Which Next-Gen console do you want?

demonj007

Brigade Leader
Well the Xbox 360 has been out now for nearly two months and has started off the new set of Next-Gen consoles with PS3 and the Nintendo Revolution to follow later this year, i was just wondering which people have or plan to follow these new set of consoles or are you quite happy with there current gen consoles with Standard Definition (ST) features?

Personnally i really like the look of the Xbox 360 and the High Definition (HD) features yet because i know of the higher specs and the games of the up and coming PS3 console i am going to get myself a top of the range HD LCD TV just for the console!

The Revolution, which does look like its going to be revolutionary in a gameplaying sense but with less polished specs than that of the 360 and the PS3 can it really compete?

Of course i havent got time to list all the pros and cons of the systems but do you think that the consoles will sell because of their new content or the fanbase? Is a PS2 fanboy likely to switch to Nintendo instead of the PS3 because of its unique features or is and Xbox diehard going to stay with Microsoft just because of the "Xbox" logo?

I want a better PC :p

If I was to force myself to get a console, i'd probably go for the Revolution. When I think about what each console would get me, I think this:

360: A very high percentage of games already available on the PC, few worthwhile exclusives. Backwards compatability with Barbie Horse Adventures.

PS3: A high percentage of games already available on the PC, a few more worthwhile exclusives. The next 3 de-evolutions in the Final Fantasy series. A chance to get violated by Sony's hype machine.

Revolution: An entire catalogue of crazy **** games that no-one in their right mind would put on a PC. Ever. A controller that will make me look like an utter fool when using it. Far, far fewer new games than both other consoles, but access to an extended catalogue of older games that I could never be inclined to own before. The special feeling you get from being the only person you know who chanced Nintendo's non-handheld console. Good in-room multiplayer games. No online support. The right to claim that "game x is the best game ever" knowing full well that 99% of other gamers will never play the game to realise that actually , you're talking complete **** (this is so true of N64 era games it makes me cry).

So there. For an avid PC gamer, Revolution is the least worst console to get hold of.

im just waiting for my ps3 now early this year about 2 weeks before crimbo i put 2gether my new sli rig top everything

Cpu-- AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ (over clocked)
RAM-- 4GB of high perfromane RAM
HDD-- Dual 200gb
GPU-- Dual Nvidia Geforce 7800GTX Ultra SLI

so im set with that for the next 3 years lol and got my 360 on the release day so im just waiting for ps3 now i was thinking of getting the rev but its just not gonna have the games i really dont like mario he wasnt cool when i was young and putting him in a novetly go cart doesnt make the game any diffrent.lol

I think the Revolution looks neat (as in it's compact just like the gamecube), so I'll probably go for that one. Quite frankly I'm impressed with the specs for all three of them since I've never owned a console! :p

I don't think the Revolution looks good, but I do like the look of the PS3. I'm not planning on getting one, but I prefer the PS3. The 360 is just as big and I don't think it looks that good.

One thing I don't like the look of is the pad for the Revolution, the remote control thing. It is inventive and original, but I don't think it will help with playing games, and it kinda looks fidely. Then again, you can use the remote thing as a sword, which would be good fun :D

i can't wait to get a revolution...it looks really good, the 360..well i will be getting that nearer my birthday which is just under 2 weeks away..and the PS3...i dunno..i ain't too sure about it yet..

I was planning to get an Xbox 360 at first, but changed my mind as I didn't like the look of the games out for it when it was released and the games that will be released in the near future, plus I have a normal Xbox which still has good games coming out for it, so I'll be getting a PS3, as they have a wider range of games which appeal to me more.

Personally I think Im going to get them all, now that I have a job but no bills to pay i can pretty much waste my money so im obviously going to get a Xbox 360 first (but i need a hd tv first though). Im most looking forward to the Revolution I think, just because it looks different, not sure that wailing my arm around will seem to applealing if im tired though.

My brother has an XBOX 360 and it is fantastic fun to play. The only game I have spent any time on is Call of Duty 2, and the graphics, gameplay and intuitive AI are all fantastic. Definitely the most enjoyable FPS I have played in a while.

With a nice big PC in front of my I won't be buying any next gen consoles for a very long time. Certainly not until they are about £200 (maybe a year and half after release?).

I'm fairly sure that the PS3 will once again dominate the market due to the wealth of games they will offer, but then again releasing Halo 3 at the same time the PS3 comes out may prove to be a great move by Microsoft.

Popster said:
My brother has an XBOX 360 and it is fantastic fun to play. The only game I have spent any time on is Call of Duty 2, and the graphics, gameplay and intuitive AI are all fantastic. Definitely the most enjoyable FPS I have played in a while.

Graahics yes but i can still have it played on the pc and the controls for the pc are perfect for fps. Unlike Xbox 360's control. AI is pretty much the bog standard run and throw grenade or hide and shoot. Nothing really outstanding.

With a nice big PC in front of my I won't be buying any next gen consoles for a very long time. Certainly not until they are about £200 (maybe a year and half after release?).

I'm fairly sure that the PS3 will once again dominate the market due to the wealth of games they will offer, but then again releasing Halo 3 at the same time the PS3 comes out may prove to be a great move by Microsoft.

I will go for the revolution even though nintendo are slow at releasing games it is the quality of the games that matter .As more or less the next gen concoles are Xbox 360 and ps3 all competing for the same higher graphics/on line play market. Revolution is gonig the alternative path and creating unique gameplay. Mean look at the DS everyone was critiscing the crap out of the touch screen. But now look people are accepting it with good grace. I reckon people are affraid of change and stick to what they know staying with ps3 and Xbox 360. While Nintendo are doing something different for once. Stick to the master of gaming. More or less either evolve or suffer. It's time for change and not stuck on a cycle of who has got the best pixels. People how have played games for many years know that gameplay is what matter over graphics galore. i know that ps3 going to win again and nintendo is gonna kick 360's ass. ^^

I don't care for specs or loyalty. I go for the games! That is the point of a games console (in my eyes, anyway).

You know the Playstation 3's going to have good support from the game makers simply because it's popular. There'll definitely be a wide choice of good games regardless of how much guff there is as well.

Xbox 360's seems to be more focused with online gaming. Good machine, but this direction of gaming doesn't really interest me so much at the moment, sorry!

Revolution looks nice as it'll have a lot of games which you can't get anywhere else. (PS3 and the 360 look like they'll be sharing a lot of the same games further down the line) I like gaming oddities, so this looks good to me.

PS3 first, and then maybe a Revolution if I'm feeling rich.

Back