Worst Video games ever

I got that Battle Construction Vehicles game on PS2 a while back. It was reeeally bad! Was pretty funny for its awfulness though. :)

The Running Man on the "old" Commodore Amiga formats. That was appalling, believe me. Even bad modern games are masterpieces compared to some of the bad "older" games. :)

lol...I got Sprung for £5 a few months ago. It wasn't as bad as I expected, but it still kinda sucked...so I traded it in. -_-

Sonic The Hedgehog on 360 is a mind-numbing pile of ****, which is par for the course for 3D Sonics really...I don't know what I was expecting.

Another awful, awful game I remember on the Amiga formats of yesteryear was Total Recall. Maybe not as bad as The Running Man, but its a close call.

Eternal Forces: Left Behind. Excluding the blatant Christian propaganda rammed down your throat, poor level design, shoddy graphics and just plain dull to play.

Aaron said:
Sonic The Hedgehog on 360 is a mind-numbing pile of ****, which is par for the course for 3D Sonics really...I don't know what I was expecting.

*stands up in protest*

There were LOTS of good 3D Sonic games.

*sits down in a huff*

Anyway. worst game for me has to be... I dunno actually!

Lupus Inu said:
I'm drawing a blank of good 3D Sonic games after Adventure 2/Battle.

Sonic Heroes was average, but still not awful. There were two bad "proper" Sonic games after that, Shadow and the one on the 360, and Shadow was a spin-off. I wouldn't call two games an overwhelming failure. Sonic and the Secret Rings was a great game, and definately a step in the right direction for the series.

There's a lot of Sonic hate going around right now, some of it deserved, but I don't think the entire franchine deserves bashing. Especially after Secret Rings has redeemed it in a way.

Shadow the hedgehog was TERRIBLE. Though Sonic Heroes was alright, but the game lost it's love with me with it's ****** camera angles. Secret Rings looks alright, from what I've seen.

They're definately on to something with Secret Rings. I would like to see them expand their ideas from SATSR until they have a perfect Sonic formula again.

I read in an interview recently that SEGA are dying to reinvent Sonic, so hopefully that will lead to good things.

I admit, I think Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was really quite cool....just I think the others have all kinda stunk (I've never played Shadow, for the record).

The real problem is the camera on them...I find that a lot of the time, it's near impossible to see where you're going, seeing as the camera is so hard to manipulate, compared to other 3D platformers like Banjo Kazooie and Mario Sunshine.

The camera is a real nightmare on Sonic 360, along with the other ridiculous crap like randomly (and unavoidably) falling off loops because you were a few degrees off, but aren't able to move, and losing all your rings because you run into a tree.

Really, I want to like the 3D games (and I keep buying them anyway in the hope they'll be good, so it's my own fault)...I love Sonic (I still get the US Archie comics twelve years after I started!) so it just really disappoints me that he hasn't managed to go 3D as well as Mario.

Secret Rings intrigues me though (I haven't heard/read any reviews though)...the only thing is, I'm REALLY split on the Wii. I hated the idea at first, then preordered one, then cancelled, and I've been on/off about getting one since then.

One thing that bothers me (mainly with Secret Rings) is just how hyper the advert made it look...is the game really that...er...active?

Camera is a problem in Sonic on 360. I played the demo at my friend's house, and that was enough (the game glitched about four times within the one level demo!). Sonic on Wii solves the camera problem by taking camera control away from the player. Although that leads to one problem, while much smaller a problem than bad camera control - walking backwards is extremely difficult! Thankfully you don't have to deal with this too much.
Oh, and for the record Secret Rings has scored quite well with the critics.

And the Wii adverts always make games look more hyperactive than they are. The worst one I've seen is a French ad for excite truck where the two guys playing the game are EXTREMELY hyper!

Deadly Strike is just about the worst game that I have ever played, it was ??2.97 at one point and I used it to bump my Amazon Order to over ??15 for free delivery.
It's part of the Simple 2000 series in Japan and you know that means uber cheapness as far as the games are concernced.

First we'll start off with the graphics. The character models are PS1 era but not even good for a PS2 game! The backgrounds consist of pre-rendered CG which probably took 1p off their 10p budget.
The music stops when it's finished, leaving a gaping pause - oh and don't let me get started about the game itself! Think of it as a bad Streets Of Rage set in feudal Japan with modern day characters. I think I made it actually sound good there, but just avoid at all costs.

Not even worth the CD it was pressed on. :p
________
BUY VAPIR OXYGEN

It's usually certain aspects of games that get up my nose, rather than individual games being complete pants, though a few do spring to mind:

A lot of the budget games, particularly released on the Simple 2000 series and released by 505 games are beyond the pale. They aren't even finished products half the time, absolutely abysmal.

Freakout/Stretch Panic suffered from the same problem - celebrated dev. Treasure decided to treat gamers to little more than a tech demo with some bosses. Treasure love their bosses, and the bosses love them right back, that's fine. What isn't fine is the floaty control of the character, the completely wasted stretch mechanic (there's precious little to actually do with it) and the best bit of all - outside of the bosses themselves, there is only one, uno, ein, singular non-plural enemy type in the platform style levels. One!

The way the game works is that points are needed to unlock the bosses from the central hub and to perform the attack that lets you properly defeat them. These points can only be obtained from the 'platform' style stages by defeating the single enemy type. Hence in order to get through the bosses (the one element of the game the developer could be bothered to finish) the player has to repeatedly go through these stages getting the better of this enemy. The game would have been pretty decent if they'd actually sat down and made some proper platforming levels and adjusted the controls.

Some games get halted part of the way and reworked into something else (like Silent Hill 4), it seems instead they just pushed this one out for release. Bizarre.

Sonic for the 360 is another gobbler. I hold my hand up, I thought you guys were being whingers when you said it was c-c-c-c-crud, but having played it I think even less than ye do :S Obnoxious is the word I'd sum the game up as. The camera is all over the place, to the point of irritation, the floaty controls drive me up the wall and I can quite happily say that this turd will never grace my 360 again. I cannot believe that 2D platformers for non-portables have been made extinct in exchange for floaty-controlling garbage like this.

Back