US Region & Geolocking Compatible Blu-ray/DVD Imports

Does anyone know if the funimation blu-ray release of the disastrous life of saiki works with UK ps4's? There's a two part set and a complete set on Amazon.com.

Hello NormanicGrav,

I've noticed you removed the geo-locked titles that need to be confirmed and again added some sentai titles without letting the forum know. Which is quite frustrating as a collector who has done his own version of the list.
I update my page regularly but I don't list confirmed geolocked titles or funimation titles as this is the main site so I send my findings here.
If you could send an update through a post it would be much appreciated.
If your un-happy with me for some reason please let me know, as I haven't received any replies since I did my own version.

Confirmed playable on ps4

A spirit of the sun
Chihayafuru s1 and s2
Haikyu s1 and s2
The squid girl s1 and s2
The tibetan dog
To heart 2

Anime gataris A/B 1/2
Citrus A/B 1/2
Konohana kitan A/B 1/2
The silver guardian A/B 1/2
Trickster A/B
Urahara A/B 1/2

Denny, I absolutely love Chihayafuru! Is that Region B compatible, or is it simply a geolock release which the PS4 can bypass / play? As you know, I don’t really dabble in US releases too often unless I really want something special.

Denny, I absolutely love Chihayafuru! Is that Region B compatible, or is it simply a geolock release which the PS4 can bypass / play? As you know, I don’t really dabble in US releases too often unless I really want something special.
The first page lists both seasons of Chihayafuru under the geolock method. PS4 should be fine.

It will play with no issues on a ps3/4 or Samsung player. Unfortunately thats the only machines I have to test them on.
You shouldn't have any issues with sentai blu rays as long as there from 2015 onward.

It will play with no issues on a ps3/4 or Samsung player. Unfortunately thats the only machines I have to test them on.
You shouldn't have any issues with sentai blu rays as long as there from 2015 onward.

It is a good thing that I have 3 Samsung Blu Ray players in various rooms! Thanks for the info Denny - this forum and page itself are really useful!

I feel like a dummy because I don't quite understand the geolocking thing in the OP. But basically down the line if I want to get prisma Illya or Squid Girl for example then as long as I have a PS4 then it will just work?

I feel like a dummy because I don't quite understand the geolocking thing in the OP. But basically down the line if I want to get prisma Illya or Squid Girl for example then as long as I have a PS4 then it will just work?
I am the one who wrote the Geolock explanation for those wondering, but basically you don't need to worry at all if you have a PlayStation 4 because the consoles for some reason work with the recent Sentai titles since 2015 and we just went with it. Xbox will also work but the earlier geolocked titles will not play (I believe it were the titles between November 2014 and March 2015).

TL;DR Getting the US versions for Prisma Illya and Squid Girl will work fine.

I am the one who wrote the Geolock explanation for those wondering, but basically you don't need to worry at all if you have a PlayStation 4 because the consoles for some reason work with the recent Sentai titles since 2015 and we just went with it. Xbox will also work but the earlier geolocked titles will not play (I believe it were the titles between November 2014 and March 2015).

TL;DR Getting the US versions for Prisma Illya and Squid Girl will work fine.

Thanks, as a Fate fan I feel like I should at least try the import route if AL can't continue a UK release.

Back