What manga are you reading now?

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
The Quintessential Quintuplets vol 11
Memories of the past 6 years and summer vacation.
The first 4 chapters deal with the first one to meet Futaro and the subsequent years. Interesting to see that the meeting was the catalyst for the Quints to start becoming more individual with Yotsuba putting her ribbon in because she got annoyed with Ichika talking with Futaro after being the one that spent the day with him and then the end of the 4th chapter is heartbreaking when she seems to have given up on loving him for the sake of which ever sister he chooses despite being in love with him ever since that day! Sad for my favourite 😢

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
The Quintessential Quintuplets vol 12
Their final school festival, a non-committal confession, and Nino and Ichika's POV of events before and after (the other 3 get the same treatment in the next volume).

D1tchd1gger

Flame Haze
The Quintessential Quintuplets vol 14 (complete)
And the winner is...
I'm not telling you! You'll have to wait till the movie or read it yourself 😜 Although if you really want a clue, my favourite won!
Overall it was quite a fun read and on the odd occasion quite moving. The final volume wasn't the best, as once the winner was chosen we didn't get much time with the 2 of them together as couple, and there were 2 "it was all a dream" fake outs including one right at the end which was more than a tad confusing.
Art wise it stayed fairly consistent, but apart from a handful of panels (actually it was mainly the double page spreads) there was nothing too amazing. The girls were all pretty cute, but because of the quint thing there was no variation. The mangaka must have thought it a stroke of genius at first, but was probably bored of drawing the same body over and over again by the end.
8/10