UK Anime Club

Alice

Student Council President
http://www.anime-on-line.com/xcart/home.php?cat=37

I got information about this recently when I won the daily DVD competition on their website (GUNxSWORD volume 1!), so I sent off the cheque for £15 and recieved a package a few days later. Here is what you get:

A T-shirt (not the greatest, but a cool gift nonetheless)
A pen
A keyring
A membership card
And best of all - a DVD worth £19.99! I chose Trigun, but you can choose from:

Bubblegum Crisis 1
Chobits 1
Lain 1
Love Hina 1
Riding Bean
Samurai Champloo 1
Tenjho Tenge 1
Trigun 1
Urusei Yatsura movie

I think the £15 is worth it just for the DVD and the other small gifts but you also get cool offers, such as:

- Quarterly Club Magazine
- Discounts on Anime Products
- Advance information
- Tokens for FREE Books & DVD's

Collect 24 tokens and get a free DVD or two free manga novels! You gain tokens when you buy items from their website. I just thought I'd present this to you guys in case you're interested! :)

X_nick_X said:
£15 cheque?

Whats that for the membership or to actully recive your prize?

You can pay by cheque or credit card.

Sorry, I was a bit unclear - the competition and the membership are completely unrelated. I entered a competition (on the same website) and when I recieved my prize, I also recieved a leaflet and information about how to join the 'UK Anime Club' which is part of the same website. I think £15 is pretty good for a DVD and other long-term offers.

Alice said:
X_nick_X said:
£15 cheque?

Whats that for the membership or to actully recive your prize?

You can pay by cheque or credit card.

Sorry, I was a bit unclear - the competition and the membership are completely unrelated. I entered a competition (on the same website) and when I recieved my prize, I also recieved a leaflet and information about how to join the 'UK Anime Club' which is part of the same website. I think £15 is pretty good for a DVD and other long-term offers.

Aaaah i get you not bad i was gonna say seemed like a rip to recive a prize 8)

The club is well worth joining if you buy alot of anime, over the year i was with them i managed to collect enough tokens for 2 free DVD's and i was only buying anime there if it was cheaper than other places. But the new released anime these days can be bought else where for cheaper so i decided not to renew my membership which just ran out.

They run completitions for club members as well, i just recently won a copy of PS2 game Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 which was a good surprise (although i have never played any dragon ball z games before).

GreenTango said:
They run completitions for club members as well, i just recently won a copy of PS2 game Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 which was a good surprise (although i have never played any dragon ball z games before).
Coincidence, I won that compo as well! :D I forgot I entered it as it was ages ago, but was a nice surprise when it came last week! (The new compo's for volume 1 of GunxSword...)

It's worth joining as £15 for a DVD is standard price and then you get a few bits and bobs in the post as an extra! :D If you koin at one of the Expos (I joined in October) then you can pick any of MVM's DVDs which is cool.

They've got a special DVD offer on at the mo'. All MVM & ADV volume 1 dvd's from £7.99, might be worth a look see :)

Back