US Region & Geolocking Compatible Blu-ray/DVD Imports

Some new updates to the list the following worked on my PS4:
Funi:
Trickster Part 1 (both Blu-ray & DVD worked)

Sentai:
Amagami SS & SS+ | Complete Collection
Bodacious Space Pirates: Abyss of Hyperspace
Chaika -The Coffin Princess-
Cobra the Animation
Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon | Collections 1-2

Some that didn't work on my PS4:
Bodacious Space Pirates - The Bypass method might work for this one but couldn't figure out how to do it on the PS4
Love Live Sunshine

Re: Bodacious Space Pirates - I had a quick look at the date and it's one of those bypass method era titles. There's instructions on the first page if it helps (granted I should probably update it for PS4).

Works on my ps4

Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero | Complete Series Ltd dvd/ ( blu ray one Only )
Yamada's First Time: B Gata H Kei | Complete Series S.A.V.E. | blu-ray Only
My Bride is a Mermaid | Complete Series S.A.V.E. | 1 2 4
High School DxD | Season 1 | A B 1 2 4
High School DxD BorN | Complete Series | A B 1 2 4
High School DxD New | Complete Series | A B 1 2 4
Ben-To | Complete Series Ltd | A B 1 2 4
We Without Wings | Complete Series Ltd | A B 1 2 4

Last edited:
Not tested but listed on the back info & discs:
  • Berserk (2016) - A|B|1|2|4
  • Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress - A|B|1|2|4
  • The Morose Mononokean - A|B|1
  • Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches - A|B|1|2|4

First post's Sentai section updated with the following titles:
  • Amagami SS & SS+ | Complete Collection | Geolock Method
  • Bodacious Space Pirates: Abyss of Hyperspace | Geolock Method
  • Chaika -The Coffin Princess- | Complete Collection | Geolock Method
  • Cobra the Animation | Complete Collection | Geolock Method
  • Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and Dragon | Collections 1-2 | Geolock Method
  • Higurashi: When They Cry (Season 1, Kai, Rei) | Complete Collection | A B
  • Momokyun Sword | Complete Collection | Geolock Method
  • To Love Ru (Season 1, Motto, Darkness 1 & 2) | Complete Collection | Geolock Method
  • The World God Only Knows (Season 1, II, Goddesses, OVAs) | Complete Collection | Geolock Method
A few tidbits for those wondering.

Q: If it plays on my PS4, does that mean it's Region B compatible?
A: Not necessarily. While the PlayStations can play virtually any Sentai disc from late 2014 onwards it doesn't mean the normal Blu-ray players will due to the geo-lock system or whatever region code the discs have. The only way to fully tell if the disc has a region or is simply geo-locked is by using the region checker that we have on the first post (or simply click this link if you can't seriously be bothered to check yourself).

Q: If the title in the first post says Geolock Method, could they actually be A|B compatible then?
A: Perhaps. We won't know unless we have verified the disc through the region checker.

Q: If I picked up the complete series collection of say.. To Love Ru, but the previous discs were noted down as something else, does that mean the complete series collection is the same?
A: Absolutely not. A lot of folks don't realise this, but Sentai have actually re-authored a majority of their re-releases due to either questionable video quality issues (i.e. 1 disc releases) or errors that were in the previous sets. Titles like Cross Ange were also re-authored so that the 4th disc is simply just extras. Long story short, EVERY Sentai title has to be tested regardless on whether they are re-releases or not.

I ordered wolf girl and black Prince and is the order a rabbit....both the same method of playing but is the order a rabbit doesn't play but wolf girl does?

Back