US Region & Geolocking Compatible Blu-ray/DVD Imports

Always baffled by the lengths so many of you go to in order to play some titles. I've been bugging a mate of mine to just forego it all and just make the relatively small investment in a Region Free player or a Region A player. It's so much easier and again I cannot stress how little of an investment it is when weighed against all this 'Will it play or won't it' BS along with some of the hoops needed to jump through just to get certain titles to work.

You could probably buy a player to solve all your issues for the same price as 3-4 Anime Blu Rays. Once you do that you can buy whatever you want, from wherever you want. It's a luxury most of you need to give yourselves.

Always baffled by the lengths so many of you go to in order to play some titles. I've been bugging a mate of mine to just forego it all and just make the relatively small investment in a Region Free player or a Region A player. It's so much easier and again I cannot stress how little of an investment it is when weighed against all this 'Will it play or won't it' BS along with some of the hoops needed to jump through just to get certain titles to work.

You could probably buy a player to solve all your issues for the same price as 3-4 Anime Blu Rays. Once you do that you can buy whatever you want, from wherever you want. It's a luxury most of you need to give yourselves.
Aint+it+the+truth+_d35c124a7d2aeab9252edfdbc7c61acf.jpg

Honestly I just took advantage of the Seiki Blu-ray discovery back in April and now my 4 year long problem of handling Region A discs came to a close lol.

Honestly I just took advantage of the Seiki Blu-ray discovery back in April and now my 4 year long problem of handling Region A discs came to a close lol.
I did the same but with a Sony one, being Region free is basically a necessity for a film lover like me. Asides from Anime companies there's also Criterion and Shout/Scream Factory, as well as an array of titles that we just can't seem to get over here. It's an investment that's paid itself off and then some.

I have a US PS3 and a JPN PS3 available for my Region A Blu Rays. Cool thing about these is since they're both Launch models it means I can play PS2 on them, which is a nice bonus. I got to play the FMA games because of that. I picked both of these up for under £80 each on eBay 5 years ago or so.

I rarely buy UK BDs so I don't mind having two separate players, I play my UK stuff on my PS4. I sorta wish I had got an American PS4 as that way I could have everything in one pretty much but it's not a big deal.

Admittedly my US PS3 is getting alittle loud these days as it becomes alittle over 11 years old now (JPN PS3 is in storage right now). I'd like to go and buy a premium player myself like an Oppo or something. But the price means that is certainly more than a 'small investment'. Still it'd hopefully be worth it in the long run but not high on my agenda right now.

Back