What did you RECEIVE today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y-San

Shinki
alexrose1uk said:
More Xmas orders.
Also some bits I bought off a forum member elsewhere:

Ergo Proxy collection for £10, good condition overall.
I also got Tsukihime thrown in as a freebie as no one else had shown interest unfortunately the royal mail managed to smash the case reasonably well and I'm not convinced it'll play as Disc1 especially is pretty badly scratched.

I don't think this is quite what the meme 'There IS no Tsukihime anime' meant :p :D

Sorry, what are you talking about?

alexrose1uk

Straw Hat Pirate
"There is no Tsukihime Anime" is one of the first anime related memes I heard years ago:

http://www.lurkmore.com/wiki/Tsukihime
A typical example.
An occasional protest against the inability of the Tsukihime anime adaption to satisfactorily recreate the entire game in 12 episodes. Commonly cited reasons in the anime are missing or "watered down" fight scenes, character redesigns (most notably the Akiha DVD cover), and explanation being left out of the last scene. This denial of the anime's existence was almost guaranteed to kick up a shitstorm at any given day as other fans, particularly fans of Arcueid - whose route was featured in the anime - come to its defense. At least it isn't yet another power level discussion. However, the official manga follows the anime's plot (Arcueid's route) and it is more loved by /a/ as they see the story setup could be ideally worked into a much better Tsukihime anime

...I'm pretty sure the discs arriving destroyed and possibly unplayable is not the origin of this meme :D

mangaman74

Akatsuki
Received the following today,

Aquarion Complete Collection from Anime-on-Line (haven't opened the parcel yet but it's the only one due from them).

I also got a couple of cheques - one from my brother and one from my dad which I banked this afternoon.

Vashdaman

Za Warudo
^
Manga Girls! Haven't seen you in while, hows your Japanese studies going?

Oh and on the subject of Versailles, apparently I'm a manly fan :p

@vashdaman – Interesting that you ask me that – I have actually moved to Japan for work. Trouble is, everyone seems to want to talk to me in English, so my Japanese is just as bad as it was in London. Will be cramming more Japanese over the Xmas break.

Oh, and manly fans are fine too.^^

Vashdaman

Za Warudo
Manga Girls said:
@vashdaman – Interesting that you ask me that – I have actually moved to Japan for work. Trouble is, everyone seems to want to talk to me in English, so my Japanese is just as bad as it was in London. Will be cramming more Japanese over the Xmas break.

Oh, and manly fans are fine too.^^

Very exciting stuff! If you don't mind me asking, what work are you doing out there?

ilmaestro

State Alchemist
I am (a TRSI package that was sent a couple of weeks ago), but I think you may have overestimated how much of a connection that has to your own issue.

Anywho, today I received Gundam Unicorn v.4 on Blu-ray, with an ace Lavender-hued slipcase.

MercenaryRaiden

Great Teacher
Eden of the East second movie

But that's not what really got my attention. I also received a load of stuff that I ordered for others for christmas. Some dvds for Grandma, Some books and stuff for Mum. But in the middle of all of those was a normal sized envelope address to me. Inside was an invoice and...A car tax disc holder....

...I don't own a car...But it's addressed to me. Maybe it's just some random gift from a seller? Well...No. The buyers name? My Mother. No one in my family currently needs a new tax disc holder...

Maybe i'm just putting 2+2 together and getting 5 (sorry. :D) but...I think I've got a mystery to solve...

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
I received two red slips from Royal Mail, and a green one from City Link. I shall be busy tomorrow picking various things up. Bet none of them are my Star Driver/Unicorn package of awesomeness, though (well, I know the City Link one isn't).

'I' also 'received' my Sengoku Basara movie superset, though I won't actually get it until next week. Store exclusives are annoying.

MercenaryRaiden said:
Maybe i'm just putting 2+2 together and getting 5 (sorry. :D) but...I think I've got a mystery to solve...

That sounds potentially rather exciting :)

R

ilmaestro

State Alchemist
I'm willing to bet one of them is your Star Driver/Unicorn package, Rui, as we seemed to have reached the end of the marked-at-$5 TRSI packages era. :)/:(

To that end, today I received DTB s2, Ika-Musume! pt.2, and Star Driver pt.1 from TRSI. They came through customs unscathed, but as I say were clearly marked at full value on the front of the package.

--

MR's mystery sounds potentially awesome, I just hope he doesn't end up surprise disappointed when it turns out that 2+2 actually makes 3. ^^;

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
Looks like I am having a Star Driver-free weekend after all. Still, nine assorted drama CDs and finally the UN-GO ending single should keep me busy >_>

I sent TRSI a question about the declarations with my last order, so if they confirm that the glory days are over I'm going to be re-combining an awful lot of stuff into massive boxes again to save on clearance fees and shipping. Fun.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.