succeed at either with the lines they seem to be taking.

The second hand games thing will turn out to be irrelevant imo.

Right, i'll summarise my thoughts here as much as i can.

This was a disaster.

Ok now for the somewhat longer version. This was doomed from the get-go, this almost felt like a rushed attempt to combat sony, and it failed. Heck, even Nintendos shares went up 2.5% and they aren't exactly doing the best they have ever done either.
TV, here, TV there, TV every-god-damned-where. That's how the intro the xbox one, or as i like to call it, the failbox. You're trying to sell the idea of it being something fantastic for TV to Gaming Journalists which, i should note, is the last thing we care about. We want games from the get go instead. Here's the kicker. The live TV stuff all shown there, is purely exclusive to the US we'd not see that feature here. That may change later, heck it better, otherwise what are they going to offer us in return?

The games we saw where mediocre as well. Forza was expected, and CoD took up too much time. All this TV stuff could open up room for their E3 conference to be entirely game focused, but knowing xbox, they will get their TV feature they are so proud of brought up as well. they need to consider their core audience first and foremost, not the others, and they need to do it in two weeks.

Was there anything decent from it? Well. Halo TV series doe by Speilberg was kinda cool to see. Bar that, nope. Not at all. The news about used games requiring a fee to play and that you need to go online once every 24 hours to play offline just don't help matters for them. This was honestly as i said above, a disaster.

Also CoD Dog stole the show

I didn't quite get why people clapped when he said "Xbox,on".......wow he turned it on with his voice I mean the Kinect can already do that,and Microsoft seems to have forgotten about the use of a dying technology it seems.........a button!

Ranger Ryu said:
I didn't quite get why people clapped when he said "Xbox,on".......wow he turned it on with his voice I mean the Kinect can already do that,and Microsoft seems to have forgotten about the use of a dying technology it seems.........a button!

I can explain that one. The only people who clapped during the event where the people at the back of the conference room, also known as microsoft employees. None of the journalists clapped, they weren't impressed. It was MS trying to make everything seem more exciting. I'm not even joking on this either.

I really don't get why you're all disappointed. Xbox 360 had pretty much no HD video support for the first few years so I never thought this would support 4k (plus 90% of their market won't care). I you want something techy that plays games and supports 4k, buy a mini PC and stick it under your TV, you're still handing Microsoft money - they won't mind. And the specs are comparable to PS4, they only lag slightly behind? Although we don't know for sure about the processor and GPU yet which is a little more worrying.

This was clearly not an event for us, it was an event for newspapers and websites so they could go here's the name, here's some pretty pictures, here's why johnny average American should be interested.

I do worry about all the TV stuff being US specific though (look at TVii on wiiU) but they have said they're working with many international providers to get it to work,which I take to mean at least sky.

I just can't understand why anyone id disappointed when this was pretty much all telegraphed from the get go (apart from maybe Halo TV, which is a real surprise, though they even telegraphed they'd be going into TV).

There are people moaning about this console who laid down £349 for a Wii U. And you think THIS is the bigger disappointment So far I've seen nothing from the new generation that has wowed me, but after owning a Wii U for over 6 months for which I've played for maybe 5 hours I doubt PS4 or Xbox One will disappoint me much.

FourthLion said:
I do worry about all the TV stuff being US specific though (look at TVii on wiiU) but they have said they're working with many international providers to get it to work,which I take to mean at least sky.
Nintendo have said that about TVii as well.

FourthLion said:
Am I the only one coming away from this not disappointed? It's just everything I expected. Obviously they weren't gonna show games until E3, obviously they weren't going to have better hardware than Sony, obviously Kinect was a pack-in...

And I think the OS etc looked good and if browsing and changing is really that speedy then wow (certainly a zillion times quicker than the wii u experience).

I don't really understand how Sony conference was any better, other than that they just showed a couplemore game trailers that also didn't really show in game footage and they explained their social stuff a bit more at length.

Oh and I'm not an Xbox fanboy... I'm fairly sure I'll end up getting both. Yet to be sold on which I get first.

This.

Back