What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Girls with Guns

Cardcaptor
@Girls with Guns , where do you purchase those posters from and what frames are you using? And I’m same boat as you what Tales from Earthsea concerns, it‘s also one of my favorites.
All of the posters I've shown here I've gotten off of eBay. The B2 posters that I received are all used, Grade B or C, so I don't know how beat up they are going to be. The poster snap frames are SnapeZo brand from Amazon US, and are about $75-$80 each.

@Girls with Guns @Stiivun I'm currently partway through Tales From Earthsea on Netflix so I'll share my thoughts when I've finished it, so far it seems decent albeit not my fave Ghibli, but interesting enough, and uniquely visualized :)
Earthsea just needed a bit more info given to the viewer at the beginning of the movie, to know what is going on better. It may help to lookup an "Earthsea explained" video on Youtube afterwards, if there are any. My daughters loved the villain in this movie, and I think the heroine or "Ghibli Princess" in this one is the cutest of all of them.

Last edited:

João Gomes

Vampire Ninja
I spent so long trying to get this I thought I may have to pay full price! Sacrilege!! Blackwells got some in for £28 though so my being a cheapskate can continue!

View attachment 22826

I also had to break a sweat to get it - as a matter of fact, I had to hunt them down ever since volume 7, I feel like. Not a fan of whatever the hell is happening with the release of the deluxe editions in Europe.

Fortunately, sooner or later, bookdepository always come through!

And Guts finally has the berserker armor 🤤 love the folded posters and the oversized cover art. Truly stunning.

Jon O Fun

Death Scythe
I also had to break a sweat to get it - as a matter of fact, I had to hunt them down ever since volume 7, I feel like. Not a fan of whatever the hell is happening with the release of the deluxe editions in Europe.

Fortunately, sooner or later, bookdepository always come through!

And Guts finally has the berserker armor 🤤 love the folded posters and the oversized cover art. Truly stunning.
I've had every volume from the first pre ordered and somehow Europe always gets it after America. Its been that way since Vol. 1 so they can't really blame covid for it either.

Book Depository will always get it sooner or later as they're owned by Amazon.
Blackwells also have Vol. 10 & 11 up for preorder for £28 so I won't be having to hunt them down!

sniper_samurai

Combat Butler
I've had every volume from the first pre ordered and somehow Europe always gets it after America. Its been that way since Vol. 1 so they can't really blame covid for it either.

Blackwells also have Vol. 10 & 11 up for preorder for £28 so I won't be having to hunt them down!
Odd. I've gotten every volume from my local comic store either a week before or the week of the US release.

João Gomes

Vampire Ninja

Just pre-ordered there - a bit more expensive for me than for you since they include shipping on the book's prices, but easily worth it, still. It would appear they charge at the moment of shipping since I tried ordering without any money on my prepaid card and it went through!

Thanks for the heads up!

Girls with Guns

Cardcaptor
I received one Anime Blu-ray in the mail today from Rightstuf

Kakegurui XX Blu-ray

This was a Rightstuf partial shipment from an order with two Discotek titles that I guess have been delayed, Kenichi Part 2 and the Appleseed OVA, so I'm surprised they shipped out just the one title.

kakeguruixx.jpg

Geriatric hedgehog

Thousand Master
Remember, YOU ASKED FOR THIS.

If you want to nitpick, you can: they could've easily printed the whole thing on the inside of the digipak instead of leaving those ugly blank spaces; the episode list's design is rather crude - but that's par for the course with Dybex.

The booklet is 40 pages long, has profiles for all the main characters, episode guide, an introduction to what Shinsekai Yori is and how it came about, a bit of background artwork and some storyboards.

On the whole, it's a nice little edition for a series that deserves it and it beats having just two amarays, like the one from MVM, which is the other one I own. The price is also pretty good, at 27eur/23ish gbp. It's only three discs instead of 4 like MVM's, though

PS - the glue dots were easily the worst I've ever seen. I thought my nails were going to detach from my fingers - awful lol
Oh sodding sod this, man down, I've ordered it. At that price for such a fantastic series in such a nice set that is a bargain. Thanks for sharing and the price info!

Gosh, I need to get back into this, I'd left it off after catching up a sometime back thanks to crunchyroll's manga and decided I'd wait for it to maybe finish first. That cover certainly looks intriguing as if the endgame is in sight?
It's the latest work by the author of Knights of Sidonia, Biomega and Blame! This volume is also the final part so I can finally read them!
And question answered heh, definitely time to get back into it then.

ActionFaust

Za Warudo
So optimistic, there’s still time for them to cancel/delay it post-release or recall it. Wouldn’t be the first time.
The hypothetical of it being recalled is irrelevant to my comment. I don't want to get into another anti-Funimation debate so could you please take these kinds of remarks elsewhere?

NormanicGrav

Grav's End Harem
AUKN Staff
January Week 3 Part 2 haul.

Three packages arrived between Wednesday and today, one from Amazon UK and the remaining two from United Publications.

IEOr9wjh.jpg

PH9fSadh.jpg
RKnMPCwh.jpg
9X50cnjh.jpg
C2xRDDph.jpg
rWiQ1BGh.jpg
bs6gBIVh.jpg
3wAiKbkh.jpg
oVL4e11h.jpg
VJ2UDIch.jpg
pLsZG9Gh.jpg
MFvLRylh.jpg
VdoWjMEh.jpg
kw9jgJ3h.jpg
SAfFvm1h.jpg
RAs8FZOh.jpg
sLr1VfMh.jpg
J1c3z3mh.jpg
TRKTntTh.jpg
u3HFYtOh.jpg
YEHhPS0h.jpg
cc6yhQth.jpg
X1dng4nh.jpg
IpFuOJWh.jpg
5j67EcDh.jpg
WhcKfgFh.jpg
xKclzNKh.jpg
jCJFbwhh.jpg
D1yC76Dh.jpg
MknIevKh.jpg
2n5eWURh.jpg
vATAcSMh.jpg
UubFaB0h.jpg
eyBl0M1h.jpg
xEEMMyvh.jpg
ZZgutRTh.jpg

3a8o8Poh.jpg
dAi4jSbh.jpg
N3i7NWuh.jpg
m5JIuUth.jpg

First up we have the remainder of Hunter x Hunter. Part 1 (which I've shown in the previous post) arrived last Tuesday, but I also received Part 2 last Wednesday (£14.99 from Amazon UK) and then decided to get Parts 3-5 via UP1 which arrived yesterday (£21.99 each plus postage). Price-wise in total was about £100 to get all 148 episodes. That's 16 Blu-ray discs as well.

8a7R013h.jpg

ppRrwlyh.jpg
ZrRsVjnh.jpg
Gdt3O1zh.jpg
5LYjYYlh.jpg
bzmtQD2h.jpg
3Sjsvqxh.jpg
9wneSTih.jpg

In addition to Hunter x Hunter Parts 3-5 I also ordered Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown so that I have the film with the slipcase out of the way. Looking forward to the second season in the works as per usual.

hU9iWOdh.jpg

GJFYvq0h.jpg
V9NiH20h.jpg
p6RtAhQh.jpg
hNQ1cDyh.jpg
jZhXqk5h.jpg

And arriving today, also from United Publications, is Isekai Quartet Season 1 which I decided to pre-order as I liked the show and because it's a short series the price was lower. However, in an interesting move this release does not come with a slipcase.

Golden Kamuy also didn't come with one, and I suspect going forward Funimation UK may be dropping them on catalog titles probably due to poor sales of their previous catalog releases.