Viz Media Announces Restructure, Back Catalogue Service for Shonen Jump

This is really great news! I'll be sad to see the magazine format disappear, but I think the new subscription model opens up the way for a lot of new readers to get into the series. I hope it means they don't stop Jump Starts and stuff though, as I always enjoyed those. ^^;

I think the new subscription model opens up the way for a lot of new readers to get into the series.
A lot of new children and people with zero disposable income that aren't going to actually put any money into supporting physical anime/manga. That'll really help those of us that prefer physical. Thanks Viz.

A lot of new children and people with zero disposable income that aren't going to actually put any money into supporting physical anime/manga. That'll really help those of us that prefer physical. Thanks Viz.

I mean getting the next generation of fans into manga is really important, we were all kids at one point with little to zero disposable money. I saved up to buy iTunes vouchers for Jump and then bought volumes of Naruto as and when I could and honestly I'd have been over the moon if a service like this existed then.

Also for what it's worth I'll be supporting this and still picking plenty of books up because ultimately if I want to own a series then I'm going to be buying books afterwards. This also really helps bridge the gap between the books that are out and the WSJ issues, as the backlog often didn't go back far enough with the issues for people who were collecting the books. I have friends who read Promised Neverland and I don't think you can currently bridge the gap between the books and the simulpub (not 100% certain without looking into it more), but a service like this helps them. It's certainly better than having to pirate the chapters you need.

Nice to see. I'll probably stay on with the new subscription service, doesn't cost me anything anyway due to carrier billing on Google Play. My prepay plan costs €20 every 28 days for unlimited same carrier calls, unlimited texts and unlimited data, plus you keep the €20 top up value.

I use the credit to buy my SJ sub and some manga. I used to be able to buy psn credit, but the company that did that closed earlier in the year due to chargebacks on fraudulent transactions. Pity you can't buy psn credit direct from your phone here like you can in the UK.

Back