Word

Spee

Brigade Leader
Hello everyone.

Hmm, what to say about me? Well, my real name's Peter and I'm a 19 year-old student at MMU (for the time being).

First got into anime at the age of 12 when by chance I saw Space Adventure Cobra on a Friday night, back when Sci-Fi actually showed anime. I watched Megazone 23 III the following week and I was hooked. Probably the anime that had the most profound effect on me was Evangelion (duh) - it changed my views on life in a philosophical sense. As soon as Sci-Fi started repeating all the anime they had, I thought it would be best if I ventured out and bought some that they didn't show, hence Evangelion really.

That was a while back. I never really thought I'd still be watching anime 7 years on. If anything, my love for it has increased, as have my horizons. I try and find out what's hot in America so that I can buy it in the event it comes here. It actually took me a few years to get into manga as well - most notably with Planet Ladder and Maison Ikkoku. My library always seems to be increasing as the weeks go by. My favourite anime are Naruto (which I can't believe might be on TV at the end of this year), FLCL, Lain and Last Exile. I'm really happy about how well the UK anime industry seems to be doing. I used to rue that I wasn't old enough/interested in the early 90s, the last zenith of anime here; now is a better time though - much more in variety and quality is coming out. Just looking at this year shows you how far the industry has come.

If anyone would like to know anything else about me, just ask. :)

Welcome to the forums Spee! , certainly have a wide range of anime and manga in your favourites! :)

Look forward to reading future posts from you!

Why thank you!

Yeah, it used to be mainly sci-fi based (since that was basically all Manga Ent. put out) but now it's broadened somewhat. Now if they'd just release a nice FLCL box-set here..... 8)

Welcome to the forums! it's good to see yet another Eva and Last Exile fan here. you aren't spee from the UKA forums, are you? in which case, hello again. ;)

Spee said:
I used to rue that I wasn't old enough/interested in the early 90s, the last zenith of anime here; now is a better time though - much more in variety and quality is coming out. Just looking at this year shows you how far the industry has come.

It was a very frustrating time for an anime fan; I can assure you :lol:
The here and now is a far nicer place for anime fans in the UK!

Welcome to the forum :D

Concrete badger said:
Welcome to the forums! it's good to see yet another Eva and Last Exile fan here. you aren't spee from the UKA forums, are you? in which case, hello again. ;)

Of course! There's only one of me thankfully! :lol:

Back