Wi-Fi; your thoughts?

shira

Shinigami
Someone on my facebook newsfeed just linked to this, and it was... interesting. I'm sure they're being biased here; but they make some good points.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KN7VetsCR2I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KN7VetsCR2I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

So, do you think using your Computer to make this post (as there's a fair chance you're using wireless) is killing you?

I'm not using wireless because it's ****. Convenient, but ****. And highly unlikely to be killing me even if I was using it.

Ian Wolf said:
The Daily Mail: WI-FI CAUSES CANCER!

I thought it was Carrots?

*insert facepalm.jpg*

This is ********, I work as a secondary school teacher and even though there maybe radiation, its next to miniscule amounts. I think that the convenience outweighs the health issues anyway.

The false and unbelievable balls people come out with these days ¬___¬

Right, If you have any idea how blue tooth or inferred works, wifi is essentially the same thing, data can be sent between two or more points using airwaves to connect. There are health implications i've learnt about, such as reducing fertility of reproduction organs, but the only way this will have a impact on you is if you sit there for 5 hours a day with a laptop on your lap. and thats not the main cause of the infertility. the main cause to it is the coolant process of a laptop.

Here's a quote from wikipedia ( i know its not the best for being exact/true but i learnt this in college too )

A study by State University of New York researchers found that heat generated from laptops can raise the temperature of the user's lap when balancing the computer on one's lap, potentially putting sperm count at risk. The study, which included roughly two dozen men aged 21 to 35, found that the sitting position required to balance a laptop can raise scrotum temperature by as much as 2.1 °C (3.78 °F). However, further research is needed to determine whether this directly affects sterility in men.

A 2010 study of 29 males published in Fertility and Sterility found that males who kept their laptops in their laps experienced scrotal hyperthermia in which their scrotal temperatures increased by up to 2 C. The resulting heat increase, which could not be offset with a laptop cushion, may increase male infertility

There's been speculation over all wireless devices causeing cancer or affecting bodies in adverse affects, these are completely circumstantial. in most cases i'd find out abit of back history before taking things as red, for instance a guy could go into a hospital with pains in his head.... keeps saying its the wifi.... turns out he's dehydrated/been playing too much and gave himself a headache/using headphones/ any number of reasons.

This blind "blame game" has been going on since the first tech was built. Some people don't understand technology, so they blame it when something goes wrong, even if its not to blame.

Zin5ki said:

Perhaps Danbooru's server is down.

oh+you.jpg

Back