Whats your favourite Final Fantasy?

Tessai

Dandy Guy, in Space
I would make this a poll but theres quite a few of them (what with FF tactics, X-2, that one on the gamecube etc) so there you go.

My vote goes to FF7.

The best story, the best characters and Sephiroth is one of the hardest baddies ever.

I bought it on its release date and i still play it now

My vote goes to FFIX. I loved the characters so much, I started crying at the ending when you find out Vivi (my favourite FF character of all time) died.

My second favourite is FFVII. It was the first RPG I ever played.

Last edited by a moderator:
From 7 onwards, I've completed them all (apart from 11 which I havn't played)

I've dabbled with the playstation budget releases (1+2, 3+4 etc), I plan to get Tactics but I never got crystal chronicles (mainly bacause of the multiplayer aspect)

Ive only played on the most recent ones, so I dont think it's worth me giveing my opinion...but seven seems like the best from what Ive heard.

It may have its faults, but 10 is my favourite, just because I like the CTB and the ability to swap characters in and out of the party. 7 has a special place though for being my first ever RPG.

VII (since it's the only one I completed all those years ago), followed closely by Tactics (which I'm still working through) and VI.

Also include Chrono Trigger and Vagrant Story in there, even though they aren't strictly Final Fantasy.

VII all the way but i also like I,II,III,IV,V,VI,VIII,IX,X,X2,Tactics, Chocobo racing, Chocobo Dungeon and online, hang on thats all of them, oh well the whole series ROCKS

Tactics > all. Really, its a bit like a medieval strategy RPG with the FF elements tagged on (Summons, Chocobos, Cloud), but it's probably better for it. A brilliant story without the unnecessary over the top what the f***ery of the main series FFs.

Shame Square Europe were even thicker back then than they are now, hence we never got the damned game... thank god for bluetack and swap disks...

My favorite main series FF is FFVI. Great story, and it's brilliant how the last half of the game is one big optional side quest. Certainly got the best selection of characters ever: there were so many you could mix and match your favorites. Plus, the female characters were the leads AND without all that Spice Girls psuedo-feminist bull crap that "FFX-2: Attack of the Yawn" rammed down your throat.

Oh, and like the Levi Jeans guy, FF games were wonderful until they broke their silence. FFX's voice "acting" had my clutching at my ears. The pain!

My favourite Final Fantasy is VIII, hands down.

Mainly because of the cahracters and the development...but still...It was a brilliant game...with FFVII coming a close second

Back