US Region & Geolocking Compatible Blu-ray/DVD Imports

Just thought it was worth noting that Discotek's DVD releases of Actually I Am..., Beelzebub Collection 1 and Recently, My Sister Is Unusual are all region free.

I also noticed that I Couldn't Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job (Yu-Sibu) isn't listed in the Sentai section. The Bypass Method works and it's (strangely) Title 3 for both discs. Similarly, So I Can't Play H is Title 5 and Title 4 for Disc 1 & 2 respectively.

I've also got a bunch of other Sentai titles that are Geolocked, but I'm not sure they're worth listing here (since everything they release seems to be Geolocked now). Let me know if they are worth posting here. :D

Might as well list them since not everyone coming across this thread will know about them.

Don't worry! Feel free to list them all. The more the merrier I'd say. The Sentai section needs more titles on the list anyway. I would get them all, but I focused on other stuff.

I'll be able to test Monster Musume when that arrives as well, you know for research purposes...

I believe K-On! Season 1 collection on BD by Sentai is geolocked in the same way that Tamako Market is since it worked in my PS4 just fine.

Don't worry! Feel free to list them all. The more the merrier I'd say. The Sentai section needs more titles on the list anyway. I would get them all, but I focused on other stuff.

Okay. In that case, the following are definitely Geolocked:
  • Chivalry of a Failed Knight
  • Devils & Realist
  • Eden of Grisaia / Labyrinth of Grisaia
  • Hamatora
  • Hayate the Combat Butler
  • Hayate the Combat Butler 2nd Season
  • Hayate the Combat Butler: Can't Take My Eyes Off You
  • Hayate the Combat Butler: Cuties
  • Hayate the Combat Butler: Heaven is a Place on Earth
  • Outbreak Company
  • Rail Wars
  • Re; Hamatora
  • Rin-Ne Collection 1 (Season 1)
  • Rin-Ne Collection 2 (Season 1)
  • Rin-Ne Season 2
  • To Love Ru Darkness 2nd Season
  • Wolf Girl & Black Prince

Finally, for research purposes I assure you, Media Blasters' release of Yosuga no Sora is Region A and B ('free'). Dunno where it would be listed (if at all), but someone might be interested. :p

Okay. In that case, the following are definitely Geolocked:
  • Chivalry of a Failed Knight
  • Devils & Realist
  • Eden of Grisaia / Labyrinth of Grisaia
  • Hamatora
  • Hayate the Combat Butler
  • Hayate the Combat Butler 2nd Season
  • Hayate the Combat Butler: Can't Take My Eyes Off You
  • Hayate the Combat Butler: Cuties
  • Hayate the Combat Butler: Heaven is a Place on Earth
  • Outbreak Company
  • Rail Wars
  • Re; Hamatora
  • Rin-Ne Collection 1 (Season 1)
  • Rin-Ne Collection 2 (Season 1)
  • Rin-Ne Season 2
  • To Love Ru Darkness 2nd Season
  • Wolf Girl & Black Prince

Finally, for research purposes I assure you, Media Blasters' release of Yosuga no Sora is Region A and B ('free'). Dunno where it would be listed (if at all), but someone might be interested. :p

Neat.

It seems Media Blaster Blu-ray discs may actually be all region free, Ladies vs Butlers was also Regions A|B. They have a few others like Rio Rainbow Gate and perhaps My Wife is the Student Council President whenever they plan to get on with it.

These are the only blu rays I could find that were released by anime works/media blasters

Ladies Versus Butlers
Juden Chan Recharged
Kite
Kite Liberator
Mazinkaiser SKL
Queen's Blade The Exiled Virgin
Queen's Blade The Evil Eye
Rio Rainbow Gate Reshuffle
World War Blue
Yamibo Darkness, The Hat, and Travelers of the Books
Yosuga no Sora

Last edited:
Hello, does anybody know if the usa adv titles are region free?
Someone online states Dirty Pair Flash - Perfect Collection is region free. I am waiting for them to respond to an email to confirm this.

Does anybody know if Medaka Box complete collection is region free?

I'd hate to buy the seperate parts if the whole collection would work.

Sentai list update:

Bypass Method:
Intrigue in the Bakumatsu Collection 1 & 2
Night Raid 1931
Samurai Girls
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Geo-locked:
My Love Story
Nobunaga The Fool Collections 1 & 2
The Familiar of Zero F (Season 4)
Vampire Hunter D

Does anybody know if Medaka Box complete collection is region free?

I'd hate to buy the seperate parts if the whole collection would work.

The re-release should be using geo-locked discs (any Sentai title released from 2015 onwards should all be geo-locked), which would work on any games console (PS3, PS4, Xbox One).

Sentai list update:

Bypass Method:
Intrigue in the Bakumatsu Collection 1 & 2
Night Raid 1931
Samurai Girls
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Geo-locked:
My Love Story
Nobunaga The Fool Collections 1 & 2
The Familiar of Zero F (Season 4)
Vampire Hunter D

Neat. Before I add the Bypass titles, could you check and see which Title No. the discs are? Some titles have different numbers if that makes sense. I'll update the Geo-Locked titles.

The re-release should be using geo-locked discs (any Sentai title released from 2015 onwards should all be geo-locked), which would work on any games console (PS3, PS4, Xbox One).

Okay. Just to confirm.

I have a PS3 and PS4. It should work on them?

Also, my consoles are Swedish. So how certain is that to work for me?

Okay. Just to confirm.

I have a PS3 and PS4. It should work on them?

Also, my consoles are Swedish. So how certain is that to work for me?

Yes to the PS3 & PS4. However as for the Swedish (or any European console in general), we don't actually know to be honest. I believe only UK consoles have been tested so far.

Back