Upcoming Releases: What'cha Want?

Aion

Time-Traveller
For me, the Phantom releases are in the 'MUST BUY!' territory, purely because it's my new #7 anime. It's a bummer that the two sets have $65 RRPs and noob English actors (I wanted Bailey to play Ein, based on her Marlene performance...) but I still NEED to re-watch the series without reading subtitles.

Nyan Koi is another I'm sure to buy, also. It isn't the greatest show in the world or anything and, really, it's just another harem title. But AIC's art/it generally looking nice and the cat-related comedy make it worth buying to finish on DVD. (No doubt it'll piss me off that the big-breasted/hottest 2D drawing doesn't get picked LIKE IN ******* TORADORA WHEN ITS LEAD MADE THE +1 CHILD MOLESTER CHOICE...)

And, of course, FMA Brotherhood: Part 3. After watching the third set and going through never before seen/read content, I plan on getting back into the manga - Viz hopefully being closer to v27 by that point.

There are other titles, such as Xam'd, but they're currently too expensive/not loved enough by me for me to not wait for a cheaper release/complete collection.

Edit: Forgot all about the second Hell Girl 3 set. I need that to complete my Hell Girl collection.

Only the first Phantom set has a $65 retail price, and that'll be because it includes a box and/or some (probably useless) extra.

I will be mostly buying the first Dirty Pair box set and Uta Kata in November; Nyan Koi and Eden of the East in December; and the first Phantom and Durarara sets in January. Might slip some Bamboo Blade and Birdy in there somewhere, budget permitting.

Oh yeah, and the third Brotherhood set (though I haven't watched the first two yet).

That-Bastard-Bad-Guy-Aion said:
Didn't think you were slow enough to go with the R2 release of Eden. My set should be with me tomorrow.
Blu ray innit. Unless there's a big price difference I'd prefer to support the domestic BDs to encourage Manga and the rest to release more of them. Funi's might be region locked anyway.

Anime Legends Gundam 00 and Gurren Lagann. Besides that I'm not really anticipating anything yet. Bakuman I probably will when I've seen enough to make a real verdict.

Biggest things on my radar are the first volumes of Shiki and DenYuuDen, and the Railgun OVA later this month, Haruhi TV BDs, Koe de Oshigoto! OVA, and Durarara!! in November, Haruhi movie and Dirty Pair TV in December, and Kara no Kyoukai BDs in February.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Durarara... January
This is still November, right? Are you just waiting for a dubbed version?

Highest priority titles:

From Japan
I want to finish off the Kiddy GiRL-and LE BD and DVDs (stalled at volumes 1 and 3 respectively due to lack of funds)
I want to get the current and future Negima Manga LEs and OVAs I am missing (I think 29 was the last I got)
Haruhi BD set
Haruhi movie steelbook
Kara no Kyoukai BD set

From the US
Utakata
(and Toradora while still available)

From the UK:
FMA: Brotherhood BD
Durarara!!
Nausicaa BD
Eden of the East BD
(and Code Geass R2)

Tip of the iceberg though.

Ah well with christmas around the corner my anime buying will be slowing down till the new year but i,m looking forward to,Dirty Pair boxset 1,Ghost Sweeper Mikami collection 1,Dairugger collection 3 and Fist of the North Star boxset 2.

fabricatedlunatic said:
ilmaestro said:
This is still November, right? Are you just waiting for a dubbed version?
That's the plan but it's going to be a lot more expensive to import. I be conficted.
You'd also be supporting the incredibly pro-active UK release if you didn't import. fwiw, I would guess on there being a BD set of DRRR!! released in Japan eventually, as long as the Baccano! BDs sell OK, so you could always get the UK version and hope that a dubbed version made its way onto BD one day...

Incidentally, Phantom cover art. Looks as though the first set is going to include an art box. Woo.
Hmm, that actually looks quite sexy. Fairly tempted, but could fall foul of crowded schedule.

You'd also be supporting the incredibly pro-active UK release if you didn't import.
Honestly, I'm not terribly keen to support such an approach if it means we miss out on a dub that's going to be available just a couple of months later. I'm not part of the digisub generation that can't wait five minutes for their anime fix, don't you know? :p

Of more concern is the price, and that's probably why I'll end up getting the Beez release. There's simply going to be too big a difference. Andrew did say that they would run a disc replacement program once the dub was available, though there's no guarantee it'll actually happen. We shall have to wait and see.

fabricatedlunatic said:
You'd also be supporting the incredibly pro-active UK release if you didn't import.
Honestly, I'm not terribly keen to support such an approach if it means we miss out on a dub that's going to be available just a couple of months later. I'm not part of the digisub generation that can't wait five minutes for their anime fix, don't you know? :p
Ah right, for me it's less of a "can't wait five minutes" (although the speed is important, but only because of it being before the US, rather than the "outright" speed at which it will be released) thing rather than a "don't see the point of a dub for a show like DRRR!! even if I did watch dubs" kind of thing.

Back