Weapon of Choice

Nemphtis

Hunter
When it comes to videogames, we generally tend to kill ****. We're usually not too picky what we kill it with, whether it be sledge hammers, chainsaws, katanas, guns, vehicles or sex toys - you name it we've kicked ass with it. So, what is your primary or most memorable weapon of choice in videogames, generally speaking. It can be a real world weapon or a fantasy weapon, the only rule here is that it has to be from a game. So, fire away!

Hmm well off the top of my head i'd say the railguns from Red Faction - shooting through walls from the other side of the map and with a one hit kill never gets old.

Funwise though i'd say the general combat system in Okami - specifically the celestial brush. Literally slicing enemies in two was amazing and all the other powers were so much fun. Also, (surprisingly for a game) you actually needed ALL of them ALL of the time instead of finding that by the end of the game you didnt actually need half of them.

Some kinda electrocution/blunt object combo, like the lightning zap/wrench in Bioshock and the taser/pipe (or whatever) in Comdemned. Nice satisfying whack to a disabled enemy...take that Daily Mail! >_>

Oh, and the giant lump of cheese from WWF No Mercy on N64. o_O

As I think about it now, my weapon of choice would have to be the Energy Sword from the Halo franchise. As for a real world weapon, my weapon of choice will always be the AK-47 assault rifle, as the international symbol of freedom and as a weapon that is extremely reliable in and out of combat. :]

Mine would be the Lancer from Gears of War (the one with the chainsaw) because it kicks ass as a gun and as a chainsaw.
Real life weapons I would have to choose the P90, when I worked as a games tester they brought in guns and the P90 was a lot better than it looks, comfortable too :p

Roadie said:
Mine would be the Lancer from Gears of War (the one with the chainsaw) because it kicks ass as a gun and as a chainsaw.
Real life weapons I would have to choose the P90, when I worked as a games tester they brought in guns and the P90 was a lot better than it looks, comfortable too :p

I'm glad someone said FN P90, it's in fact my second favourite weapon but since this is a topic for just our favourites I didn't want to get into honourable mentions etc. The FN P90 does rock though, and I also like it's little brother the FN Five-seveN which was designed to be sold alongside the P90 as a sidearm.

B F G 9000 from Doom

Bfg9000sprite.gif

When you absolutely, positively, gotta kill every mother****er in the room

For me it'd have to be any twin hand-gun combo, something about weilding two guns at the same time just makes me smile.

Oh and Sniper Rifles, been playing MOH Airbourne mainly using a sniper rifle, great fun

hmm, well when it comes to weapon of choice, i'd rather stick to close combat, so katana's, the energy sword on halo 2, and that sort of thing. If though i do use a gun, its usually snipers for me, or shotguns, crossbows too like in bioshock, they really can kill quick.

Think I'd have to go for body enhancements (Like Doom, Deus X, Crisis etc). Nothing quite like the feeling of punching a bad guy threw several brick walls with your bare hands.

Anyone fancy an arm wrestle? :D

McIcy said:
For me it'd have to be any twin hand-gun combo, something about weilding two guns at the same time just makes me smile.
Twin guns, bah, clumsy and random. Twin Lightsabres... now you're cooking with fire :twisted:
Other faves are the street sweeper, my souped up wrist cross bow from Deus Ex (with sniper scope, range enhancers and tranq darts, a great air duct weapon as you could hit someone, hide wait for them to drop and the other guards to relax and repeat) and the good old fashions pulse rifle.

Liquid Skin said:
Lupus Inu said:
This is the only weapon I'll ever need.

The ZOE games are absolutely amazing, cant wait until the new one comes out on the PS3 *drools*

As far as I know, no such thing has been confirmed.

Still, I'm always happy to see there are some Z.O.E lovers out there aside from myself. :]

Back