Wanted:Help on art!

KittySeras

School Idol
Hey everyone, I really need some help :( . I have to come up with three ideas for my final piece in art, it has to do with multicultural stuff, I have only done one :oops: I need some ideas, it would be very uber 8) if you guys helped me in my time of need :cry: . (Puppy eyes)

Whats the idea you already done cos i dont wnat to think about one only for u to say that that is the idea you already have. lol :lol:

It's a mixture of two different types of Japanese art, Ukiyo-e and of course anime^-^, Ukiyo-eby the way is art done in the 1800's(Im not so sure about the time period) It shows the best features of japan, think of all the pics of japanese women in kimomo's in rooms with screens.

why dont you try mexican art, my sister did that for art A level, The is alot of source material on the day of the dead which is a big mexican event featuring alot of art, i looked over her work a while ago and it looked prtty good so if your interested in that kind of stuff it could be a very good product for you to do. :D

That sounds kinda cool, My mum helped me come up with a second idea, it's based on old cultures of good old england, think celtish legends, the mexican thing sounds kinda cool, Im gonna have to gt some info on it first, do you have any info?

How close to multicultural art does it have to be, because my teachers always said that the titles they gave us were only like starting points e.g, as i said in my whos an artist topic before for one unit i did Samurai and anime, but the actual subject i chose was graveyards, heres how i linked: graveyards=death=samurai are associated with death etc, basically i determined to do what i wanted and then somehow find a way of linking it back to grave yards. Because you could do something like the Egyptions and use everything to do with them like the hieroglyphics, the architecture, right down to the how the sarcophaguses of the Pharaohs were decorated and even some of their beliefs in gods

KittySeras said:
This for year 10, I don't really know about how linked it has to be to multicultural art :cry: I have no inspiration.
I think the thing with art is that it can be anything as long as it has a good evaluation, thats basically how it works with all art these days. *if you don't want to here a rant about modern art go back to the index now* Most of the stuff in the Tate modern is a big pile of rubbish but it all has great titles and so called meanings behind everything that it becomes art. If you have a way with words and your good at making up shi....i mean rubbish then you can pass anything off as art. This gets me quite fired up as i hate modern art, it annoys me that people who make a glass cube or a big comic strip of a man wanking, or a film of a naked man wearing a mask, breathing like a pervert and acting crazy can write a wonderful explanation and have it called art, where as people like my mum who actually trys hard and has some talent can't get anywhere

I agree: I think that if what you've done requires a lengthy explanation for anyone to appreciate it, then it's not art. Art ought to be able to convey something to the observer; if it doesn't, then it's pretty much failed. I can appreciate that not everything should be so transparent that it can all be understood at first glance, but if it just looks like meaningless rubbish until you read a description, then it probably is meaningless rubbish.

I think the thing with art is that it can be anything as long as it has a good evaluation

On the contrary, you can do ANYTHING in ART GCSE or A level, as long as you have a full pad, with some decent explanation of how you arrived at whatever it is you created.

Charter_Mage said:
KittySeras said:
This for year 10, I don't really know about how linked it has to be to multicultural art :cry: I have no inspiration.
I think the thing with art is that it can be anything as long as it has a good evaluation, thats basically how it works with all art these days. *if you don't want to here a rant about modern art go back to the index now* Most of the stuff in the Tate modern is a big pile of rubbish but it all has great titles and so called meanings behind everything that it becomes art. If you have a way with words and your good at making up shi....i mean rubbish then you can pass anything off as art. This gets me quite fired up as i hate modern art, it annoys me that people who make a glass cube or a big comic strip of a man wanking, or a film of a naked man wearing a mask, breathing like a pervert and acting crazy can write a wonderful explanation and have it called art, where as people like my mum who actually trys hard and has some talent can't get anywhere

It really pisses me off that,This pile of crap represents my teenage angst. :lol: what they really mean is,im such a complete idiot and dont have a creative bone in my body, and just put a pile of junk together :twisted:

KittySeras said:
It really pisses me off that,This pile of crap represents my teenage angst. :lol: what they really mean is,im such a complete idiot and dont have a creative bone in my body, and just put a pile of junk together :twisted:
Exactly, for years i saw people in my art class get away with that. By the way the stuff i said about the Tate Modern was all stuff i saw, i have completly no idea how a cimic strip of a man masturbating can be classed as art, it wasn't even drawn well, it was the kind of thing you would find drawn as a laugh in the back of a kids school book.

Have you had anymore ideas for your art yet

Mexican Info (day of the dead)

heres the info u wanted on the mexican art,

1} The main artist in this style was freda Karlo,
2} Has a highly religious background,
3} It involves making small models and masks,
4} Belived to be the origens of haloween.

Its the main mexican festival for their year, like christmas, independence day for americans ect, so info on this subject is easily available on the net.

Hope this helps.

my sister just informed me that she did the mexican day of the dead is an easy topic that she did in year 11, so if your school board follows the same course then you could be getting a jump on the rest of your class by doing all the work required a year in advance, wish that i could have done that, think of the free time youl have to watch anime and read Manga ect :lol: LOL :lol:

Shades said:
my sister just informed me that she did the mexican day of the dead is an easy topic that she did in year 11, so if your school board follows the same course then you could be getting a jump on the rest of your class by doing all the work required a year in advance, wish that i could have done that, think of the free time youl have to watch anime and read Manga ect :lol: LOL :lol:

Yay :D Thanks... how can a guy wanking be classed as art?

KittySeras said:
Yay :D Thanks... how can a guy wanking be classed as art?
A question i thinki we would all like answered, but i didn't hang around that exhibition long enough to find out.

What ever you do for your art i would defiantly it be something you can take an interest in, as i know how possitively impossible it can be to try and motivate yourself to do a unit you don't have a passion for, or that wasn't as good as you thought it would be....or maybe thats just me because i'm a bit of a lazy bum

KittySeras said:
I want to do something to do with anime(Ill proberly do my first idea).
So you need three idea but you only have to do one of them, i would do the anime one....infact i really missing art, i want to do that idea myself, it sounds great, you could go into some great depth about japanese culture, the history of anime, how it is influenced by their culture and how anime influences the west etc, etc, i could keep going, i'm sure it would be a good one to choose....but of course the Mexican idea is good too because there would be lots of reference material

Back