What Games Are You Playing?

ilmaestro

State Alchemist
Sparrowsabre7 said:
ilmaestro said:
Yeah, it really seems to be hit-and-miss as to what they have left, same with Morrisons who theoretically had a very good sale on, but I couldn't find anything.

Picked up Fallout: New Vegas + DLC in the Steam sale, one of the things I had been waiting for.

Started Rage, too, which I think would have been generally accepted a lot better if it had just been advertised as a pure shooter - under those terms, it is a very enjoyable game.

What else was it advertised as? =S
It was always made out to look like somewhat of an open-world RPG.
 

Mutsumi

Guild Member
ilmaestro said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
ilmaestro said:
Yeah, it really seems to be hit-and-miss as to what they have left, same with Morrisons who theoretically had a very good sale on, but I couldn't find anything.

Picked up Fallout: New Vegas + DLC in the Steam sale, one of the things I had been waiting for.

Started Rage, too, which I think would have been generally accepted a lot better if it had just been advertised as a pure shooter - under those terms, it is a very enjoyable game.

What else was it advertised as? =S
It was always made out to look like somewhat of an open-world RPG.

Where was it advertised as this? The cinema and TV ads I saw also advertised it as purely an FPS.
 
DS: Rune Factory 3 - Probably my game of the year. Er, of last year. So many memorable characters to interact with, great combat, and an almost impossibly massive amount of stuff to do. Raven will be mai waifu.

PS3: Driver San Francisco - Needed a batshit insane story to make the car-hopping conceit work, and somehow Reflections pulled it off. Love the drift-heavy handling and the some of the dialogue is comedy gold.

360: DoDonPachi Resurrection - Bullet heaven. Well, on novice mode anyway. This kind of shooter is exhilarating in a way that few other genres are.

Wii: Skyward Sword - It's all right. Dungeons are enjoyable but everything else feels like a chore. But then I've never been the biggest Zelda fan, so make of that what you will.
 

ilmaestro

State Alchemist
Mutsumi said:
ilmaestro said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
ilmaestro said:
Yeah, it really seems to be hit-and-miss as to what they have left, same with Morrisons who theoretically had a very good sale on, but I couldn't find anything.

Picked up Fallout: New Vegas + DLC in the Steam sale, one of the things I had been waiting for.

Started Rage, too, which I think would have been generally accepted a lot better if it had just been advertised as a pure shooter - under those terms, it is a very enjoyable game.

What else was it advertised as? =S
It was always made out to look like somewhat of an open-world RPG.

Where was it advertised as this? The cinema and TV ads I saw also advertised it as purely an FPS.
All previews in all video game media, for a long time.
 

Mutsumi

Guild Member
ilmaestro said:
Mutsumi said:
ilmaestro said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
ilmaestro said:
Yeah, it really seems to be hit-and-miss as to what they have left, same with Morrisons who theoretically had a very good sale on, but I couldn't find anything.

Picked up Fallout: New Vegas + DLC in the Steam sale, one of the things I had been waiting for.

Started Rage, too, which I think would have been generally accepted a lot better if it had just been advertised as a pure shooter - under those terms, it is a very enjoyable game.

What else was it advertised as? =S
It was always made out to look like somewhat of an open-world RPG.

Where was it advertised as this? The cinema and TV ads I saw also advertised it as purely an FPS.
All previews in all video game media, for a long time.


Can you show me an example, so I can see what you are referring to? I've only seen the TV/cinema ads.
 

Truered

School Idol
Started Saints row 3 a few days ago, my main Christmas present game.

The story feels a bit disjointed, but running and jumping through a windshield, kicking out the driver and speeding away from the police as "Holding out for a hero" starts is most wonderful.
 

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Moderator
In regards to rage and what it's advertised as. It's being advertised as a mash-up between a shooter and a few RPG elements as well as racing elements.. From what i've seen, they are in there, and they do add some bits and pieces to the game, but predominantly, it is a shooter.
 

MercenaryRaiden

Great Teacher
Beat Skyward Sword which I enjoyed, but being left handed and using the wiimote in my right hand made for some interesting "mishaps"

Have been spending most of my nights playing Corpse Party on the psp which...Apart from some extraordinarily weird moments is pretty good.

And then I got Skyrim and my coursework was doomed to never be started on time...Cheers Steam Sales. You've made me broke and rubbish at time keeping!

(Also I'm fairly chuffed, got a comment on Eurogamer's readers top 50 list for my second, so very almost first, game of the year - Yakuza 4! Hadn't noticed that till about 20 minutes ago! :D)
 
MercenaryRaiden said:
(Also I'm fairly chuffed, got a comment on Eurogamer's readers top 50 list for my second, so very almost first, game of the year - Yakuza 4! Hadn't noticed that till about 20 minutes ago! :D)
I saw your comment! One of mine was used for Demon's Souls last year, and for Mario Kart Wii in 2008, but I forgot to vote this year. If I had remembered Yakuza 4 would have topped my list too (didn't play RF3 until after voting closed). What a game. On day I will go back and finish up all the side quests...
 

MercenaryRaiden

Great Teacher
fabricatedlunatic said:
MercenaryRaiden said:
(Also I'm fairly chuffed, got a comment on Eurogamer's readers top 50 list for my second, so very almost first, game of the year - Yakuza 4! Hadn't noticed that till about 20 minutes ago! :D)
I saw your comment! One of mine was used for Demon's Souls last year, and for Mario Kart Wii in 2008, but I forgot to vote this year. If I had remembered Yakuza 4 would have topped my list too (didn't play RF3 until after voting closed). What a game. On day I will go back and finish up all the side quests...

I utterly adore the Yakuza series, which was only narrowly beaten by Dark Souls for me this year, despite its faults. 2 was easily my favourite of the series before 4 came along. I think having 3, even with all of its cuts, shone 4 in an even brighter light thanks to all that content. Fairly sure I spent 40 hours on chapter 1 part 2 when everything opened up!
 

JamesX

Magical Girl
Recently I have been playing Medieval Moves, House of the Dead and Dungeon Defenders... All good games, But Medieval Moves is tiring after a while.
 

Sparrowsabre7

Za Warudo
Had a sudden urge to play a ton of classic platformers so added a load of Sonic DS compilations to my lovefilm list and kept an eye open for New Mario Bros and Sonic Advance on ebay, but then the urge faded and I'm not sure if I still want em lol.

I did own NSMB before but sold it because I wasn't playing it a whole lot. It is good, I just wonder if it's something I'd go back to, I mean I already have Super Mario World on GBA and Super Mario 64 DS so...
 

Aya-Kun

Hunter
Playing a few things still at the moment but was playing Rayman Origins earlier, OMG! that game can be infuriating at times some of those levels....
 

MaxonTreik

Chuunibyou
I just finished Skyward Sword, so I'm wondering what I should play next. I still haven't touched No More Heroes 2 and Mario Galaxy 2, so I might get stuck into one of those. Lot's of Wii gaming over the next few weeks.
 

Sparrowsabre7

Za Warudo
Bit the bullet and re-bought New Mario Bros on ebay for about £15. Ninty games stay pricey for a ridiculously long time. Mario 64 Ds is still £25 new...

Anyways, I'm pretty psyched to play it again, because even though I sold it, it was a lot of fun to play. Also got an eye on Sonic Advance.

Hopefully I'll finish Project Zero II tonight or tomorrow, at the end of chapter 6 (of 9) now. REALLY wish there was a way to remind me of what I'd been doing in it though. Even when I only took a break for a day or two I totally forgot what I was supposed to be looking for...

I really wish that flashback thingy Pokemon Green and Red had would be in more RPG/ long-play style games, where you often leave them for months at a time, or at least an objective/journal screen. Dementium had that handy notepad screen.

Anyway, after I finish PZ2 I intend to replay my Splinter Cell games (Double Agent and Conviction)
 

Max Takeshi

Great Teacher
Carrying on with Skyward Sword. Just done the third dungeon.

Either the game's easy (so far), or I've become some kind of Zen-like being at Zelda games.

Good game, but it does have its issues, sadly.
 

Sparrowsabre7

Za Warudo
Holy mother of Thor. I HATE Project Zero 2's last boss. Not because of difficulty, but because if it kills you (and it's an insta KO btw) you have to go back to your last save. Only problem is, it takes nearly 4 minutes of solid running to get from the last save point to the boss area... It's like that Ladder in Snake Eater, only you can't just hold up and do something else because it's a winding path and you need to hold X to run. What kind of sadists are these devs?
 
Top