Vandread

CDAdair

Completely Average High School Student
Hello.
Saw on Anime New Network that the Vandread `Ultimate Collection` is outin the US and was wondering how long it usually takes for products to make the transition to region 2 DVDs.
Also, how come their isn't anything about Vandread on this site? Not a sausage!

CDAdair said:
Saw on Anime New Network that the Vandread `Ultimate Collection` is outin the US and was wondering how long it usually takes for products to make the transition to region 2 DVDs.
No real timelines here, but sad to say that sometimes, it never make it.

CDAdair said:
Also, how come their isn't anything about Vandread on this site? Not a sausage!
As I've mentioned before, sometimes it never makes to the UK, and that's unfortunately the case of Vandread.

Time frames are either: we get it the almost same day as the US (e.g EVA1.11), we get it ~6 months after (soul eater), we get it 5 years later (Mahoromatic), or we never get it (Macross)

Reaper gI said:
Time frames are either: we get it the almost same day as the US (e.g EVA1.11), we get it ~6 months after (soul eater), we get it 5 years later (Mahoromatic), or we never get it (Macross)

There as also been a couple releases here that never made the US as well, so hard to say.

Importing would be a more reliable way of obtaining this title than waiting for a domestic release.

AxelMusic and UP1 —two of the "Customs safe" stockists— both offer it for significantly less than £30 at present, though they are currently awaiting stock.

chaos said:
Reaper gI said:

There as also been a couple releases here that never made the US as well, so hard to say.
At least it's erring to the first two for most releases these days.
The exception being MVM releases, but that's had a lot to do with other issues as they handle a lot of Geneon and Media Blasters titles. One of who restructured heavily the other has had problems and titles release dates have been slipping.
UK only release are, for the moment, a thing of the past; hoping that Beez can rectify this with DRRR!

Checked out that UP1 place, nice £27ish. Better than the 60+ i've been finding.
Note: Sexy Purple Bunny! :eek:

£21.36 on Amazon UK marketplace for both series combined.

Pretty good series, although If I recall, got a bit overly generic and cheesy towards the end.

Total Agree!
But you need a bit of Cheesyness now and then, adds to the feel good factor, at least for me.
Thanks for the Amazon info too. Found it.
Have heard rumours about some sort of follow-on set later involving the main characters children. Is that just me seeing things?

Wikipedia mentions plans for a 3rd season,

According to an anime magazine called FCM, Gonzo is working to make the third stage of Vandread with Dita's and Meia's daughters as the lead characters.

However, most fans expressed their desire that they would prefer a sequel that explains the events immediately after Vandread: The Second Stage in which Hibiki, Dita and the rest of the Vandread crew try to deal with Earth and the remaining Harvest.

That little bit in a mag is probably as far as its gotten, oh well.
Would prefer an immediate follow on as well rather than something set a generation later.

£25.99 from a place called LogicalMart. Anyone have any experience with this firm? How good are they?

"Logicalmart is the dropshipper and wholesaler of MP3 watch, MP4 watch, animated DVD such as dragonball Z and Naruto, and the newest electronic goods from..."

Yeah... I really would have just paid a couple of pounds more and ordered it from up1. I can't imagine the DVDs you've ordered are 100% legit.

At least the billing was varified and protected by my bank. Find out if the product is any good when it arrives.

Back