What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

WMD

Cardcaptor
Ah but the other side of the coin would be having something exciting to look forward to for the holiday seasons! The recent completion of Eva had me thinking the kids of the future could never enjoy it the way I did, with the anticipation, & anguish I guess, of waiting two decades for a final conclusion.
Yeah also getting to experience the MCU first hand without spoilers has been epic!

BlazinWolf

Student Council President
From FromJapan(Suruga-ya) Pandora Hearts Volume 16 with Drama Cd + Pandora Hearts Volume 19 with Oz Figure
A14EF8C6-F678-4E6B-8EAC-F3AAE27C4FE2.jpeg
8A48E89E-EBCE-41F6-8072-74D83E01A8A7.jpegD29C41CB-A910-4C3F-8865-3E84AEF41772.jpeg

Also from an EBay Seller: The Electric Tale Of Pikachu (Manga)
1F974F57-4EA4-4AA3-8799-5B04423652BD.jpeg

And just over a month early Spyro The Dragon Youtooz from Youtooz
5F265FC4-DD73-40C3-A965-9EC9610F516A.jpeg730B2159-FA84-40F2-A443-BB63D58DA10C.jpeg

Last edited:

demonix

Hunter
jxlQ2z7.jpg

The cases were what turned up today, but two of the others are what they are for.

The fire 7 has already been de-Amazoned and had google services and the play store installed along with nova launcher.
The Echo dot is more of an experiment into smart tech as it at least can pair up with the GPO turntable over bluetooth and act as a speaker until I figure out what else I'm going to get.
And as for the phone, it became a necessity since the last attempt in getting a phone that didn't require getting a new SIM card ended in failure as the phone was prone to switching off whenever it felt like it, but at least the swap process was rather painless and completed in a few minutes (although, I did have to make sure that mobile data was turned off since that could wipe out all my credit in short order).

Girls with Guns

Dragon Knight
Funimation over here in the US uses a very soft tack to fix the info sheet to their packages, so it pulls off easily and rolls off with a finger rub - are they using the stiffer glue like AL uses on their products over there?

WMD

Cardcaptor
Funimation over here in the US uses a very soft tack to fix the info sheet to their packages, so it pulls off easily and rolls off with a finger rub - are they using the stiffer glue that AL uses on their products over there?
It's way stronger than the one AL use to use so you have to be careful when removing info sheets. The extra problem here is that the info sheet is proper cardboard not paper which makes it a lot more awkward to try and remove. Same happened with their Clannad release.

Girls with Guns

Dragon Knight
I probably won't bother to remove it, then, just leave it on. I keep the shrinkwrap on all my anime releases that don't fit into a plastic box protector, and just slit a door in the shrinkwrap on the open side to get the contents out, so I have removed almost none of the info sheets from my MVM or AL CE releases.

Jay2021

Dandy Guy, in Space
I probably won't bother to remove it, then, just leave it on. I keep the shrinkwrap on all my anime releases that don't fit into a plastic box protector, and just slit a door in the shrinkwrap on the open side to get the contents out, so I have removed almost none of the info sheets from my MVM or AL CE releases.
I do the exact same thing!

Last edited:

Geriatric hedgehog

Vampire Ninja

awadama fever

Za Warudo
Astro's Playroom is so good! Definitely one of the most memorable games I've played in a while.

I'd recommend getting a spare controller if you haven't already. Dualsense Drift doesn't seem to get get as much publicity as the Joycon equivalent, but it's still a big nuisance. The controller that came with my PS5 started drifting after less than two months of casual play 😭

Dai

Hunter
I'd recommend getting a spare controller if you haven't already. Dualsense Drift doesn't seem to get get as much publicity as the Joycon equivalent, but it's still a big nuisance. The controller that came with my PS5 started drifting after less than two months of casual play
Yeah, almost every controller from the last few hardware generations has used analogue sticks from the same manufacturer, AFAIK, so they're all susceptible to drift. What I used to find helped on my drifty PS2 and Xbox 360 controllers was (while in-game) clicking and holding the L3/R3 button in and rotating the stick in a full circle several times. That seemed to re-centre the deadzone a bit for that play session. Of course, how effective that is all depends on how large a deadzone the game is using.

I hear that the adaptive triggers are quite fragile too. I bought a second-hand American PS2 once that came with a controller with a broken shoulder button. That was an easy fix because I could just open it up and put the spring back in place. With a DualSense that would be a lot trickier, since it's the first Playstation controller not to be held together with screws. I assume I'd need a plastic spreader to open it up, but I hate using those things.