Why Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind isn’t sold Blu Ray + DVD Combo like the rest of Studio Ghibli’s Flims in the UK?

ShaherMia

Completely Average High School Student
Can anyone tell me why isn’t Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind sold on Blu Ray + DVD Combo like the rest of Studio Ghibli’s Flims in the UK? I can only find Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind on Blu Ray like single without DVD

Maybe because its not technically a Ghibli. 😉

I have the steelbook and that has Blu-ray and DVD.

I assume Nausicaa was the first Ghibli Blu-ray release over here and for some reason they never updated it to a combi or gave it a slipcover to match the others.

Edit: Ponyo at least came earlier... Its a mystery. 🤔

Arrietty is the same. I had to buy the DVDs for both when I gave away all my DVDs from my combis to my little sister.
There is a "Deluxe" Edition of that with both, but I'm not sure what makes it Deluxe compared to all the other Ghibli combis?

Arrietty is the same. I had to buy the DVDs for both when I gave away all my DVDs from my combis to my little sister.
There is a "Deluxe" Edition of that with both, but I'm not sure what makes it Deluxe compared to all the other Ghibli combis?

They use digipaks and come with art cards.

cover_ponyo_se_uk.jpg

Different company to the UK. That looks like GKids which would be a fairly new release as Disney used to have the rights in America.
Who distribute in the UK? StudioCanal? Why don’t they do the same as GKids, release Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind on Blu Ray + DVD?

Who distribute in the UK? StudioCanal? Why don’t they do the same as GKids, release Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind on Blu Ray + DVD?
Studio Canal does have the UK rights for Nausicaa, but as many mentioned before it was released in separate formats first under the older label Optimum Releasing. There was a steelbook release later down the title that did keep the combo pack format.

Might be best to ask them directly if they’re ever planning on re-releasing it as a combi-pack. The style of Blu-ray release fits in with the others in the series though, if you really want a DVD copy as well you could buy it separately and stick them both in a double disc Blu-ray case.

Might be best to ask them directly if they’re ever planning on re-releasing it as a combi-pack. The style of Blu-ray release fits in with the others in the series though, if you really want a DVD copy as well you could buy it separately and stick them both in a double disc Blu-ray case.
I contacted them days ago about it, I didn’t get no reply

You're so lucky! I've looked everywhere for a nausicaa of the valley of the wind combo. Where did you get yours?
He made the cover himself. It's just the Blu-ray with a fake cover basically.

There is a collectors edition, but when I went to find a link the reviews said it's buggered due to the wrong film on BOTH discs! I checked mine and they're correct, both discs have Whisper of the Heart on them!

Back