Will finally stop lurking and say hello!

Linkachu

Completely Average High School Student
Hello! I've been lurking Anime UK News for some time now and finally wanted to properly introduce myself. :)

My name is Katie and I'm close friends/work with @Demelza and @Teapot on another website. While I don't live in the UK, my country of residence being Canada, I've long enjoyed reading the UK industry news, reviews, and forum discussions of Anime UK News. It's interesting seeing the various differences between the North American and UK anime/gaming markets.

I've been a big fan of JRPGs and anime since I was a youngster. A few (and I do stress the "few") of my favourite game franchises would be the older Final Fantasy titles, Wild Arms, the Tales Of series, Pokemon, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Animal Crossing, but more recent favourite games include Fantasy Life, Yokai Watch, and Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

Anime-wise, I grew up on Astroboy, Dragon Ball, and Ranma 1/2, but later came to love the likes of Sailor Moon, the Slayers, Tenchi Muyo, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Fushigi Yugi, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, and CCS. Nowadays my top favourites also include Fairy Tail, Soul Eater, both series of Fullmetal Alchemist, Madoka Magica, Ghost in the Shell SAC, Digimon, Gosick, the Pet Girl of Sakurasou, Shakugan no Shana, Noragami... The list goes on. ^^;

In the past (before bills haunted my wallet) I actively bought anime and manga much more than I do now. I'll still pick up the occasional anime series that I adore/plan to rewatch or share with others (particularly my younger sisters) but for the most part I stream my shows via Crunchyroll, Netflix, or Funimation. I tend to pick up anything of interest season to season but also enjoy digging through catalogue titles, too. It's nice always having something on the back burner for when I'm waiting on my simulcasts.

Manga-wise, I've been slowly collecting Dengeki Daisy, Soul Eater, and Pokemon Adventures, but I also read Kiss Him, Not Me and Fairy Tail via Crunchyroll's manga app. I have many light novels sitting around my bedroom but I've yet to read a single one cover to cover. I'm a terrible person.

I think that's enough rambling. :'D
Once again, nice to meet you all! Hopefully I can start lurking a bit less and actually join in discussions. We'll see.

Welcome! Always good to have fresh blood to add to the conversations - we can ramble a fair bit at times ;-)

Welcome to the forums Katie, I hope you enjoy your time here :)

I love your Lina avater, Slayers is such a awesome series. I look forward to talking to you about video games as it seems we have a lot of favourite series in common.

Thank you very much for the warm welcomes! It's really appreciated. I'm looking forward to joining in some of the various discussions here, too. :)

@Rena Ryuugu @Rui - I salute you both! For better or worse the Slayers series stole my heart years ago and has yet to give up that #1 spot. ^^

@Demelza - I'll do my best! :D

Back