• Rurouni Kenshin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trigun

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

teonzo

Straw Hat Pirate
I'm wondering which series to watch next, I'm thinking about these 5 choices. Besides Trigun they are pretty long, for example I think it would take me about 1 month to watch Kenshin.
Suggestions are welcome, thanks.

Teo

Princess Tutu! It's relatively short and lovely. I'm not wholly sure you'll like it, but it's still worth a watch.

R

I'd say Eureka 7, whatever people tell you there are points where it is flawed and its certainly not perfect, in fact I'd buck the usual trend of love and say I thought it was reasonable to decent but nothing more, but there is plenty for people to enjoy.

It also, for once, has a reasonably well rounded subromance where people actually admit they like each other rather than skirting the subject for 99.9% of a series.

Edit:
Here's what I said about it elsewhere after watching the show, seems it was quite literally a year ago, bar a week or two. I don't think this is too spoilery but I have blocked it out just in case:

At the half way mark

About half way through it at the moment, and I'm enjoying it, but perhaps not so much as the hype. I figure I'm into what you'd consider part 2.

I do like a good romance though so I'm glad to see they're not beating about the bush with this series and it's playing a prominent role. From the way things have been set so far, I get the feeling a lot of the 'huh' things will be cleared up later on, and sometimes the pacing can be a little frustrating (beyond the relationship, you're not always really sure where things are headed in terms of plot), but it's interesting and a little different to most mecha/romance shows I've seen.

Just a shame it wasn't produced in 5.1 or 16:9 given its only 5/6 years old.

After I'd finished

Finished Eureka 7 last night; similar thoughts to what I was thinking at the half way point, a nice series but perhaps not quite as good as I've seen it hyped up to be. A lot more of the plot clicked into place later in the series as I'd expected it would; and it was nice to see the romance remained a focus right up til the end, rather than being dropped as a lot of shows have a want to do later on in the run.

I rewatched the final half of the last episode this morning as I was a bit tired when I saw it last night. This helped me revise my views on the ambiguity of the very ending slightly; as a sentence or two confirmed a little more than I'd picked up on last night and initially I'd not been too happy with how ambiguous I felt the ending of the final episode seemed in certain ways.
That said, even with this revision on my thoughts on the very ending, I still feel the overall plotting and execution of the final plot segment of the series was perhaps the part I enjoyed the least. I'm not 100% quite what it was, but something about the ending didn't feel quite right or coherant compared to the way the show and the plot had developed before hand, and I felt dissapointed they took it the route they did with the ending; it was nice to see the core love story finish on a high note; but I feel better justice could have been done to some of the other characters and plot elements that had been interwoven up to that point; and with a few less plot holes at the end.

Would probably give the overall show 8.5/10.
Good overall series, which often used it's length to it's advantage (although not always as there at least a few episodes that felt a bit filler-y).
That said I don't think the series did itself full justice towards the end, and given it was a 2005-2006 show, lack of widescreen or better/surround audio was a letdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote Trigun because it's the only one I've seen :p I've just started Eureka myself but in the first five eps it's not grabbed me the way that Trigun did in its first so...

Back