What old anime is everyone currently watching?

The original Tenchi Series (does that count)? Um what do you count as an old series?

I don't watch too many old series as there are so many new ones I am currently into.

I'm watching tenchi universe, which is about 9 years old. if you count that.

i would consider old anime anything before 1990.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
Rewatching Trigun, if you count that as old.

I tried rewatching that a few weeks ago but I always find myself skipping episodes to get to my fave ones or just rewatching the best ones.

I am loving some of my oldish movies like Laputa Castle in the Sky, not one of Ghiblis best but still very entertaining

Old series, huh?
Watching Legend of the Galactic Heroes which is about 18 years old, does that count?
Funny thing is, while the animation is poor (as you'd expect), the story is actually quite good. A fairly realistic space opera show - the source of the parody in Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi ep. 11 (the computer game).

McIcy said:
I tried rewatching that a few weeks ago but I always find myself skipping episodes to get to my fave ones or just rewatching the best ones.
Some of my favourites are the first ones. I like the whole series (except the clip show) but some of the first 8 are among my top episodes.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
McIcy said:
Some of my favourites are the first ones. I like the whole series (except the clip show) but some of the first 8 are among my top episodes.

really? thats funny as i usually watch the last ones over and over.Or any one with Wolfwood in really.So i usually skip to those ones.In fact i dont think ive watched some of the earlier episodes more then once.

Had Samurai Gold arrived in this morning's post. It's on VHS which kinda makes it old by default. (I heard it's crap, but thought I'd try it anyway as you can't get it on DVD - Pointless purchase ftw! :) ) Will watch it soon...

I'm watching Gasaraki, although that counts as 'unfairly overlooked' as much as 'old'. For whatever reason, I prefer the angular mid-90s character designs over the slicker looking modern ones but maybe that's just me.

I've also been watching the occasional episode of Hayao Miyazaki's Future Boy Conan, which predates even Castle of Cagliostro! It's a great adventure though.

I just finished watching desert punk. Not a bad series i think its often described as the japanese south park! It has been very hit and miss with my friends though. Its basically one big tits and **** joke lol!

yethboth said:
Grey: Digital Target is a good title to look out for. :)
I've been after that one for a while. Thanks for the recommendation, I'm more determined to get it now! :D

Oh and of course the Ushio and Tora anime is ftw! 8) (I'm in the minority, but I prefered the UK Western Connection version to the cleaner ADV one)

Back