What did you BUY today?

RadFemHedonist

Thousand Master
I renewed my disabled railcard :) also I can't remember if I said on here but I ordered a new MacBook Pro at the end of last month and it's arrived now and I've got it all set up with all the data from my previous main computer :) I'm really enjoying it it's very fast and I'm gonna treat it right and turn it off most nights before bed so it will last longer :)

RadFemHedonist

Thousand Master
Wow that is lovely! May I ask where you got it? I'm looking for something nice to make a journal with.

I got it on Amazon, there are 4 cover options, I think they all have the same range of colour pages inside but not sure, it's generally butterfly themed, also it does say leather-bound so I am sorry if you have moral objections to that, I didn't compare prices anywhere else tbf, but it looked like it was worth what I paid for it on Amazon (around £15) there's also a video on the product page where someone shows you what it looks like and that it has a magnetic closer to keep the pages from falling out. It is lovely from what I can tell, thankyou for saying so! Happy journaling to you! :)

setokaiba

Kiznaiver

I got it on Amazon, there are 4 cover options, I think they all have the same range of colour pages inside but not sure, it's generally butterfly themed, also it does say leather-bound so I am sorry if you have moral objections to that, I didn't compare prices anywhere else tbf, but it looked like it was worth what I paid for it on Amazon (around £15) there's also a video on the product page where someone shows you what it looks like and that it has a magnetic closer to keep the pages from falling out. It is lovely from what I can tell, thankyou for saying so! Happy journaling to you! :)
Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

raynwatts

Hikikomori
Now a days people are lazy is the first thing and getting cheap for the items by their expectation, they satisfied that. Only for this purpose they go for online purchase. Even i recently i bought a new pizza dough roller[1] and fire red cheats gba online from online store for my wife because the old one is broken and according to her cookware tends to burn quickly at high or medium flame, especially copper and iron. It is because the heavy metal base absorbs heat faster and remains hot for longer. Hence, it is essential to buy cookware that you can scrub and wash easily so ig it makes sense so yea
[1] 10 Best Pizza Dough Rollers of 2021 【For Baking】 - Foodie Geek

Last edited:

NormanicGrav

At this rate, Christmas will burn
AUKN Staff
Went for a variety of items for the past day or two:

Anime:

ON-GAKU: Our Sound Blu-ray CE
Anime Limited's latest early bird title. Originally scheduled for October, but is now due for November instead. It is surprising that it's a shop exclusive, but that's probably down to its nicheness.

Asian Cinema:

Riki-Oh: The Story of Ricky DE
88 Films bringing more Category III Hong Kong films to the UK with Riki-Oh getting re-released with a better transfer and new packaging. It's scheduled a week earlier than estimated and 88 had stock issues so I decided to get it ordered through Amazon just in case it gets awol.

Robotrix DE
Another Category III Hong Kong film coming to the UK, now uncut for the first time for UK viewers. While Riki-Oh was Category III for violence, this one is more down to sex and apparently it's a James Bond spoof of sorts. Like Riki-Oh, stock issues got in the way so I decided to order it through Amazon.

Manga:

Destiny Lovers Vol. 5, 6 & 7
This one has been a mess to collect for more than the other have had in a while, and that's down to stock issues with Volumes 5 & 7. They were released this past year so it's not going out of print, but its annoying when the final 8th volume is due later this year and these lot are sold out. Blackwells apparently had stock so I ordered them over there and pricing-wise was better than Amazon for Volume 6 at least.

Prison School Omnibus Vol. 12, 13 & 14
The plan was to get the series completed before the Summer was over and I sort of managed to achieve it. Honestly I did not expect myself to get all of Prison School this quickly but thankfully I was able to get the series collected sooner than later. All three remaining volumes were ordered through Amazon.

Video Game:

Conception PLUS: Maidens of the Twelve Stars
The Conception franchise has been on my radar for years, and since Spike Chunsoft brought the remake/remaster of the first game to the west I decided to wait until the price was right before picking it up.

Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight
(see below)

Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight
Considering how poorly received the dancing spin-offs have done for Atlus, they're starting to go out of print at this point though that's mainly centred towards Persona 5's version because many prefer the soundtrack list to that game over Persona 3 (in other words, you can still get Persona 3's version without issue). Originally I was going to acquire the Japanese version but CeX had stock for a decent price so I figured why not. For Persona 3's version, I ordered it new from Base which will take a few additional working days to ship out.

RadFemHedonist

Thousand Master
An Aioli chicken rice box, a lemon and ginger crunch (ate at Leon), chocolate sauce and whole milk on ice, and ON-GAKU: Our Sound Blu-ray CE for £18 with Anime Unlimited discount code :)

Girls with Guns

Combat Butler
I had to buy a new internet radio for my bedroom nightstand - my Grace Digital radio died because the Reciva gateway service shutdown, basically making the radio a boat anchor. I listen to Old Time Radio detective shows at night when I go to bed, and I let the radio just play all night long. I listen to the half-hour shows before I fall asleep, whenever I wake up at night, and in the morning before getting up. I ordered a cheap Ocean Digital WR-336N radio that uses the Skytunes service to replace it, an external ac adapter for it, and also a new $20 projection clock for my nightstand as well. I love to have the time displayed on the ceiling so I can easily see what time it is whenever I open my eyes at night.

510xbZT8b6L._AC_.jpg
images

RadFemHedonist

Thousand Master
Got all these on DVD secondhand from MusicMagpie (for anyone who's wondering why I didn't buy HD - 1. This is much cheaper 2. I don't really care much about HD for most live-action films. 3. I have found that a lot of BDs the player doesn't remember where you left off if the player gets turned off even without being switched off at the mains so because this drives me absolutely effin' mad when it happens I have decided to go with DVD so I can actually, radical-idea-I-know-guys, finish the films without having to faff around everytime I break for 20minutes.) Anyway I'm super looking forward to getting all of them, I have marked all the ones I've already seen with an asterisk :)

The Adventures of Robin Hood
The Birds
The Breakfast Club*
Ever After: A Cinderella Story*
Forrest Gump*
Four Weddings and a Funeral*
It's Great to Be Young!*
Lawn Dogs*
The Matrix*
Men in Black*
The Opposite of Sex*
Paperhouse
Pleasantville*
Radio Days*
The Sixth Sense*
Vertigo

Titanic*/The Man in the Iron Mask*/Romeo + Juliet* (already have R + J but it’s better value than getting the other two films separately)
A Tale of Two Cities/Oliver Twist/Great Expectations (the latter two are the B&W David Lean versions)
Jumanji*/Hook*/Zathura - A Space Adventure (already have Hook but cheaper)
The Sound of Music*/Chitty Chitty Bang Bang*/The King and I (already have TKAI was a gift but money saved)
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory*/Wizard of Oz*/Black Beauty* (already have The Wizard of Oz but saved money)
West Side Story/Guys and Dolls/Fiddler On the Roof* (the one I most wanted was Fiddler on the Roof but the other two films are also of interest to me)

Last edited:

Girls with Guns

Combat Butler
I wonder if that lack of BD resume memory may just be an issue with the model of player itself? My Oppo BD player remembers the resume points for multiple BDs - even if I stop and take a BD disc out and play other Blu-rays, I can put any of those discs back in even weeks later, and it remembers where I left off for multiple discs. Although, I haven't watched any live action movie BDs on it in almost 4 years, I only watch anime Blu-rays with it, so not sure if those would be any different.

huh, I actually haven't purchased or watched any live action movies since the spring of 2018. The last movies I bought on Blu-ray were Dunkirk, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, all 2017 movies. I haven't watched a single live action movie since. The last non-anime movie I went to see in a commercial theater was the 3rd Hobbit movie, way back in 2014. So much for me and Hollywood anymore. I'm totally anime now.

RadFemHedonist

Thousand Master
I wonder if that lack of BD resume memory may just be an issue with the model of player itself? My Oppo BD player remembers the resume points for multiple BDs - even if I stop and take a BD disc out and play other Blu-rays, I can put any of those discs back in even weeks later, and it remembers where I left off for multiple discs. Although, I haven't watched any live action movie BDs on it in almost 4 years, I only watch anime Blu-rays with it, so not sure if those would be any different.

huh, I actually haven't purchased or watched any live action movies since the spring of 2018. The last movies I bought on Blu-ray were Dunkirk, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, all 2017 movies. I haven't watched a single live action movie since. The last non-anime movie I went to see in a commercial theater was the 3rd Hobbit movie, way back in 2014. So much for me and Hollywood anymore. I'm totally anime now.

It seems to be a more common problem with films than series though I remember a couple of Kaze BDs that did it (older release of Code Geass Seasons 1 & 2 and One Punch Man Season 1 Collector's Edition). Obviously it goes without saying that I like anime but I enjoy other media too, and some of the films I got aren't Hollywood as such (from UK, some European ones).

Got all these as well :)

The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc-Sec
Hannah and Her Sisters
Hans Christian Andersen (Danny Kaye, this was from Amazon Marketplace not Music Magpie)
Much Ado About Nothing (Joss Whedon)
The Purple Rose of Cairo*
Strings*
Unbreakable
Uptown Girls*
Water for Elephants
Working Girl
Yentl

Footloose*/Flashdance (Footloose is the original 80s version w Kevin Bacon)

demonix

Hunter
HTi1AuX.jpg

A couple more mobile phone essentials, although I think I just purchased 128GB of storage for everything except apps since I can't move any app from phone storage to the SD card which I'm guessing is down to the custom version of android 10 go that is used on the phone I have.

Girls with Guns

Combat Butler
I have only had a chance to shoot my Walther Q5 Match pistol one time since I bought it last year, mainly due to Covid and then all my ongoing health issues this year. But, I received an email notification from a third party company Taylor Freelance, who makes accessories for my pistol, offering some discontinued Walther accessories on sale for about 70% off - so I purchased a couple of 6-shot magazine extensions in blue aluminum (which matches the trigger color on the gun), and a couple in heavier brass, as well as both a blue aluminum and a brass magwell for the bottom of the grip. I want to compare the weight to see which ones I prefer for shooting, and hopefully test them at least in hand soon enough to order a few more of the ones I like before they go out of stock.

Ktldd0Ph.jpg

canik-brass.jpg

taylor-freelance-walther-ppq-plus-6-brass-magazine-extensions-made-of-brass-uspsa-3-gun-brass-mag-1.jpg

Hopefully by spring I will be well enough to get out to the local range to practice some actual target shooting. 👍

(I hope handguns are not a taboo topic on this UK forum!)

Last edited:

demonix

Hunter
DtcrLYY.jpg

That Juice power bank went right back to argos as a lot of its charge would just disappear so I ended up getting my first smart watch (although it doesn't fully work with the Alcatel 1B I have as it doesn't support sending notifications to the watch which I'm guessing is another issue with the go version of android).