What you guys doing right now.

memorium

Za Warudo
The Time Traveller said:
I've been reading the Lord of the Rings recently, finished the Hobbit last week.

Felt like changing my forum avatar...
I still haven't finished LOTR, The Hobbit is a good book though, probably my favourite
 

The Time Traveller

Brigade Leader
memorium said:
The Time Traveller said:
I've been reading the Lord of the Rings recently, finished the Hobbit last week.

Felt like changing my forum avatar...
I still haven't finished LOTR, The Hobbit is a good book though, probably my favourite

How far have you gotten?

I'm up to Book 2 Chapter 3 of The Fellowship of the Ring, "The Ring Goes South", Chapter 15 of the whole book really. It says at the start that it shouldn't be called a trilogy since it's meant to be one book, but it's still counted as 6 books on the inside.

I never even knew the story of the Hobbit but I always assumed it must be boring if they didn't make a film of it before the trilogy and now I know why they didn't make it.

My copies of the 2 books are said to be from 2005, but I only got them at the start of the month, my mum's been reading them too with her copies from the '70s. :D


I'm gonna try to read both books again in a year, before Christmas, when the Hobbit Part 1 comes out in cinemas, then again the next year and make a thing of it. I know Christopher Lee has read it EVERY YEAR for decades so I want to get in on that action. :lol:
 

mangaman74

Akatsuki
The Lord of the Rings is probably my most read book. I have an old complete paperback version - it contains all three books plus has an appendix at the back.

I have also read the Hobbit - my older brother got a copy when he brought the game on the Spectrum
 

Tachi

Mushi-shi
Can't say i've read the LOTR books, but i have read the Hobbit, many times over and the story never gets old, can completely understand why christopher lee would read it every year.

OT: just sat in work, though i shouldn't be, my head has a splitting headache, eyes don't want to tolerate light at all, and i wouldn't mind another few hours sleep :p
 

memorium

Za Warudo
Speaking of The Hobbit, I actually whipped it out yesterday to read it again, I love it how simple it actually is, something that alot of Fantasy nowdays needs to take note of in my opinion, It's probably one of the few things that really gives me a sense of adventure which I rarely see in just about any medium of entertainment.

OT: Just been playing a bit of Minecraft and my god building a library is a time consuming effort.
 

Tachi

Mushi-shi
memorium said:
Speaking of The Hobbit, I actually whipped it out yesterday to read it again, I love it how simple it actually is, something that alot of Fantasy nowdays needs to take note of in my opinion, It's probably one of the few things that really gives me a sense of adventure which I rarely see in just about any medium of entertainment.

OT: Just been playing a bit of Minecraft and my god building a library is a time consuming effort.


Hahaha :p
 

Zin5ki

Railgun
Something is odd. Something is amiss.

My Colgate toothpaste followed by mint-flavoured Listerine leaves a mild fishy after-taste alongside the usual sensations.

Perhaps the members of the entente are simply ill-suited to one another.
 

memorium

Za Warudo
Tachi- said:
memorium said:
Speaking of The Hobbit, I actually whipped it out yesterday to read it again, I love it how simple it actually is, something that alot of Fantasy nowdays needs to take note of in my opinion, It's probably one of the few things that really gives me a sense of adventure which I rarely see in just about any medium of entertainment.

OT: Just been playing a bit of Minecraft and my god building a library is a time consuming effort.


Hahaha :p
Of course, ANYTHING can be seen as suggestive with a dirty mind :lol:

EDIT: I've just been trying to download a texture pack for minecraft, only to find that it isn't compatible with my version of the game, guess it's time to uninstall it then :evil:
 
You know when you are on facebook and someone sends you a friends request, but although you seem to share mutual friends, you can't for the life of you figure out who they are???
 

memorium

Za Warudo
Manga Girls said:
You know when you are on facebook and someone sends you a friends request, but although you seem to share mutual friends, you can't for the life of you figure out who they are???
I get that all the time, 9 out of 10 times I never seem to know who the hell they are, I guess they just add you because you have a few mutuals
 

ayase

State Alchemist
Manga Girls said:
You know when you are on facebook...
You lost me right there.

I would be on Facebook if I didn't have an entirely unique name. And if my past wouldn't in all probability come back to haunt me due to this fact. And if I actually wanted my personal life and work life to intertwine (I get friggin' friend requests from customers through my work e-mail).

I do actually have an (entirely blank) profile under a pseudonym, but then anyone who's ever sent me an e-mail probably gets that pseudonym in their "people you mights know" list and as such can probably guess that it's me anyway. Such is the creepy power of Facebook.



On topic: looking at people I know on Facebook through my mute, characterless, friendless account with a mixture of jealousy and disdain. The internet really has become like real life.
 

Jaymii

Baka Ranger
ayase said:
On topic: looking at people I know on Facebook through my mute, characterless, friendless account with a mixture of jealousy and disdain. The internet really has become like real life.
Are you me?

Also, have you seen The Social Network?
 

memorium

Za Warudo
Arbalest said:
memorium said:
Watching Totalhalibut playing Bulletstorm

Wise choice. watch his magicka playthrough with Yogscast while you're at it. Well worth it.

As for me, about to start more dissertation writing, woo.
I've been watching his collaborative LP with the Yogscast as well, I'm glad they're doing more parts again, I thought it died when I saw nothing for about 3 days, currently waiting for the Yogscast to continue with their Minecraft series as well.
 
Top