What Games Are You Playing?

Dai

Hunter
I got the free PS5 upgrade for Final Fantasy VII Remake and it was just as great playing it a second time. If anything, I think it helped knowing the weird direction it goes at the end, and that aspect of it worked better for me this time. Also, this was already an amazing looking game on PS4, but the subtle improvements on PS5 push it to higher quality than Advent Children in some ways, which is just insane.

I also bought the Episode INTERmission DLC where you play as Yuffie. They did a great job of making her combat style feel like a ninja while retaining her playful immaturity. It's a solid expansion that took me about 7.5 hours including all the optional stuff. I was particularly surprised that I enjoyed the new version of the Fort Condor mini-game, since I always dread the boredom of that part in the original. It's been redesigned to flow faster, though weirdly you can't issue direct commands to units anymore.

DragoStark

Student Council President
I 100% finished Re:Zero - Starting Life In Another World: The Prophecy Of The Throne on PS4

Next up on the PS4 is another visit to Nier:Automata. I finished the first route but never did the rest so I think it's time to complete the game fully.

Dai

Hunter
I went back to Life is Strange: True Colors and played through the rest of it. It's an excellent, heart-felt story that presents some choices that really had me worrying about the potential consequences, but everything built to a satisfying resolution. The recent patches for the PS5 version have smoothed out the framerate issues and fixed the more noticeable bugs, making for a much more polished experience.

Geriatric hedgehog

Magical Girl
Next up on the PS4 is another visit to Nier:Automata. I finished the first route but never did the rest so I think it's time to complete the game fully.
Nier does some nice trickery with the so called endings, given that the first ending is actually less than halfway through the full story. Very nicely scratches that itch of wanting to carry on experiencing the story and playing a game you've enjoyed, without having to resort to buying separate DLCs.

DragoStark

Student Council President
Nier does some nice trickery with the so called endings, given that the first ending is actually less than halfway through the full story. Very nicely scratches that itch of wanting to carry on experiencing the story and playing a game you've enjoyed, without having to resort to buying separate DLCs.
You're right about that. The second route was a bit too similar to retain my attention the first time round, but I have heard it deviates eventually. I'll stick with the game until the actual "end" this time!

awadama fever

Za Warudo
I started Metroid Dread today. I've never been a big fan of Metroidvania type games, but I'm having fun with this so far.

There have been some really hard parts early on and I seem to be permanently lost, but it's fun!

Adela

Hikikomori
Been playing some Soul Calibur IV in the past few days, trying to get 1,000,000 Gold for the secret achivement, then I'm going to buy Soul Edge, Soul Calibur and complete Chain of Souls and buy all weapons for five characters. BAM. Kill five birds with one stone.

I also completed Lost Odyssey about 30 minutes ago... so sad, I didn't want it to end, but it did, great RPG, far from the best but it was really fun. I liked the drama and intensity towards the end, it was pulled off quite well and obviously there's no sequal getting done and it ended well with all things tyed together. Great music by Uematsu, brilliant dream sequences, epic story-telling with an interesting world. Sakaguchi is the master. Lost Odyssey is everything Final Fanatasy: XII SHOULD have been. Now I only hope that since Square Enix has targeted the 360 for possible RPG investments they don't drive Mistwalker out of business, because that'd be quite bad.

SteadyHandMcDuff

Brigade Leader
maxresdefault (1).jpg

Completed Langrisser 1 HD. I'd never played a Langrisser game before, but I really enjoyed it. I would have liked to have seen some unique boss themes instead of the same one every time, and the new art felt generic but that's probably because of budget constraints.

Last edited: