Video Game Trances

hopeful_monster

Thousand Master
Just come off a 13hr stint playing Company of Hero's , cause I simply got lost in the game, only had to restart one mission (compared to the 6 or seven times I do on more traditional RTS's like C&C). Now I've done similar things with Civ games in the past, but rarely with anything else. Even very open games like Oblivion or GTA I tend to get frustrated and quit.
Anyway what have you lost hours/ days of your life to?

Endless amounts of RPGs, I remember getting a PS1 with Final Fantasy VII for Christmas in...gosh, 1998, so I was only 10, but that was my first one and I remember all the tricks I used to use so that my parents wouldn't know I was up all night playing it.

Same happened again with FF8 and then 9. When FFIX came out I used to set my alarm for 4am so that I could get some gaming in before I went to school!

Super Mario 64 and Sonic Adventure as well, I've replayed them both so many times, and I remember playing them both brand new and being amazed both times. SM64 is just...fantastic, I love that game.

hmm..well if you mean longest time on a game at one time..ooo..er...SSBM i spent about 6 hours on straight..but my longest is probably FFX or LoZ:OoT, which i probably spent the better part of half a day on at one time when i get them...oh wait KH2, i spent a day on once since i was trying to win a bet. As for longest time played. FFX, SSBM, and many other RPG's i spent several hundred hours on.

The most recent one I can remember was duringt summer holidays at 10PM when I thought to myself "I'll play Dragon Quest for an hour then read manga."

Come 6AM I was still playing DQ, and eventually went to bed.

I remember sitting on Tales of Symphonia from about 12:00pm until about 1am [Thats when my parents took it off me XD; ]
And then there was when I got my xbox at christmas (The year it came out?), and sat up all night playing it (Especially Jet Set Radio Future XD)

pomtry said:
I played about 14 hours non stop on runescape :lol: :oops:

A bit dumb now that I look how bad the game actualy is

I pity the fool who plays/played Runescape. :twisted:

EDIT: Countless Final Fantasy games, especially 7, 8 and 9...

I must've spent around 300+ hours on 9 just levelling up and screwing around xD

Conquer Online: Lost about a year of my life playing this god forsaken game like every day >_>

Ive lost hours of my life to so many games including the likes of ffx, ff7,paper mario,nearly every first party,ninty title in the cubes history,Oblivion more recently and so many others and looking forward to so many more.
Gotta love the games.

Outlawstar said:
Ive lost hours of my life to so many games including the likes of ffx, ff7,paper mario,nearly every first party,ninty title in the cubes history,Oblivion more recently and so many others and looking forward to so many more.
Gotta love the games.

PAPER MARIO!!!!

I loved that game, shame I never finished it... although I can't quite remember why.... :(

Hyaku said:
Outlawstar said:
Gotta love the games.

PAPER MARIO!!!!

I loved that game, shame I never finished it... although I can't quite remember why.... :(

Cant remember many more fun and brilliant games than this.
It was almost perfect and there is a wii sequel on the way in a month or so and it looks great.

Ah I yes the non stop playing, when I was about 10 and Mario 3 came out me and my mate spent 6 hours on it doing a level each.

At the moment though I am working 12 hours shifts and as soon as I get into work I set up my PS2 and play FFXII non stop, when this ends I will restart FFVIII as I really wanna complete that story again too

Enemy Territory, was in a clan and was on a server playing pretty much every other day, not trying to feed my ego, I was pretty dam good rambo medic too. Its a pitty the game just died away.

'Trances' are a regular thing for me sadly, since I don't stop playing until I feel like not playing any more. My longest time on a game was probably when I first played Final Fantasy VII, I played it for nearly an entire week straight. As I'm in a gaming clan/guild, we usually sign onto Xbox Live at 8PM and some of us keep playing until 6AM. Since clan training is three times a week, this happens very frequently. I have to say though, my all-nighters are worth every hours. :]

Link100p said:
McIcy said:
Been at work since 7am, been playing Zelda on the SNES since I got here, I have almost completed it
Do you have a supervisor?

Yeah he's sat next to me playing Mario Kart. Our office is as laid back at they come, so I can play games on my pc all day long, I am about to start playing pokemon at the moment as I wanna try the new versions out

Back