UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Grimraven

Dandy Guy, in Space
Can i ask

How come so many titles here have so many season missing from the line up? like to for mentioned deal of the week right above?

There are way to many titles here who have to many seasons missing, so how am i suppose to collect region 2 titles with so many missing, even if they dont sell well it is to much.

João Gomes

Thousand Master
Checked Norm's blog real quick to see if The Big O is geolocked and it is.

Read how UK PlayStation consoles apparently read sentai blu-rays no problem. Anyone know if it's the case for EU PS5 consoles? Really want to re-watch this series.

NormanicGrav

Grav's End Harem
AUKN Staff
Checked Norm's blog real quick to see if The Big O is geolocked and it is.

Read how UK PlayStation consoles apparently read sentai blu-rays no problem. Anyone know if it's the case for EU PS5 consoles? Really want to re-watch this series.
If it helps pretty much every Section23 Films Blu-ray (Sentai Filmworks, ADV Films, Maiden Japan, SoftCel) from 2015 onwards will work on PS4, PS5, and Series X (and One as well but that had some technical stuff early on).

While folks have been testing it, even if its geolocked or simply AB the success rate for game consoles has been spot on.

Lucky_Deity

Great Teacher
Can i ask

How come so many titles here have so many season missing from the line up? like to for mentioned deal of the week right above?

There are way to many titles here who have to many seasons missing, so how am i suppose to collect region 2 titles with so many missing, even if they dont sell well it is to much.
It's painful, I know 😅 the UK gets the short end of the stick time and time again. There's probably a number of factors for it such as the UK market being smaller, companies not caring much (Crunchyroll), costs and licensing etc. but I can't say for sure, is just an observation.

sniper_samurai

Za Warudo
Just to note: you need to use a US forwarding service for Sentai as they don't ship internationally.
Yeah, good thing the Irish postal service has a forwarding service. Not too badly priced at €15.99 for up to 2kg, pity it's in Jersey as there is high sales tax there.

I'll grab Big O and anything else that I fancy to qualify for free shipping to the forwarding service.

massive Sentai sale on, even with the garbage exchange rate there are some good prices for importers
Their sales are usually pretty good but last I checked they don't deliver directly outside of US & Canada sadly, unless one uses one of those import companies or whatever they're called. Also reminds of some titles I worry will never make it as UK releases now including SNAFU season 3, shirobako and nana...

Gemsy-chan

Akatsuki
What US forwarding service you recommend to use?

Last time I use Ship7 and they are okay. I ordered a manga book that was available from BnN but wasn't in stock in UK.
I've used these 2 in the past with no problems

sniper_samurai

Za Warudo
futurama-good-news.gif

Dai

Thousand Master
I've used these 2 in the past with no problems

The TrustPilot ratings for those two companies are pretty yikes. I wonder if they've gone downhill or you got lucky.

Spark_Heal

Completely Average High School Student
massive Sentai sale on, even with the garbage exchange rate there are some good prices for importers
I've got a trip to America next month so I'm wondering if it would be possible buy some of this stuff now, get it posted to the hotel and then stuff it in my suitcase. Which feels like an absolutely terrible idea but also the cheapest way to get Venus Wars.

Edit:
please let me know if you think that’s doable. I genuinely don’t know.

Last edited: