What do you think of my posting?

thedoctor2016

Mushi-shi
The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Dannielle said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Animatsu is dropping hints at an Himouto Umaru-Chan acquisition

http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Animat ... ition.html

and by hinting, I mean practically confirming.

Aww yiss

b888496e1cf951906eb14e57d72b6806.gif

Yeah they have as I was accused of shutting on good news and a big show by saying I don't like it l

Re: The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I am thedoctor2016 on Twitter the most disliked UK Anime tweeter and who has an **** taste in anime that offends people as it's so bad I would just like to say that

thedoctor2016 said:
I am thedoctor2016 on Twitter the most disliked UK Anime tweeter and who has an **** taste in anime that offends people as it's so bad I would just like to say that

and this is in the news thread because?

Your taste doesn't offend me, but you're posting habits definitely do :twisted:

thedoctor2016 said:
Becuase it's news to me that people dislike me Becuase of my anime and my posting habits how?

Ok, well take it to the random chit chat thread and make a thread about it there, and we can discuss it, rather than posting it in here :)

Are my posting habits bad?

I have been told I post annoying things and the anime I like annoys people that I like it and I promote it a lot. so do you think I post stupid things, or say the same over and over I would like to know how you feel me as my Twitter account people don't like.

What do you think of my posing habits Are they annoying are they repitive as I do promote the anime I like and want a release for e.g. God eater. I want to get a sense of what people think about me here as Twitter I'm disliked by certain people for liking and post about Free for example.

For me, I don't mind what you post about so long as it's relevant. However, I find your posts very hard to read from a grammatical standpoint. Half the time I struggle to get what you're saying when you post. Try using full stops, commas when posting and try and proof read your posts a little bit more. Everyone has shows they're really into, I don't think I'll ever shut up about Madoka or Kinmoza or K-On, but make sure that when you bring up the shows you like that they're relevant to the discussion at hand. Also, this is more of a pet peeve, if you don't like a show, you shouldn't say that it sucks then just leave it at that. At least explain your points articulately and don't dismiss others who like it just because you don't. Everyone's opinion is equal.

Setting aside the actual motivation behind the question for now, please don't post the same thing twice in two different forums, especially since it has nothing to do with General Anime. It means I have to tidy up after you and that makes me sad. I am going to merge in the posts from the news thread imminently as well so this topic is going to be a mess for a while.

R

Ok, I have now finished extracting this existential crisis from the anime news section, I think.

thedoctor2016, I have surprisingly few opinions about your posting in general. Your taste in anime has nothing to do with your value as a person; I will openly admit that I own and enjoy Queen's Blade, Eiken and Diabolik Lovers and find Miyazaki films boring. People might privately write me off as an idiot for having those opinions, but it doesn't change the fact that I like what I like and I'm not going to apologise (well, maybe about Eiken*).

I think you might be misjudging the problem (as the exchange with britguy shows). Lots of the posters here like the stuff you do. And everyone has some series that they irrationally love more than all others and would defend to the death. But if you think calmly before posting and organise your thoughts you can get your passion across without antagonising other people. Posting in a disruptive way by breaking tiny responses across multiple posts or darting from topic to topic confuses people and makes it difficult to get a handle on how serious you are and what you're trying to say.

Also, you should get an avatar. Of Nagisa or something, so that people feel bad complaining when you gush about Free! ;p

R

* This is a joke.

My only issue is the posting multiple times in a row. That just rubs me up the wrong way.

For some, if they see you posting in 3 or 4 different threads "Why hasn't anybody license God Eater yet" or see a license thread where Anime Limited have licensed their new raft of titles and you post "why don't they license God Eater" a few times, then it might grate on them. The fact you love God Eater is beside the point, enjoy what you enjoy :) Also, sometimes it does seem like you're on your own semi-crusade against ANime Limited and their Mobile Suit Gundam releases when you look at how many times you post about it and how many threads you post it :p

Other than that, you shouldn't care what people think about what anime you like. Who are they to say what you can and cannot enjoy? I enjoy what I enjoy, no-one can tell me what I should like, and no-one can do that to you either. The only difference is I rarely, if ever, promote the shows I like outside of the Anime voting threads, and the rate the anime you just watched thread.

Oh and Twitter is full of ********s, ignoring them is the best option :)

Considering I was caught in the crossfire over on Twitter I will say this.

Doctor I have no problems with you at all. You may post a lot of the forum and that's fine, everyone does that and even I've done the same (mostly for the threads I work on, on my own free will (i.e. Legal Anime Streams, Overseas News and Overseas Artwork)) but there were certain posts where I feel you may have gotten off topic every now and then especially when someone brings up your favourite shows (Free! and God Eater). Everyone is entitled to have an opinion on a show and not everyone can like the same thing, that's pretty much life. If someone doesn't like the shows you like, then that's fine because they have an opinion of their own but you (and they) shouldn't cause an argument over it.

At least think twice when something like this happens again, it might help.

*Disclaimer: I am not the best helper in the world for situations like this.*

Please forgive me if I'm wrong, but do you have aspergers or something along those lines? My Aspie alarm* goes off when you post. If this is true, then I'm more than willing to help you try and manage it better and such. If I'm wrong, then please don't take it personally ^^'

*Because I'm on the autistic spectrum, when I talk to people who have it, or another learning difficulty, an alarm goes off in my head.

No, it's because of my anxiety, and depression. I worry about things and think people don't like me especially when someone, on Twitter was saying having you seen him in certain forums.
Thanks so I will try to write better (using grammar), talk less in separate posts (so I shall edit other ones) and use the general anime threads more.

This might not really be relevant to you but one of my bad habits is that I often feel compelled to respond to people even if it's not entirely necessary. I have to stop myself sometimes, think about what I actually want to say and if it even really needs to be said. I can't say I always succeed, sometimes I just end up sitting looking at the screen for a bit and then feeling silly having wasted my time but I think it's better than posting something I'll regret later (also, sometimes I post things that I regret later).

As an example that comes up fairly often, when someone says they don't like a show that I personally enjoy then I tend to feel compelled to try and convince them that it's great. My first instinct is to wonder why they don't love this awesome thing that I love but then I remember that we're all different and that's (probably) for the best so it's okay to let people stick with their tastes. It's not really about convincing people anyway, if the show itself can't do that then clearly there's some difference in the way we think or our experiences that gives us a different view of the show. I can't say I don't still feel a bit bad about it but, as I see it, it's my responsibility to control that and be fair to others.

I guess if you're trying to convince someone to actually watch something and they're fairly confident they won't like it then it's even worse since they haven't actually tried the show but, again, it's about being reasonable and realistic. People don't have time to watch everything and they have to go with their own feelings on things at times.

I'd say you've had some decent advice in the thread. At least you're willing to hear what people have to say, especially about yourself since that can be a tough topic to try and be objective on (in so far as that's possible anyway).

On an unrelated note, that Himouto gif is awesome and somehow feels kind of appropriate.

Back